PDA

View Full Version : The 'No Topic' Thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 04:15 PM
In the 'Is this allowed' topic, Alot of people accused me of serious things... Like wanting to kill people or something, And doing illegal stuff, Not true. I have NEVER done anything illegal, Cept once, But thats none of your business.

bullets come down, and can hit some one, and you would be charged with manslaughter

Who ever said that had no basis to, You don't know if I live in the desert, a city, or anything, I used to live in a place where you could detonate a nuke and only kill me/mom/dad.. You have no rights to accuse me of anything, The BA even said so, SO just DROP IT. Okay?

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 04:43 PM
So when you said you shot somebody in the leg once, that wasn't true?

Candy
2005-Mar-14, 05:09 PM
So when you said you shot somebody in the leg once, that wasn't true?
What are you guys talking about? 8-[

Paul Beardsley
2005-Mar-14, 05:34 PM
It's something Vegeta claimed he did in the Youth of the Nation thread.

The pattern goes: Vegeta says something intended to provoke, people are duly provoked and so they respond, Vegeta then goes hysterical because of their response.

Things have moved on since. Vegeta has now started a new thread (this one) to have a go at the people he provoked in a previous thread (Is This Allowed?) instead of just letting matters drop.

I think he also forgets what he's claimed. We're told here that he only once did something illegal, but it's none of our business what it was. So either it's the leg-shooting (in which case he's forgotten he's mentioned it) or it's something else entirely and the leg-shooting was something he made up. Or else it's all rubbish.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 05:38 PM
Yes a made up the gunshot. I have contacted my Lawyer (http://kirklawfirm.net) (who is my uncle) on this matter... So please stop. I am the biggest liar in town, But I can make up for in truths... And I HAVE contacted my lawyer/atourney/whatever your prefer.

Lance
2005-Mar-14, 05:38 PM
Hey Majin:

I'd like to introduce you to Interdimensional Warrior (http://godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?message=87841).

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's just my limited knowledge of English, but "back down" sounds rather strong to me.

You claim you shot someone. You claim you never did anything illegal except for one thing, which didn't appear (from forum hisroty and context) to be the leg shooting. Therefor I asked you how to interpret things.

Where is the part where I should back down? I'm not one of those persons who automatically assume young people to lie about everything, certainly on this board I try to give them the opportunity of serious talks.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 05:41 PM
Hey Majin:

I'd like to introduce you to Interdimensional Warrior (http://godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?message=87841).
What about that? I'm registered there ; About the lawyer thing, That's only if nessessary. Hope not...

EDIT: I mean't 'Back down' as Stop... I hate conflict. :wink:

EDIT 2: I'm not threatening anyone, I want you to stop.

EDIT 3: I never shot anyone, The illegal thing is something I prefer to keep private.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 05:53 PM
Well then, Majin Vegeta, I suggest the following:

-don't lie. It is unnecessary, confusing and it certainly leads to conflicts.
-Don't swear. It is unnecessary, leadss to conflicts, many people don't like it and it is forbidden on this board, also in censored form (or in the form of a personal attack without using real strong words).
-An attitude of violent, gunfreak, rough, rich (lying) boy won't get you far. Not on this board, not in life, not with women. If you want to get the chicks, be yourself. If girls like your person, they'll be interested in you. I'm enjoying some interest of women, and believe me it's not because of my rebel attitude or because of my good looks. Certainly women do see physical beauty, but they tend to translate your good and weak aspects of physical appearance according to their feelings about you. If they like you, they' like your cute nose. If they don't like you, they'll be turned of by your thin neck. Just examples :).

So Majin Vegeta, if you want a place where people look at your message and not at your age, take the chance this board offers. Lots of people for serious and funny talks from all over the world. You're certainly welcome, but you need to adjust to the board rules and it is very much advised to adapt some general discussion rules (like not lying, no matter for what reason) as well.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 05:57 PM
I'm not a violent person, I'm a good guy, I just lie a bit.. Plus if the cops came over I would NEVER have internet again! Internet is my only life because I am homeschooled, Please, You can't do this to me guys. :(

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 06:00 PM
We're not doing anything to you, Majin Vegeta. You're not a victim. Read my previous thread. You are welcome here. (As far as I know) nobody is out to get you, if you just adapt to the way things go on this board. If you can't or don't want that, there are plenty of other boards on the internet. Choose one that suits you. If you stay here and adapt to the rules, (as far as I know) nobody will do anything to you. If you leave in search of a board that fits you better, (as far as I know) nobody will do anything to you either. Again, we're not out to get you.
Just don't lie yourself into trouble. That remarks goes way beyond this board.

Edited to add the (as far as I know)s.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 06:04 PM
There were people in the other one asking BA to call the cops, and call my ISP, Why would anyone do that? I have the right to bear arms, No auto unless my dad gets a liscense but I would rather get a semi and pay less anyway. All the same, I hope my uncle replys to me soon.. I will give GMAIL to everyone who shuts up about it. Just Shoot me a pm.

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 06:37 PM
Here's a link to Majin's blog where he says, and I quote, "three people all made my "I f-ing hate you list!", Which is more of a "I want to kick your a__" list which is more of a "I will f-ing kill you" List."

http://bioslife.blogspot.com/

I really think we should contact the Louisiana police department. I'd hate it if he actually went crazy and hurt someone. We'd be partially responsible for that if we just listened to this and did nothing.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 06:43 PM
#-o How did you find that? And I didn't say that either... Thats my blog by the way, Do you like? Those guys are in different countrys you idiot. -_- And they are my friends at Animefaq.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 06:45 PM
There were people in the other one asking BA to call the cops, and call my ISP, Why would anyone do that? I have the right to bear arms, No auto unless my dad gets a liscense but I would rather get a semi and pay less anyway. All the same, I hope my uncle replys to me soon.. I will give GMAIL to everyone who shuts up about it. Just Shoot me a pm.

You're bribing people to "shut up" because they are mislead by your lies?

