PDA

View Full Version : Saturn UFO

John Kierein
2005-Feb-24, 02:37 PM
Anybody know what this UFO is just above the limb of Enceladus in this picture? Another Saturn moon in the distance?

http://ciclops.lpl.arizona.edu/view.php?id=847

Doodler
2005-Feb-24, 02:41 PM
Junk pixel? They did call it a raw image and the location looks like its actually on Enceladus' nightside, rather than over the limb.

John Kierein
2005-Feb-24, 02:49 PM
There's another pixel to the left that seems to be on the dark side below the limb inside a small crater. It could be a high point or a "junk pixel". But this one seems to me to be above the limb and pretty bright.

TravisM
2005-Feb-24, 03:32 PM
Cosmic ray?

Doodler
2005-Feb-24, 03:38 PM
There's another pixel to the left that seems to be on the dark side below the limb inside a small crater. It could be a high point or a "junk pixel". But this one seems to me to be above the limb and pretty bright.

I still have to call junk pixels. I've picked out three of them on that image as of now, its VERY clean for a raw image, but there's still a smidge of noise.

Argos
2005-Feb-24, 04:26 PM

There´s another bright dot in the middle of a "fracture", to the right of the two conspicuous neighbor craters in the day side. It suggests noise.

John Kierein
2005-Feb-24, 05:01 PM
Yep. Looks like noise. Sorry about that.

Wally
2005-Feb-24, 07:40 PM
Are you talking about the bright "spot" just past the terminator? It looks to me to possibly be a mountain peak catching the rising (setting??) sun, unless y'all think it's too far into the night side. . .

Argos
2005-Feb-24, 08:03 PM
Are you talking about the bright "spot" just past the terminator? It looks to me to possibly be a mountain peak catching the rising (setting??) sun, unless y'all think it's too far into the night side. . .

So, we have a third artifact... :)

The one I was talking about is well on the daylight side. If you take a second look you will find it.

mutant
2005-Feb-24, 08:05 PM
They are coming to get us. I am going into my bunker. You can do as you please.