PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Rays from Supernovae

trinitree88
2018-Jan-29, 06:28 PM
Other than a small sample of stardust, and some high energy neutrinos, cosmic rays are our only source of extragalactic matter, so understanding them contributes to our understanding the distant universe. The authors cover the state-of-the-art in good detail on propective acceleration mechanisms, sources of rays, isotopic composition, local mtigating factors,....the works. Studying SNRs, supernova remnants, over the entire spectrum for years following a supernova, gives a kind of time-lapse motion picture of the processes that are occuring there as the remnant matures and accelerates trapped particles to escape velocity, wherein they escape to come visit us. SEE:https://arxiv.org/abs/1801.08890

pete

Strange
2018-Jan-30, 10:27 AM
You seem to have an enormous number of threads with 0, 1 2 replies. Might it be better to just put them all in a "Interesting Things Pete has Spotted" thread?

trinitree88
2018-Jan-30, 09:04 PM
You seem to have an enormous number of threads with 0, 1 2 replies. Might it be better to just put them all in a "Interesting Things Pete has Spotted" thread?

Strange. True, lately. But I checked my history of posts, a few of my "no replies" had 700-over a 1000 views, (like Ghost Imaging) and most have 100-200. At times I get entrained on a specific area of research and try to collect my references over a few weeks before posting something more controversial than usual. Presently I'm working on correlations between some very diverse anomalous phenomena, pusuant to patenting two of them @ USPTO. Not trying to annoy people. If they want to see the whole shebang for the month they can click on trinitree88 and search the post histories. That'll show the "replies" and "views" counts for each post, and give a more efficient search of what members find most interesting. Happy hunting. pete

trinitree88
2018-Feb-01, 11:47 PM
Strange. I checked Fraser's Universe today page.. He has an averge of 0.4 replies for 20 posts, and less than 25 views. Lots of the posts have 0 replies, same kind of thing. pete