Edit to add: btw I hadn't noticed you were saying you contacted a lawyer on this subject, I thought it was about that one illegal thing. Just to put my respones into context.

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 06:47 PM
edit: removed mention of Majin's identity

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm sorry, Contact the police if you wish... My life can't get too much worse... I'm going to find a different forum, Don't hold it against me. I'll be back from time to time. But you know, I like all of yas and, I'm sorry I ever lied or said anything.

You can find me at Animefaq or my forums as listed in my blog.

AT
2005-Mar-14, 06:48 PM
Ok, Tofu, stop baiting him.
Majin Vegeta, stop.. you know... everything.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 06:49 PM
Holy <snip>, Tofu, Are you anyone I know? Are you a hacker or something? Majin Leon?

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 06:50 PM
Ok, Tofu, stop baiting him.
What's that mean?

edit: removed pic of cute doggy

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 06:51 PM
Tofu, I don't see the relevance of posting his personal details here without permission.

Lurker
2005-Mar-14, 06:53 PM
Hey Majin!! Why don't you knock it off!!

This is not the place for mixing lies and the truth and expecting other posters to figure out which is which. This is not a place to threaten others with lawyers or other legal nonsense!!

This is a scientific board and some of us are getting tired of you!!

Edited to correct spelling errors...

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 06:58 PM
Tofu, I don't see the relevance of posting his personal details here without permission.

Do you consider this too personal? Sorry. It's not like I posted his full name and home address or anything. I'm really just hoping to motivate him to tone it down a little or else I will call the police. He's talking about shooting people and breaking federal firearms laws. I think we'd all prefer not to have our beloved BABB dragged into a legal mess when he actually carries out one of his threats.

SKY
2005-Mar-14, 07:03 PM
I realize that I may have overreacted to your post in the other thread, but you have to understand why. You have a kid who told people on this board that he shot another kid in the leg and spent three years in juvi for it, in the same thread, mind you, that you started concerning POD's "Youth of the Nation" which discusses school shootings. Whether you like the song or not (which I do too) it gets kind of suspicious when you start to ask for our help in finding a firearm online (especially since your only 14). Can you start to understand why some of us thought the way we did? I have seen news where kids "joked" about bringing a firearm to school and they had the police at there door. There was even a time in LA county where a kid did almost the same thing as you, but he joked about it online and the police came to his door. I realize you never said it, but through certain actions, the insinuation seemed to be there. I apologize for jumping the gun (no pun intended), and for the record, I never said "I hope the BA calls his ISP and shuts his internet down" I just stated that I wouldn't be surprised if he did. The BA has spoken and said that he has no intention of doing that, and he is not influenced by the posters here. So, another poster stating that they "advise that the BA call your ISP" won't make anymore a difference since the BA has already stated he has no want or need to do it. But I also think you need to be a little more mature when posting here. I don't think the lies have done anything positive for you yet, have they? There's a difference between just joking around and flat out lying. And so far, you have just flat out lied to us about darn near everything, so it is getting hard to figure out what and what not to believe when you post, and I can understand why most are not willing to figure it out anymore. I think if you stay honest and be a little more mature, you will find this a enjoyable place to talk with people.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 07:03 PM
Tofu: I think it above all we should keep to board rules, and I'm sure that not posting personal information without permission is at least implicitly a rule.

We can say what we think about Vegeta, but we can do so without going outside of the rules ourselves. Not only does this help the pureness of our responses, it also prevents us from getting into trouble.

dvb
2005-Mar-14, 07:12 PM
Tofu: I think it above all we should keep to board rules, and I'm sure that not posting personal information without permission is at least implicitly a rule.

We can say what we think about Vegeta, but we can do so without going outside of the rules ourselves. Not only does this help the pureness of our responses, it also prevents us from getting into trouble.

I think that we've gone through this argument before, and although some may view it as personal information, others believe that since it has been placed on the internet, it is no longer personal and becomes public domain.

Personally I think it's hitting below the belt, but a situation similar to this one had already been discussed on a former member who went by the name of Coberst.

Ultimately it is up to the BA to decide.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:12 PM
I'm sad now... Please stop everyone, My dog lizzy has been gone since early 2004 and I miss her... Only a hacker could have gotten that information, It's in my computer's private files...

Edit: I read the long post on the other page and can see why you got conserned, and yes it did say on my blog "F-ing kill them" or somthing like that but I didn't put it there, My blog is for the world to see and it has info on me, I would never hurt anything (cept my nephue) When lizzy was stolen I lost all hope, But I saved me from myself by making internet friends where I lack on real ones.

dvb
2005-Mar-14, 07:15 PM
I'm sad now... Please stop everyone, My dog lizzy has been gone since early 2004 and I miss her... Only a hacker could have gotten that information, It's in my computer's private files...

And that's why it's on your webserver?

Just right click on the picture, and go to properties. That will give you the URL to the origin of the picture. [-(

SKY
2005-Mar-14, 07:15 PM
Wow, in the time it took me to write the above post, everything seemed to come to a head in this thread.

Tofu- I personally don't think that's the way to handle this situation. It may not be name and home address, but it skirts the issue of privacy and, even though I don't want to know how you got it, if you did through hacking, it is illegal to do and you could face a banning from the BA for it. Please edit the posts deleting that info before there more greif in this thread. I personally don't think it's helped matters either, now he probably thinks we're even more out to get him.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:19 PM
Wow, in the time it took me to write the above post, everything seemed to come to a head in this thread.

Tofu- I personally don't think that's the way to handle this situation. It may not be name and home address, but it skirts the issue of privacy and, even though I don't want to know how you got it, if you did through hacking, it is illegal to do and you could face a banning from the BA for it. Please edit the posts deleting that info before there more greif in this thread. I personally don't think it's helped matters either, now he probably thinks we're even more out to get him.
He had to, I keep her picture on there incase I lose the pic-pic of her, It's in a file with a password locked... I know tofu hacked me to do It but I don't care, I once new a guy named SSJ5Cell who said he was going to hack me, and he thought I was so impressed when he "Hacked" my site and slowed it down, I called it kiddie scripting at the best.

