banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Mar-02, 11:30 AM
unbelievable-

http://www.trektoday.com/news/010305_02.shtml

still more unbelievable

http://www.trektoday.com/news/080305_01.shtml

Glom
2005-Mar-03, 04:05 PM
They're trying to raise the money to fund another season? For crying out loud, it's not worth it.

jrkeller
2005-Mar-03, 08:25 PM
They're trying to raise the money to fund another season? For crying out loud, it's not worth it.

I actually thought this year was its best year yet. For Enterprise that is

Gullible Jones
2005-Mar-04, 12:34 AM
Bah... Enterprise stunk. Better off the air...

(God, I thought Captain Kirk was an idiot. But that was before I saw Archer! :roll: )

dakini
2005-Mar-04, 01:02 AM
I've never really watched too much enterprise.. the two episodes I saw seemed ok. I haven't had cable so I haven't been able to enjoy any Star Trek. :(

Moose
2005-Mar-04, 01:03 AM
This year has been really good so far. Good enough that IMO Coto deserves a chance to salvage the show. If B&B were still writing, then yeah, sure. Coto's doing well. Let him work.

Heck, TNG and DS9 stank in its first two or three years. (And so did TOS... *grins ducks RUNS*)

Obviousman
2005-Mar-04, 04:43 AM
I love Trek - all of it. If they want to give the money, that's great.

Onya guys!

Inferno
2005-Mar-04, 04:52 AM
They should take the money and make the tackiest cheapest season that is inhumanly possible.

Oh wait.....that's Voyager.

Makgraf
2005-Mar-06, 07:20 AM
Yeah this season is the best season of Enterprise but that's kinda a "Best Football Team In Alaska" Award kind of thing.

This year has been really good so far. Good enough that IMO Coto deserves a chance to salvage the show. If B&B were still writing, then yeah, sure. Coto's doing well. Let him work.

Heck, TNG and DS9 stank in its first two or three years. (And so did TOS... *grins ducks RUNS*)
Well maybe the first 2 years. But both had good third seasons. The 3rd season of TNG was when it really gelled, and produced 2 of the greatest TNG episodes (Best of Both Worlds Part I and Yesterday's Enterprsie) And 3rd season DS9 had the beginnings of the Dominion War.

Candy
2005-Mar-06, 01:57 PM
How can I get someone to pledge money to help pay off my financial aid loan? 8-[

Donnie B.
2005-Mar-06, 03:36 PM
How can I get someone to pledge money to help pay off my financial aid loan? 8-[
How much do you need? :wink:

trob
2005-Mar-06, 04:09 PM
Enterprise never made it to Danish television, so if I want to watch it, it has to be from german tv - Sat 1.
Here is the catch: Germans syncronize EVERYTHING. It never worked for me:

wir haben klingone ins weltraum kapitan - sollen wir fotonentorpedos feuren?

Its hell :evil: Its like the nazis won WWII and took over the space program. So except for the pilot - which I bought on dvd - I don't know much about it.

Trob :D

P.s. I like germans, they are nice people and generally make good tv, (Except for heimatsmusic).

Candy
2005-Mar-07, 09:35 AM
How much do you need? :wink:
I think I'm around 30K in debt for school. They don't send statements, they just send checks. I may aim for the Masters, so it will go even higher. Chump change for the millionaire. :D

Glom
2005-Mar-07, 01:09 PM
I think you're confusing relative improvement with absolute quality. Sure they got better in later years, but only Enterprise truly wreaked off total zero quality crap in its second year.

Worst season ever!

Moose
2005-Mar-07, 01:35 PM
I think you're confusing relative improvement with absolute quality. Sure they got better in later years, but only Enterprise truly wreaked off total zero quality crap in its second year.

I'd put season four against any other season of trek you could name, all series, except maybe second last of DS9 and fourth of TNG.

N C More
2005-Mar-07, 01:49 PM
Well, I liked this past season and think it does seem a bit strange to pull it when it's finally getting good. Personally, that just doesn't make much sense to me...but then I'm not a TV programming executive!

Glom
2005-Mar-07, 02:11 PM
The issue is not quality but reception. People still aren't watching it.

Kristophe
2005-Mar-07, 03:52 PM

Of course not. Instead of starting of OK, and building up an audience, they started of OK and eroded it down. The name brand appeal of Enterprise is shot. They'd have to go further than saying "Yeah, we have new writers now. Thos old guys? Fir... I mean promoted" to get people ot watch. Like maybe actually putting out a full season that's not sucktastic before pulling the plug.

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Mar-09, 12:24 PM
not dead yet?

http://www.trektoday.com/news/080305_01.shtml

Van Rijn
2005-Mar-09, 08:59 PM
Of course not. Instead of starting of OK, and building up an audience, they started of OK and eroded it down. The name brand appeal of Enterprise is shot. They'd have to go further than saying "Yeah, we have new writers now. Thos old guys? Fir... I mean promoted" to get people ot watch. Like maybe actually putting out a full season that's not sucktastic before pulling the plug.

Yes, when Enterprise started, I was hopeful. I didn't like the anachronisms (too much advanced tech) but I let that slide because some of the stories were at least SOMEWHAT interesting and I had hopes they would improve as they got on their feet. The first season wasn't great, but it had promise.

Then they nearly became a "Voyager" clone, and started with Deus Ex Machina time travel, running off to regions we have never heard of, seeing important species not referenced in any of the other shows (though this was in the past).

All Star Trek series have had too many Deus Ex Machina stories, but prior to Enterprise, Voyager was the worst. ST:V was also the only Star Trek series where I could truthfully say that, of the episodes I watched, there was not a single "Stand Out" episode - an episode I would remember fondly. Most were just plain BAD. All the series have had bad episodes, but Voyager made it a habit. So when I read a news article saying Enterprise were taking that path - steering away from Star Trek origins to the cliche Lost In Space + Time Travel story to boost ratings - I bailed. They obviously didn't have a clue.

Swift
2005-Mar-09, 09:12 PM

I hadn't thought about it this way, but you are absolutely right. When ST:NG came out my expectations were low and were met -- the first couple of seasons were mediocre at best. But it got better over time.

I started with high expectations for Enterprise and was really excited about it; I thought it was a great concept. The first episodes were pretty good, the effects were nice, and all was good. But very quickly it went down hill and accelerated down in the second season. How I'm so disenfranchised that I couldn't care less and it really doesn't matter what they do. The last season might have been an improvement, but I didn't watch it and I didn't care.

tmosher
2005-Mar-10, 01:08 AM
Just let it die.

I tried watching Enterprise and to be frank, it didn't do anything for me. Voyager was basically the same way.

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Mar-10, 11:33 AM
http://www.trektoday.com/news/090305_01.shtml