PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

Gorn
2017-Jul-10, 05:30 AM
Hello..I am trying to learn (use) twitter..at this time.

If I read a story on the first web page I see..and I would potentially like to comment on it..how do or should I do so? Do I go to the top and tweet?

If I do..where exactly is that tweet posted? Can people see and comment (or tweet) about my post?

Thanks
G

PS. How do you get people to follow you? Can you message someone or thing you are following? What different between a message and a tweet?

The Backroad Astronomer
2017-Jul-10, 05:59 AM
under the story there is a heart icon just press that, when you tweet or tweet or retweet only the people who follow you see it. to retweet there is square icon with arrows.

Gorn
2017-Jul-11, 01:46 AM
If they are following the story..can I see there 'comment'..or 'response' tweets? Or do they need to be following 'you'..'me'..personally in order to see my tweets? If that's the case..can someone generally 'comment' on stories? and 'respond' to those?

Thanks for your answer(s). Thru more work..I might be able to figure it out on my own.

G

The Backroad Astronomer
2017-Jul-11, 02:10 AM
I know if make a comment on there story by using the message icon (the talk bubble thing) they can see it and others that are following them, but if you just tweet they won't see it unless they are following them.

Cougar
2017-Jul-11, 10:38 PM
It seems rather ridiculous to me that the amount of text available for a tweet is severely limited, but then you can apparently attached a huge video file to the tweet. Doesn't that rather defeat the original purpose?

The Backroad Astronomer
2017-Nov-22, 12:11 AM
I don't know what do to do on Twitter. There is a certain person I follow and after a while one of his followers starting following and me them. But the person decided to block this follower for being annoying. Now do I unfollow the annoying person or just leave it?

geonuc
2017-Nov-22, 12:23 PM
There are any number of online resources that will help you learn to use Twitter. Such as this one:

https://www.wired.com/2016/05/twitter-onboarding-tips-for-new-users/

The Backroad Astronomer
2017-Nov-23, 03:41 AM
I decide one of them on mute.
(the irony isn't wasted on me but I eventually cooled down hopefully the situation will.)