Tofu, I know someone who BUSTS hackers for a living and could get you.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 07:21 PM
dvb, as I didn't have a link to that info, I couldn't know if it was in a open website. Majin Vegeta says it isn't.

You realize the problem of your behaviour Majin Vegeta? We don't know if it's true that this info was only on your private computer. We don't know whether your dog really is dead. You've lost your credibility, and it will take a lot of work to regain it. Threatening and namecalling won't work. It will take a lot of time and serious effort to show you've got a certain level of maturity that allows for serious or more free dicsussions on this thread.

You're just making it very, very hard for yourself this way. If you value the BABB, I suggest you take the chance with your both hands now. All's not lost. Shows us you've got maturity. Hold your temper. Stop the lies. Be honest. Be yourself. Discuss in a polite and mature way. Impress us. If you believe you can do it, we'll believe it eventually too.

If you really like the BABB, I hope you can leave this bad start behind you, and build up a good name on the BABB. The edge of trouble is the edge of a good situation as well. Turn the situation to your good. The last thing we want is trouble Majin Vegeta. Not for yourself, not for ourselves, not for anyone. Shows us you've reached a level of maturty that shows you're no trouble. No major nor minor trouble. It will take you some time to show that, but if you want it and believe in it, I'm sure you will be able to do it.

Edit to add (massive number of posts while typing): people please stay calm here. More lies, threats and misbehaviour will help nobody. Is there really no way this issue can be handled in a mature way?

Lurker
2005-Mar-14, 07:22 PM
Hey Majin can you just try to get with the program here?? This is not the place for this type of thing.

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 07:23 PM
Please edit the posts deleting that info
done

Majin, just chill out. You post in dozens of other forums. How about doing us all a favor and posting stories about weapons (you don't have) and crimes I hope you'll never comit in those other forums. mkay?

And if you have an astonomy question then by all means post it here at the BABB.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:28 PM
Truth ; Everything I present below IS fact:

1. I know several hackers and a hacker buster
2. It was on my blog but I didn't put it there
3. Lizzy isn't dead, She was stolen
4. I'm about uppermiddle class
5. My uncle is a lawyer and I have contacted him
6. The Guns I really have are as follows:

Thompson Tommy Gun 22 Cal. Semi-Auto
Shotgun 410
Rifle w/ Scope 22 Cal
30-06 w/ Golden Trigger
12 Gauge Shotgun
9mm Pistol

7. I didn't order a HKMP5
8. I'm not some crazy psycho killer
9. I never shot anyone
10. The one crime I did commit was Identity theft of a star; He dropped the charges.

I didn't use any of the guys money or anything, I just claimed to be him.

Lurker
2005-Mar-14, 07:31 PM
Majin, this has very little to do with astronomy. Why are you posting it here??

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:32 PM
This is the BABB Community, Not general astronomy. 8)

Captain Kidd
2005-Mar-14, 07:33 PM
Majin, this has very little to do with astronomy. Why are you posting it here??To be fair, most of the stuff in BABBling has noting to do with astronomy.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:34 PM
Astronomy has several forums, This is just a chatty section.

Lurker
2005-Mar-14, 07:35 PM
Majin, this has very little to do with astronomy. Why are you posting it here??To be fair, most of the stuff in BABBling has noting to do with astronomy.
I think we have been MORE than fair with Majin you. I think its time you get a clue and conduct yourself as an adult if you want the respect of the other posters on this board.

Zachary
2005-Mar-14, 07:40 PM
Hey now, why don't we all just calm down with this gentle soothing picture.

http://www.blorktronics.com/Resources/bovination.gif

Ok, seriously, this is just pedantic, I've seen mud-slinging matches which were more dignified (ok, well, I haven't, it's just a figure of speech as we don't get a lot of mud where I live 8-[ )

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:40 PM
Eh? So do I and I have thanks for that.. I will be banned soon though, I can feel it... :(

dvb
2005-Mar-14, 07:48 PM
Majin, this has very little to do with astronomy. Why are you posting it here??

It would appear that he is trying to make amends with the board, and is so far off to a good start. Remember, BABBling isn't astronomy right? :D

Majin, I understand that you are being defensive towards your personal information being leaked when you say that you know hackers. I know hackers as well. Just visit IRC on a regular basis. I'm not worried about anyone hacking into my computer though, because I know that they'll have to put forth a lot of effort to even get a ping from my computer, let alone get my IP from the BABB.

What you have to realize is that there's always someone out there that is smarter than you in some subject or another, and that's the case for everyone. You also have to realize that there's a great deal of smart people on this board in a varying degree of subjects. That being said, when someone tries to lie on this board, their chances of actually getting away with it are very very slim.

If you lie to impress people on this board, which is what I believe to be the case, you won't be impressing many. As others have said, be yourself. If you have questions, feel free to ask them. Remember, this board is about learning, not showing off. Showing off on here will not impress anyone period.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:50 PM
Well, I usually lie a *little* bit, But I can make an exception here. =D>

Captain Kidd
2005-Mar-14, 07:51 PM
Eh? So do I and I have thanks for that.. I will be banned soon though, I can feel it... :(
You must be on boards with pretty power-mad moderators, only the BA can ban people and they ban themselves, he doesn't do it whimsically.

Out of curiosity, what brought you here in the first place?

If you give it a chance, you'll like it here. Especially if you get stuck on something for schoolwork. Rant, rave, cuss, and show off all you want on the DBZ boards; chill out and learn stuff here.

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 07:51 PM
Remember, this board is about learning, not showing off. Showing off on here will not impress anyone period.

Unless of course you're showing off by toseeking toseek, in which case everyone will probably be impressed.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 07:54 PM
Remember, this board is about learning, not showing off. Showing off on here will not impress anyone period.

