PDA

View Full Version : Has this strange fringe astronomy 'theory' been discussed here yet?

Hans
2018-Mar-24, 04:08 PM
http://www.tychos.info/

"The true model of our solar system"

If so could someone link me to that thread

Thanks!

slang
2018-Mar-24, 05:11 PM
No references in this forum that I can find. Not on author name, nor on website.

Ken G
2018-Mar-24, 06:30 PM
http://www.tychos.info/

"The true model of our solar system"
It is hard to invent anything more preposterous than a claim that a new model of the solar system is the only one that works, when it is a fact that we have used the old model to actually send satellites with spectacular precision around the solar system. What kind of mind can miss that painfully obvious fact? If the mind is unintelligent, it couldn't make the argument at all, so I think it must be that the mind simply cares more about knowing something "cool" than something "true."

Hans
2018-Mar-24, 08:52 PM
It is hard to invent anything more preposterous than a claim that a new model of the solar system is the only one that works, when it is a fact that we have used the old model to actually send satellites with spectacular precision around the solar system. What kind of mind can miss that painfully obvious fact? If the mind is unintelligent, it couldn't make the argument at all, so I think it must be that the mind simply cares more about knowing something "cool" than something "true."

Yes it is pure crazy. I was just wondering if it had wandered into this forum to be put out of its misery!

Hans
2018-Mar-24, 08:53 PM
No references in this forum that I can find. Not on author name, nor on website.

Thanks I had searched too and found nothing but my search Fu is often poor on this site. Thanks for confirming.

Nowhere Man
2018-Mar-24, 11:17 PM
It's being discussed over at International Skeptics Forum too.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328068

Fred

Hornblower
2018-Mar-24, 11:47 PM
When I looked at that article my reaction was, "Is this someone's idea of a joke? April Fool's Day isn't for another 8 days."

Hans
2018-Mar-25, 01:02 AM
When I looked at that article my reaction was, "Is this someone's idea of a joke? April Fool's Day isn't for another 8 days."

The guy who created it thinks just about everything that has ever happened - didn't, pretty much everything is faked for "reasons". Hard to tell if he is insane, deluded, or just a troll.

Trebuchet
2018-Mar-25, 01:10 AM
It's being discussed over at International Skeptics Forum too.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328068

Fred

My reaction over there was that it makes Robert Sungenis look downright rational.

antoniseb
2018-Mar-25, 12:19 PM
... Hard to tell if he is insane, deluded, or just a troll.
I've seen an uptick (here and elsewhere) in what appears to be attempts to test the limits of what non-scientists can accept as possible about the theories and need for doubt about established science.

ranb
2018-Mar-25, 03:56 PM
It is hard to invent anything more preposterous than a claim that a new model of the solar system is the only one that works, when it is a fact that we have used the old model to actually send satellites with spectacular precision around the solar system. What kind of mind can miss that painfully obvious fact? ....
Their answer to that is "rocket propulsion in a vacuum is not possible" as there is no air for the rocket to push against in a vacuum. On Clues Forum space travel of any kind is a hoax.

Ranb

ranb
2018-Mar-25, 04:15 PM
New religion perhaps?

http://www.tychos.info/online-access/?level_id=0
After years of solitary efforts and with no financial backing whatsoever, I have completed this book which I hope you will find to be both enlightening and worthy of being diffused as far and wide as possible. I have genuine gratitude for each and every one of you willing to support me in this arduous endeavor which may, imaginably, meet with considerable resistance from assorted official circles and institutions. As you may sense and appreciate, the TYCHOS is a major paradigm shift that will have devastating repercussions among this world’s scientific community : this is hoping you will share and enjoy the excitement of it all !

BigDon
2018-Mar-25, 04:42 PM

I didn't want to be the first person to post on this one.

My very first thought was

"How'd we hit Pluto then, dumbass?"

I've seen an uptick (here and elsewhere) in what appears to be attempts to test the limits of what non-scientists can accept as possible about the theories and need for doubt about established science.

It's not your imagination. I've noticed that very thing myself but didn't know how to articulate it without risking a perma-ban for politics from slang.

Ken G
2018-Mar-26, 08:04 PM
Their answer to that is "rocket propulsion in a vacuum is not possible" as there is no air for the rocket to push against in a vacuum. On Clues Forum space travel of any kind is a hoax.Ah yes, we are dealing with the kind of mind that picks its own truths, and calls everything else a hoax. Man I'm getting tired that of that kind of thinking.

Solfe
2018-Mar-27, 01:56 AM
Why would the Earth be chugging along at 1 mph and spinning at 1040.4 mph? If everything is supposed to be simple, why not have an exact 24 hour day or a nice round number for rotation speed?

wd40
2018-Mar-28, 08:27 AM
There haven't been agnostic geocentrists since the Brahenian Debaters of Berkeley in the 70s.

The modified classic Tychonian model has the Earth totally stationary, with the stars centered on the Sun, which itself goes round the Earth every day (or is it siderial day?).

Shack's 'Tychos' model has the Earth rotating on its axis every day, whilst revolving "at the tranquil pace of 1 mph".

Both attempt "to save the appearances".

In theory, can GR accommodate both models?

Shaula
2018-Mar-28, 11:31 AM
In theory, can GR accommodate both models?
The Tychos concept is not a coordinate change, so GR cannot 'accommodate' it. From your description I don't think GR can be used to excuse the modified classical Tychonian model either as locking the stars to the Sun rather than the Earth probably makes it more than a simple coordinate change.