PDA

View Full Version : Harry Dean Stanton dies

schlaugh
2017-Sep-16, 01:56 AM
He had a long career, but only became well-known later in life (http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/harry-dean-stanton-legendary-character-actor-dead-at-91-w503549). Alien fans recall him as the grungy tech-mech Brett in the first film. My first introduction to him was in Repo Man.

Harry Dean Stanton, 'Repo Man' and 'Twin Peaks' Actor, Dead at 91
By Daniel Kreps
Harry Dean Stanton, the legendary character actor and offbeat leading man who starred in Repo Man, Paris, Texas, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Big Love in a career that spanned over seven decades, has died at the age of 91.

Stanton died of natural causes in Los Angeles, Variety reports, with TMZ adding that the actor died peacefully Friday afternoon at the city's Cedars-Sinai Hospital.

A native of Kentucky and a veteran of the Battle of Okinawa, Stanton spent the early part of his career churning out bit parts in TV Westerns and small but vital roles in films like Cool Hand Luke, In the Heat of the Night and Kelly's Heroes.

WaxRubiks
2017-Sep-16, 02:21 AM
yes, I liked The Repo Man...

ozduck
2017-Sep-16, 03:50 AM
He appeared in some excellent films and was always a welcome addition to the cast.

bknight
2017-Sep-16, 02:54 PM
Yes, I remember him as Brett in Alien. RIP, Harry.

publiusr
2017-Sep-16, 03:51 PM
Very sad.

Gillianren
2017-Sep-16, 04:29 PM
I actually didn't end up writing The Solute's obituary, for a wonder; I was out doing some sewing for a friend who's having a baby next week, and I came home to the news some hours after everyone else got it. By the time I was home, another person who writes for the site had done a tribute. The thing is, my plan had been to write about him for Celebrating the Living in October. I'm almost done with the new Twin Peaks, which he's on, and it reminded me what an impressive career he's had. But I'm doing a Soapdish-themed month!