Unless of course you're showing off by toseeking toseek, in which case everyone will probably be impressed.

It does give a goal to the virtual part of our lives, doesn't it? :)

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 07:55 PM
You must be on boards with pretty power-mad moderators, only the BA can ban people and they ban themselves, he doesn't do it whimsically.

Out of curiosity, what brought you here in the first place?

If you give it a chance, you'll like it here. Especially if you get stuck on something for schoolwork. Rant, rave, cuss, and show off all you want on the DBZ boards; chill out and learn stuff here.That helped! I overstress myself everywhere else! <START RELAX ZONE> I found this site in december 2002 and registered in 2003, Lost my password and got a new profile, I told the ba so he wouldn't ban me over it... Back in 2003 I belived in PX and BABB was my salvation from the lies.

dvb
2005-Mar-14, 07:57 PM

I should have clarified by saying "showing off by lying". ;)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 08:01 PM
If you have doubts about subjects -especially astronomy subjects, but others as well-, this will be the ideal place to ask questions. The BABB showed you the way around PX in the past :), I'm sure it can help on other topics as well! For aircraft questions, you've got Glom, me, and many other posters with a lot of knowledge on that subject. And that indeed counts for many subjects. Over 5000 members, many of them highly intelligent. It's a paradise for questions! :).

btw =D> I'm glad we found the tracks again. =D>

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 08:07 PM
I just changed the Blog's most recient post to what I thought sums up the day... I think It turned out pretty well...

On a side note, If someone can teach me coding over the net PM me... :wink:

Nergal
2005-Mar-14, 08:50 PM

OT: I've given up trying to toseek ToSeek, and I bow to the master. :D

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-14, 09:00 PM
Dont you mean given up trying to OUTSEEK toseek? :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 09:01 PM
Even a board like this has its own slang 8)

But it doesn't go much further than "to ToSeek" and "kilopi". :)

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Mar-14, 09:10 PM

have you ever heard of a pack of weirdos? :)

PS: and woo-woos, and ole'

tofu
2005-Mar-14, 09:11 PM

It's a clutch of weirdos
A flock of woowoos
and a pack of HBs

:wink:

edit: and of course, a pride of BABBers

Nicolas
2005-Mar-14, 09:12 PM

A group of maggots, is that called a pack, herd, flock, or what? :D

Edit to add and demonstrate: That's what one calls "being ToSeeked" :).
I've got the official ToSeek scale posted somewhere, this would read out as about a .5 ToSeek experience IIRC.

Also watch out for the difference between "woo-woo" and "WOOT WOOT".

You'd rather have the latter thrown at you :).

A Thousand Pardons
2005-Mar-14, 09:13 PM
cite (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=8704&highlight=pack+weirdos&#8704) :)

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 06:58 AM
I can't belive your not banned yet(no offence).
The BA is givving you some slack.
But don't think that being a kid will give you special treatment, I've noticed you saying *but I'm just a kid* several times, you can't bail out like that.

Just settle down take a deap braeth and things should work out fine.
I got off to a rough start also-
http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=269964&highlight=opps&#269964

And Candy also, I think, and she has become the best thing that has happened to BABB.

But I straigtend out, learnt how to use the buttons, and have been happy ever since.

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 07:02 AM
Just settle down take a deap braeth and things should work out fine.
I got off to a rough start also-
http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=269964&highlight=opps&#269964

And Candy also, I think, and she has become the best thing that has happened to BABB.

But I straigtend out, learnt how to use the buttons, and have been happy ever since.
Oh, I started off being real bad. Now, I'm just bad. :D

[Edit to add - Just think in almost a year, I have met the BA and ToSeek!!!!! - so cool!!!!! I'm dying to meet Maksutov, Spacewriter, and of course a total dream - A Thousand Pardons. I want to meet HUb', but I'd need some encouragement - we talked on the phone. I wish we could all meet someday just for fun. You guys are all fabulous. Grey just made my list of BABBers to meet. There are so many more that I haven't mentioned. SeanF fasinates me. Wolverine fansinates me. Lance fasinates me. The list could go on and on.]

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 07:17 AM
I've had a few spills and warnings myself on here. I think I've toned down a bit though. Everyone makes mistakes.

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 07:24 AM
What about me. [-(

Its just an ocean... :P

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 07:30 AM
What about me. [-(

Its just an ocean... :P
If I came to Australia, I would have to meet you, Paulie Jay, and Obviousman (wasn't he Mr. Obvious). I hope you like hugs, cause you're so cute, I'd just have to hug you or at least squeeze your cheeks. :wink:

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 07:32 AM
er....

*gulp*

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 07:40 AM
er....

*gulp*

Don't act like you wouldn't enjoy it! :lol:

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 07:45 AM
er....

*gulp*

If I ever come to Canada, I'd want to meet dvb and most certainly Kristophe. 8)

[Come to think of it, I don't get out of the Midwest much, do I?] :-k

My friend, Julie is trying to plan a trip to the Bahamas next year. \:D/

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 08:02 AM
er....

*gulp*

If I ever come to Canada, I'd want to meet dvb and most certainly Kristophe. 8)

*feels special* :D

[Come to think of it, I don't get out of the Midwest much, do I?] :-k

My friend, Julie is trying to plan a trip to the Bahamas next year. \:D/

I feel your pain. I haven't even seen the ocean yet. But on any given day of the week, I can step outside, and view the largest freshwater lake. Not that it's anything spectacular. Most people find it too cold to swim in. :(

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 08:12 AM
I feel your pain. I haven't even seen the ocean yet. But on any given day of the week, I can step outside, and view the largest freshwater lake. Not that it's anything spectacular. Most people find it too cold to swim in. :(
I used to travel all the time in my 20's. Which is weird, since I had no money. I would just wing it. I'd freak my parents out all the time. It used to surprise me at the generosity of others. I'm sure glad there are good people out there in the real world, and the virtual world. :wink:

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 08:27 AM
I used to travel all the time in my 20's. Which is weird, since I had no money. I would just wing it. I'd freak my parents out all the time. It used to surprise me at the generosity of others. I'm sure glad there are good people out there in the real world, and the virtual world. :wink:

I've traveled quite a bit myself up until the age of about 20, where in the past 5 years I've pretty much stayed in one place. Been half way across the country and back several times, but never managed to make it to the coastline.

