PDA

View Full Version : Website design of interest.

Rue
2005-Mar-08, 03:38 PM
A design that is beautiful in its simplicity. With easy to use navigation and pleasant presentation this site allows the user to move between pages, essentially blocks of text, without having to wait for something new to load. The logo also presents itself nicely and has the potential of becoming as memorable as the Nike swoosh (note the headset on the girl).

The only problem is, the only thing I would take exception to is the fact that this site is pure 100%, unadulterated.....

WOOWOO!

http://www.imxlabs.com/index.html

"remote viewing photography..." :roll:

tmosher
2005-Mar-08, 03:44 PM
historical sub-space audio extraction

What?

Rue
2005-Mar-08, 03:47 PM
historical sub-space audio extraction

What?

You know, it's a radionic process.

ToSeek
2005-Mar-08, 03:49 PM
Don't they know that a proper woo-woo site is a single page with centered text (and LOTS of ALL CAPITALS) against a garish background?

Anyhow, this one is pretty good, except:
- You have to click on the tiny little square to change pages.
- You have to go through the main page to get to any of the secondary pages; there's no navigation from the latter.

Rue
2005-Mar-08, 04:00 PM
Don't they know that a proper woo-woo site is a single page with centered text (and LOTS of ALL CAPITALS) against a garish background?

Yes and it should scroll on forever.

- You have to go through the main page to get to any of the secondary pages; there's no navigation from the latter.

True, the menu should be on every page.

Argos
2005-Mar-08, 04:01 PM
Concept good. Execution poor.

Gullible Jones
2005-Mar-08, 04:03 PM
That picture is actually 5 pictures, placed one on top of the other to look like a single one. :-? Browsers using the KHTML engine (and probably the Webcore engine) create spaces between the pictures, making the site look awful. :lol:

The site's overall layout does look pretty though. :lol:

Evan
2005-Mar-08, 04:18 PM
They probably think Alias is nonfiction.

Rue
2005-Mar-08, 04:20 PM
That picture is actually 5 pictures, placed one on top of the other to look like a single one. :-? Browsers using the KHTML engine (and probably the Webcore engine) create spaces between the pictures, making the site look awful. :lol:

It's difficult to optimize for ALL the different browser types out there.

Judging by this sites content it is probably best viewed with the browser built into the cerebral cortex.

Gullible Jones
2005-Mar-08, 04:24 PM
Yeah... But why couldn't they use a single picture? Even MS Paint makes it quite easy to combine pictures... :-?

Nicolas
2005-Mar-08, 04:57 PM
I would have made the font just a little bit larger and darker: at 1280*1024 (my standard working resolution) it is rather small to read for me.

Furthermore: if you put a "read more: w w w . whatever etc" in your website, why isnt that URL a link??? :roll:

ToSeek
2005-Mar-08, 05:03 PM
One of their projects seems to be to blast Toronto and LA with 115 dB music. (http://musicfromthesky.com/main-index.php) I doubt this is going to be very popular.

sidmel
2005-Mar-08, 08:50 PM
Working with unique and custom-made quantum sonic technologies, IMX Labs is currrently in the research & development phase of stabalizing the Earth’s geo-magnetic field through an acoustic ‘accupuncture’ process applied on various points of the earthgrid

Wow...all I can think of is Dudley Doright (or some such character)singing...Here I come to save the day!

Acoutic accupuncture? Shoot, they should have seen the sound system in my '76 LeMons Sports Coupe I had in highschool. 'Course, that may be why the geo-magnetic field needs stabalizing in the first place.

sidmel
2005-Mar-08, 09:03 PM
Hmmm. Doing a whois lookup, it seems to a site ran out of Germany, with the site being registered May 2004. Following further, the site is adminstered by a guy that apperently does either free lance Web design, software designer or both.

Makes me wonder if this is just a sample site he uses to show his work, and the wild claims aren't just a joke he's tossed in.

Swift
2005-Mar-08, 09:11 PM
It almost sounds like Star Trek technobabble as much as Woo-woo

Working with unique and custom-made quantum sonic technologies, IMX Labs is currrently in the research & development phase of stabalizing the Earth’s geo-magnetic field through an acoustic ‘accupuncture’ process applied on various points of the earthgrid.

{scene: Geordi and Data in conference room with the Captain and Riker}
Data: "We can stabilize the planet's geo-magnetic field using quantum sonics"
Geordi: "Yeah, it's like an acoustic 'accupuncture' process"
Riker: "How long will it take to set-up"
Geordi: "Should be able to do it in a couple of hours. We'll have to reconfigure the main deflector grid"
Captain: "Make it so"