PDA

View Full Version : Definition of GLP (as found on GLP)

Lance
2005-Mar-13, 09:06 PM
This message found on GLP (http://godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?message=88341) says it all.

"Give us your lonely, your deranged, and your mentally ill; give us your woo-woo´s, idiots, conspiracy theorists, catastrophists, astrologists and new age theologists; and give us your morons. Bring us your hoaxers and con-artists. Bring us your religious zealots, your bible thumping radicals, your bigots and your sexually frustrated teenagers. Bring us your trolls and pseudo-scientists."

"We will provide a place of refuge, a place where attention will be given, a place for freedom of delusional representation. A place for all to come and ponder the existance and universal
meaning of all fantasy, good and bad. A place where all people of miniscule mind can pen their thoughts, delusions, suppositions and conjecture with anonymity and safety."

"Bring them to GLP, we will provide for them. We will provide the haven they so desperately seek. A soapbox for those unable to be heard above the din of reality."

Archer17
2005-Mar-13, 09:26 PM
I haven't graced that board in a while but when I did I always thought that most of the GLP denizens post for effect and don't take the crazy stuff seriously. It's sort of a "can you top this?" mentality over there.

Kesh
2005-Mar-13, 09:45 PM
I think that's going to thin out a bit, now that they have publicly displayed user IDs.

Lance
2005-Mar-13, 09:55 PM
I think that's going to thin out a bit, now that they have publicly displayed user IDs.

Really, or just appear to?

I think it's just the sock puppets that suffer from the User IDs, not so much real users. Except, of course, the super paranoid.

Lurker
2005-Mar-13, 10:55 PM
I have no response to that... :o

Gillianren
2005-Mar-13, 11:02 PM
I do, Lurker, and I think I speak for you on it, too.

I'm mentally ill, and I don't believe in woo-woo. there are lots of kinds of mentally ill, and I think schizophrenia is the kind for woo-woo belief.

Lurker
2005-Mar-13, 11:31 PM
I do, Lurker, and I think I speak for you on it, too.

I'm mentally ill, and I don't believe in woo-woo. there are lots of kinds of mentally ill, and I think schizophrenia is the kind for woo-woo belief.
I think there is a fair amount of truth in this. I know that when I was being treated, I asked the counselors and psychiatrists treating me a lot of questions. They believe that over the next few decades medicine will find that chemical chemical imbalances will account for a significant portion of mental illness. That medicine will find that, depending on the severity of the imbalance, the response ranges from severe depression all the way to schizophrenia.

I have heard stories of my behavior before treatment and I know that I was probably considered a woo-woo in many respects. What I don't know how to to communicate to others is what it feels like to hear static and voices in your head, What it feels like to have time become out of sync, what it feels like to not be able to perceive reality as others do. (How can anyone ever understand why I had to wear my hair a certain length or why I couldn't buy a certain style of pants) I don't know if there are woo-woos or not, but I do know that there are some very tortured souls over on GLP and I could wish our society did not see mental illness as such a dark and shameful condition.

Gullible Jones
2005-Mar-14, 01:07 AM
People with bipolar disorder can also become delusional. I know this from personal experience.

(No, I won't give further information, since it's not your business. Suffice to say that I don't have bipolar disorder, but I know someone who does.)

Gillianren
2005-Mar-14, 11:24 PM
I do; most of my delusions are of a more personal nature, and seriously tied in to my low self-esteem, fear of abandonment, and other mental issues.

but w/in the next 24 hours or so, I should find out if the attorney that I think will help me most will take my case. keep your fingers crossed, kids; I need disability!