Maybe one day. :)

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 08:48 AM
I've traveled quite a bit myself up until the age of about 20, where in the past 5 years I've pretty much stayed in one place. Been half way across the country and back several times, but never managed to make it to the coastline.

I've only traveled across the States - almost hitting everyone, even Alaska. I've seen the Ocean's, and they are beautiful - it is like seeing one of the Great Lake's, though. I'd had a dream about Canada. When I was in Minnesota, and we were so close to Canada, I dreamt I walked to the border-line and stuck my foot over. Just so I could say I've been to Canada. I've never actually been outside of the USA. That will change soon, though. :D

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 09:06 AM

I've only traveled across the States - almost hitting everyone, even Alaska. I've seen the Ocean's, and they are beautiful - it is like seeing one of the Great Lake's, though. I'd had a dream about Canada. When I was in Minnesota, and we were so close to Canada, I dreamt I walked to the border-line and stuck my foot over. Just so I could say I've been to Canada. I've never actually been outside of the USA. That will change soon, though. :D

We sometimes think here about Americans (I'm generalizing) as self-centered, because (amongst other things) many of them never leave the country. What we tend to forget is that your country is slightly bigger than ours. You have travelled farther than I ever have...
I can start at home in the morning by car, go look at the sea, visit four other countries, and come home again in the evening, without too much trouble.

W.F. Tomba
2005-Mar-15, 09:17 AM
We sometimes think here about Americans (I'm generalizing) as self-centered, because (amongst other things) many of them never leave the country. What we tend to forget is that your country is slightly bigger than ours. You have travelled farther than I ever have...
I can start at home in the morning by car, go look at the sea, visit four other countries, and come home again in the evening, without too much trouble.
Plus, there are only two other countries on our continent (which is also larger than yours).

That's not to say we aren't self-centered, though! :)

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 09:19 AM
You know what's even weirder, why do we have to leave? Every Country is represented here in almost every city. I can experience true Polish, German, Indian (India), Italian, French, and Mexican cultures by just driving a few miles. If I drive a few more miles, I can experience African, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Iraqi, Iranian, Israeli, etc...

It sure is a weird culture here. The museum's are to die for! The heritage is rich, and the people are nice. Sure, you have some backward thinking people, but I don't give them much credit. They don't vote. :wink:

That's cool, Fram, what you can do in one day, though. 8)

kucharek
2005-Mar-15, 09:21 AM
Where I grew up, one could go through three countries in 10 seconds...
http://www.picswiss.ch/Basel/**-38-01.jpg

(This pylon marks the point where the Swiss, French and German borders meet)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 09:23 AM
It costs a lot of effort, time and loads of money, but in theory it is possible for me to take the train to Peking 8)

That said, I can't really think of BABBers I'd like to meet in real life.
I guess anyone who's near where I am.

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 09:28 AM
Where I grew up, one could go through three countries in 10 seconds...
http://www.picswiss.ch/Basel/**-38-01.jpg

(This pylon marks the point where the Swiss, French and German borders meet)
I better not leave out Germany. I believe my city, Schaumburg is of German founding. I'm not entirely sure, because I haven't researched it, yet. The German's aren't around so much in tradition any longer. I think that's because they have become intertwined with the US or vice versa.

[edit - German's actually could be considered one of the US's fore fathers.] 8)

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:04 AM

How close to the Minnesota/Canada border were you? It's just a 45 minute drive from here. If you feel the need for speed, it can be done in under half an hour. :D

It costs a lot of effort, time and loads of money, but in theory it is possible for me to take the train to Peking

That said, I can't really think of BABBers I'd like to meet in real life.
I guess anyone who's near where I am.

Do you mean Beijing, China?

I'm sure that you live much closer to other BABBers than I do. ;)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 10:08 AM
I meant Beijing indeed.

I live rather close to Patrick, Fram, Kucharek, the UK
/Scotland/Ireland BABBers etc (Denmark is next to the Netherlands, still it is quite a distance to travel for me). I should do the grand tour once :).

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 10:11 AM
How close to the Minnesota/Canada border were you? It's just a 45 minute drive from here. If you feel the need for speed, it can be done in under half an hour. :D Beautiful Stillwater, Minnesota. What an awesome town! Been there twice. My high school friend is from Lake Forrest (or is it Forrest Lake), Minnesota? First time, I ever heard heavy metal on the AM radio. :o

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 10:14 AM

There ya go! (http://frogesque.com/images/seals1.jpg) Instant ocean, courtesy of the www . (Actually it's a local spot on the Firth of Forth leading out to the North Sea.)

I lived in N. Ireland for a bit near to Lough Neagh and whilst large fresh water lakes have their charms they just aren't the same as a tidal coast. Salt spray, the smell of seaweed, sand dunes and rocky headlands make a much more dynamic environment.

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 10:16 AM
I meant Beijing indeed.

I live rather close to Patrick, Fram, Kucharek, the UK
/Scotland/Ireland BABBers etc (Denmark is next to the Netherlands, still it is quite a distance to travel for me). I should do the grand tour once :).

Not to rehijack this already hijacked thread, but I have been wondering for some time about this. It used to be very normal that countries and cities had different names in different languages. Nowadays, when a city or country decides that they want their name changed, everybody in the world has to follow. I can understand that if you change from Leningrad to Petersburg, you don't likeit if everyone still reminds you of the old name, but what's the difference between Peking and Beijing? Isn't it the same as the difference between Milano and Mailand? Allemagne, Germany and Deutschland? As long as it is not a difference in meaning / connotation (like Leningrad), why should we change it?
Of course we no longer call it Belgian Congo, that would be very insensitive, but Congo became Zaire and now Congo again, and I don't see why we have to follow that? Ruanda / Rwanda?
Sorry, I just wanted a soapbox I guess...

