PDA

View Full Version : IAAA + Me = True!

Padawan
2005-Mar-08, 06:29 AM
Guess who was granted membership in the IAAA (many prominent astronomical artists are members here!)?

:D

cyswxman
2005-Mar-08, 06:43 AM
I give up. Who?? :-k :wink: :wink:

Candy
2005-Mar-08, 12:19 PM
Well, congratulations! =D>

Padawan
2005-Mar-08, 12:33 PM
:D

farmerjumperdon
2005-Mar-08, 01:55 PM
Cool. So give us an address where we can see some of your work.

Swift
2005-Mar-08, 02:20 PM
\:D/ =D> 8)

Padawan
2005-Mar-08, 02:20 PM
http://www.novacelestia.com

Nicolas
2005-Mar-08, 02:25 PM
=D> =D> =D> :o =D> =D> =D>

What techniques do you use to draw these?

farmerjumperdon
2005-Mar-08, 02:50 PM
Can we make requests? More planetary landscapes?

But seriously - very, very nice.

Padawan
2005-Mar-08, 03:03 PM

Lots of observation, knowledge and patience. My only software tool is photoshop 7.0 ;) There isnt any relatively new artwork in the gallery though. I have been quite busy...

The other members are so experienced and often much older than I am. I feel so....small, lol :)

Moose
2005-Mar-08, 03:19 PM
:o

Stunning work. I like. =D>

As for "feeling small", remember the rhyme.

I am a little acorn;
That fact is plain to see.
But remember that the mighty oak
was once a nut like me!

Spacewriter
2005-Mar-08, 04:14 PM
That's great! I have several friends who are members -- all very cool people. You are among a select crowd...

;)

Padawan
2005-Mar-08, 04:39 PM
Hehe, thanks for your support! :)

I'm happy to become a part of their community, it's a different feeling to be among likeminded people.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-08, 04:51 PM

Lots of observation, knowledge and patience. My only software tool is photoshop 7.0 ;) There isnt any relatively new artwork in the gallery though. I have been quite busy...

The other members are so experienced and often much older than I am. I feel so....small, lol :)

My PSP work is, uhm, somewhat different from you photoshop art!! =D> =D> (I only use it to make textures for a 3D game I'm making, and my textures aren't exactly "art" :roll: ...)

Padawan
2005-Mar-08, 05:46 PM
Hehe, but textures can be used to make art, in 3D models.

I understand where you are coming from though. Most 3D models, especially for those used in games have the requirements to be low polygon as well as low resolution, in order to render enough frames in real time per second that the animation doesnt "lag", unless the system on which you are running the game is really powerful, then you can add more quality. ;)

Still-photos have other requirements though. They may take more time to render, and at a higher quality, due to the lack of realtime rendering requirements.