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:21 AM
Beautiful Stillwater, Minnesota. What an awesome town! Been there twice. My high school friend is from Lake Forrest (or is it Forrest Lake), Minnesota? First time, I ever heard heavy metal on the AM radio. :o

According to this (http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/MN1.htm) map, you were just north of St. Paul, which is still about an 8 hour drive from here. Duluth is about 4 hours away. Still not bad. :)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 10:23 AM
4 hours drive? That draws a circle allowing me to visit maybe 20 BABBers :lol:

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:24 AM
There ya go! (http://frogesque.com/images/seals1.jpg) Instant ocean, courtesy of the www . (Actually it's a local spot on the Firth of Forth leading out to the North Sea.)

I lived in N. Ireland for a bit near to Lough Neagh and whilst large fresh water lakes have their charms they just aren't the same as a tidal coast. Salt spray, the smell of seaweed, sand dunes and rocky headlands make a much more dynamic environment.

Absolutely stunning picture frogesque! :D

Thank you.

Cute seals too!

kucharek
2005-Mar-15, 10:30 AM
...Denmark is next to the Netherlands...

[-( [-X

Or did you just wanted to show our American pals that not only they tend to be ignorant about geography... :P

Harald

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:30 AM

You could say that most Canadian cities are very remote. :lol:

And that just goes to show you how big things are around here. The nearest city from Thunder Bay is about 700Km west from here. That will land you in Winnipeg with a population of about 650,000. Thunder Bay is only 120,000.

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 10:34 AM
Considering it took me 12 hours to get to St. Paul (from Muncie, Indiana) plus one speeding ticket, I'd say that's a pretty big area.

What is this about geography? 8-[

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 10:35 AM
Well, I happen to travel between the most dense and second most dense populated countries in the world...

From where I am now, I can see Rotterdam (population 600.000), and it takes me 30 minutes by train to go to Amsterdam (population 800.000).

And there are more big cities nearby.

Luckily, we've got countryside in between. Of course not like in Canada :).

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 10:39 AM

Well, I suppose Pete Tatum (Inverness), Bawheid (Edinburgh), EMP (Hull) and others are within a few hour's drive - in fact, anywhere on the mainland UK is within a day's drive :lol:

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:40 AM
Considering it took me 12 hours to get to St. Paul (from Muncie, Indiana) plus one speeding ticket, I'd say that's a pretty big area.

What is this about geography? 8-[

Geography was my favorite subject in school. I can't say that I can hold a candle to what others on this board know about the subject though.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 10:41 AM
You almost get across Europe in a day :).

The problem with the Isles is, well, the water :). We've got nice planes, boats and trains now, but still it's just not as straightforward (or cheap) as the mainland :). No offence though. From now on, if I go on a holiday, I'll check whether there are BABBers living nearby.

I've been a couple of times in the UK, but I didn't know the BABBers back then.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 10:45 AM
In fact, all this is on topic.

Picture this:

You're traveling cross-country with some friends, when suddenly you shout "Stop it. now." Of course your friends give you a strange, somewhat worried look. In your usual cool, you leave the car, saying "I think it's time for some serious BABBling". They see you going inside what seems a random house. The wind blew wooooooooo-woooooooooooooo. :)

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:46 AM

The problem with the Isles is, well, the water :). We've got nice planes, boats and trains now, but still it's just not as straightforward (or cheap) as the mainland :). No offence though. From now on, if I go on a holiday, I'll check whether there are BABBers living nearby.

You guys are so lucky.

I'd give my undisclosed body parts to live in Europe. :lol:

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 10:51 AM

You guys are so lucky.

Would you shave your legs? 8-[

W.F. Tomba
2005-Mar-15, 10:53 AM
Mapquest says I can drive north to Thunder Bay in 10 hours 42 minutes, or east to London, Ontario in 10 hours 30 minutes. Those seem to be the closest foreign destinations.

Of course, from where I am I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour just to reach a city of 20,000 people or more . . .

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 10:54 AM

You guys are so lucky.

Would you shave your legs? 8-[

Yes of course!

After all, I shave my head, so how hard could it be? :D

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 10:56 AM
Mapquest says I can drive north to Thunder Bay in 10 hours 42 minutes, or east to London, Ontario in 10 hours 30 minutes. Those seem to be the closest foreign destinations.

Of course, from where I am I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour just to reach a city of 20,000 people or more . . .
ROAD TRIP to see the man with girlie legs! :wink:

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:00 AM

Wow, someone actually lives close to me... kinda. ;)

The funny thing is, if I were to make the trip to London, Ontario according to mapquest, it would take me 15 and a half hours. If I made that trip without going through the US, we'd be looking more along the lines of 21-23 hours traveling along the north side of the great lakes. :o

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 11:01 AM

[-( [-X

Or did you just wanted to show our American pals that not only they tend to be ignorant about geography... :P

Harald

Och! there's just a wee bitty watter twixt the twa' (http://www.bugbog.com/maps/europe/europe_map.html) :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:02 AM
:D

Why don't we make a real-life soap of it?

Global BABBling

Maggots on the loose

A program in which different BABBlers are followed in their quest to find other BABBlers. We could plug in some debunking of course :).

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:03 AM

ROAD TRIP to see the man with girlie legs! :wink:

I didn't shave them yet. :P

Where's my plane ticket Candy? 8-[

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:06 AM

[-( [-X

Harald

Och! there's just a wee bitty watter twixt the twa' (http://www.bugbog.com/maps/europe/europe_map.html) :lol:

Indeed. And when doing a Dutch military refuel flight above the North sea, you can suddenly enter Danish airspace without having been in German airspace, so in this case it was true. Well, kind of true. :). What I meant was that they were very close to each other (but still far from Rotterdam). What I said was a bit less correct than geographical reality :). My mistake. I did know that part of geography however. I've been to Denmark in the past. And yes I did go through Germany :). Geography tends no to alter according to mistakes :).

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 11:11 AM
I don't get free tickets for myself anymore. Not after 9/11 and my company's bankruptcy. :evil: The tickets I do get for friends are almost the cost of a regular ticket with a 30 day advanced notice. I'd think this is standard for all major airlines.

W.F. Tomba
2005-Mar-15, 11:12 AM
The funny thing is, if I were to make the trip to London, Ontario according to mapquest, it would take me 15 and a half hours. If I made that trip without going through the US, we'd be looking more along the lines of 21-23 hours traveling along the north side of the great lakes. :o
Yeah, the lakes really complicate travel. I think you're actually geographically closer to London than I am. With a fast enough hovercraft, you could beat me there. :D

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the lakes really complicate travel. I think you're actually geographically closer to London than I am. With a fast enough hovercraft, you could beat me there. :D

I think I can beat you guys to London! :lol:

W.F. Tomba
2005-Mar-15, 11:19 AM
Actually, if I could take off from here, I could probably fly to one London in about the same time it takes me to drive to the other!

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 11:25 AM
I don't get free tickets for myself anymore. Not after 9/11 and my company's bankruptcy. :evil: The tickets I do get for friends are almost the cost of a regular ticket with a 30 day advanced notice. I'd think this is standard for all major airlines.
I can still fly cheap (I think I just have to pay some surcharges - I haven't flown since the new rules took effect). \:D/

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:25 AM
Actually, if I could take off from here, I could probably fly to one London in about the same time it takes me to drive to the other!

Well, At least I beat you to Ha(a)rlem!

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:26 AM

awww

That's ok. It was worth a try I suppose. :)

Yeah, the lakes really complicate travel. I think you're actually geographically closer to London than I am. With a fast enough hovercraft, you could beat me there.

I wonder how a hovercraft would hold up with the waves in Lake Superior. From what I understand, because the lakes are smaller than the ocean, the waves are more compacted and violent.

As a side note, lakers (ships) are just a bit larger than ocean liners. I'm not sure of the reason why, but I do remember learning this in school.

But I can beat you to the US border. ;)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:28 AM
But I can beat you to the US border. :wink:

You think? I'm living close to the US ambassy :D

(Besides, it doesnt count, as there is no "US Border" in Europe, while both the US and Europe have a "London" and "Ha(a)rlem")

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 11:31 AM

Harlem? Do you plan to visit Bill Clinton? I heard he has an office there. :-?

Nicolas

Harlem? Do you plan to visit Bill Clinton? I heard he has an office there. :-?

Nope, the Netherlands Haarlem! :)

dvb

(Besides, it doesnt count, as there is no "US Border" in Europe, while both the US and Europe have a "London" and "Ha(a)rlem")

If you can make it there in under half an hour, then you've got me beat. :D

W.F. Tomba
2005-Mar-15, 11:32 AM
You'd beat me to Breuckelen, too!

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:33 AM

If you can make it there in under half an hour, then you've got me beat. :D

That would be a dangerous ride :).

Tell me, you're not doing illegal things, living so close to the border?
(what am I talking about, where I used to live, I was able to go across the border on foot, which we more than once did int winter with our sleighs :))

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:35 AM

Where? 8-[

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't it be fun to just beat Nicolas? :P

IN A GOOD WAY, PEOPLE.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:37 AM
You want to beat me? Come here you woman! I'll show you some serious beating! Just don't bring your pet Sgt. Dan :lol:

What did you have in mind considering beating me in a good way?

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:39 AM

I missed this part. London is in Canada, not the US. :)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:40 AM

woops.

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 11:43 AM

woops.

No woops needed.

London, Kentucky (http://www.londonky.com/)

dvb
Wouldn't it be fun to just beat Nicolas? :P

IN A GOOD WAY, PEOPLE.

If I was Candy, I might. :lol:

Candy
You want to beat me? Come here you woman! I'll show you some serious beating! Just don't bring your pet Sgt. Dan :lol:

Sgt Dan beat me in ways tonight that I can't even imagine until I try to wake up after a good sleep. I emailed him the badastronomy.com website. He likes SciFi. 8)

I could do the same to you, Nicolas! Sgt Dan said he made one of his clients cry today. I could bring myself to do that to you. :D

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:45 AM
No woops needed.

Not the London we were talking about, but I guess it's just as correct. :)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:46 AM
8-[ How hard is it to stay monogamous when men have fantasies about what they would do to me if they were a woman? 8-[

Don't even dream about it. Only women who buy me the right music stand a chance. And you've got a tough opponent ladies! :)

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 11:47 AM
No woops needed.

I know you meant London Canada, but I couldn't let this chance slip by. It's a welcome relief from the more serious (or tedious) discussions I often get myself involved in around here :lol:

Nicolas

Sgt Dan beat me in ways tonight that I can't even imagine until I try to wake up after a good sleep. I emailed him the badastronomy.com website. He likes SciFi. 8)

I could do the same to you, Nicolas! Sgt Dan said he made one of his clients cry today. I could bring myself to do that to you. :D

No you don't. I'm sweet. (and eeeevil)

W.F. Tomba

Where? 8-[
I don't know if it's still there, but there was a place called Breuckelen in the Netherlands, after which a small North American settlement was named. The English later changed the spelling to Brooklyn.

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:48 AM
8-[ How hard is it to stay monogamous when men have fantasies about what they would do to me if they were a woman? 8-[

Don't even dream about it. Only women who buy me the right music stand a chance. And you've got a tough opponent ladies! :)

I had to look that one up. :)

I'm not Candy though, so I would have no such fantasies. ;)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:48 AM

Where? 8-[
I don't know if it's still there, but there was a place called Breuckelen in the Netherlands, after which a small North American settlement was named. The English later changed the spelling to Brooklyn.

I don't kow about a city called that today. I might be wrong, I'm not born here.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:50 AM
Majin Vegeta: maybe you can rename the topic to "The no topic thread". A safeheaven for all off topic talks on BABBling!

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 11:51 AM

Where? 8-[

I don't kow about a city called that today. I might be wrong, I'm not born here.

All I know is that the Dutch goalie (the keeper of the national soccer team) was called Van Breukelen, so the spelling seems to have changed in the Netherlands as well.
Googling learned me that it does still exist: Breukelen (http://www.breukelen.nl/).

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:51 AM

woops.

No woops needed.

Well, that woops is aimed at dvb then! :)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:52 AM

Where? 8-[

All I know is that the Dutch goalie (the keeper of the national soccer team) was called Van Breukelen, so the spelling seems to have changed in the Netherlands as well.
Googling learned me that it does still exist: Breukelen (http://www.breukelen.nl/).

OK then. Race starts in one hour! :D

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:53 AM
No woops needed.

I know you meant London Canada, but I couldn't let this chance slip by. It's a welcome relief from the more serious (or tedious) discussions I often get myself involved in around here :lol:

I agree, sometimes we need to take the seriousness out of things. I also think we derailed this thread pretty darn good. :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:54 AM
No woops needed.

I agree, sometimes we need to take the seriousness out of things. I also think we derailed this thread pretty darn good. :lol:

This thread comes as close to fission as phpBB can get!

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:01 PM

I had to look that one up. :)

I'm not Candy though, so I would have no such fantasies. ;)
OMG! :lol:

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 12:04 PM
Ok, I'm going to sleep. You should too Candy. It's way past our bedtimes. :P

Night all.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 12:05 PM

Night all.

goodnight. I'm off to the TU Delft Faculty of Aerospace Engineering. I bet I'll beat you to it! :D

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:09 PM

Night all.

goodnight. I'm off to the TU Delft Faculty of Aerospace Engineering. I bet I'll beat you to it! :D
Gut Nacht!

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 12:14 PM

Night all.

Gut Nacht!

Wrong, probably wrong, and wrong :lol:

*I don't speak German. (Well, I do, but Kucharek would die listening to me).
*It's Gute Nacht, where Gut' Nacht is allowed as well as far as I know.
*And it's noon here :)

If you want to wish me goodnight, say

"goede nacht" or "slaapwel" (you're saying nothing dirty, trust me).
This time of day "goede middag" would be better suited.

Have a good night Candy!

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:17 PM

Night all.

Gut Nacht!

Have a good night Candy!
Good night, little tiger. :D

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 12:20 PM

Night all.

Gut Nacht!

Have a good night Candy!
Good night, little tiger. :D

Wrong, wrong and wrong! :lol: :lol:

Again: it's noon, I'm a Leo hence lion, and I'm 1.86 m hence big. :)

Picking on you that much right before bedtime, that's not nice. Not nice at all. Oh well :). Goodnight!

kucharek
2005-Mar-15, 12:21 PM
Gute Nacht? Uh, the usual americacentrism :D
It's noon and the sun shines brightly and for tomorrow some 20C are announced!

But if you insist:

Gute Nacht!

[This begins to sound like the closing of a "Waltons" episode...]

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:23 PM

Picking on you that much right before bedtime, that's not nice. Not nice at all. Oh well :). Goodnight!
Me tinks Nicolas needs a whooping before bedtime. 8-[

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:27 PM
Gute Nacht? Uh, the usual americacentrism :D
It's noon and the sun shines brightly and for tomorrow some 20C are announced!

But if you insist:

Gute Nacht!

[This begins to sound like the closing of a "Waltons" episode...]
The Airbus mechanic who frequents this website as a lurker only, Thorsten, taught me almost 3 years ago the verbiage. Sorry, I don't get to use it much. Should I say Guten Morgen?

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 12:30 PM
I've never been overseas and have only left the state 5 times...
Though you can drive in a straight line for 16 hours without leaving the state.... It's hard for us to leave cause there is these oceans, so another country is the same as overseas... I would like to visit New Zealand though....

kucharek
2005-Mar-15, 12:32 PM
The Airbus mechanic who frequents this website as a lurker only, Thorsten, taught me almost 3 years ago the verbiage. Sorry, I don't get to use it much. Should I say Guten Morgen?

At this time of the day, we usually say "Mahlzeit!" :D

Harald

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 12:35 PM
This is a really Active offtopic thread isn't it 3 hours and theres 79 more posts.....
What were we supposed to be discussing...
allwell

jrkeller
2005-Mar-15, 12:38 PM
Majin,

Here's some advice for you.

In high school, I used to have an attitude a lot like you. I boast about things I was going to do to people's property. We lived out in the country so things like bashing people's mailboxes, street lights, etc is what people did. I'll even admit that I beat a few mailboxes.

We have some neighbors who most people didn't like, Horrible mother and son. Dad and older daughter were OK. Joking I told the son one day, I that I was going to smash the lights at the end of his drive. Well guess what happened? Someone else did it. Of course they blamed me even though I didn't do it. Fortunately, I was out of town on vacation with my parents, however, people still didn't believe me and it took years to lose that lable. I learned a big lesson that day and in some small way, that incident put me on a better path.

Now let's look at you. You've boasted about things you did or might do. What happens if something like that happens in your area. You're a suspect.

You should take your own advice and "Stop It. Now."

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:39 PM

Harald
He taught me some naughty words, too, :P

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 12:47 PM

Harald

At this time of day we usually say, "They're open!"

(Not so bad now but old Scotish licensing laws left a lot to be desired)

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 12:52 PM
At this time of day we usually say, "They're open!"

(Not so bad now but old Scotish licensing laws left a lot to be desired)
So what's the term one should use that goes to bed for 8 hours during daylight? Like me. I work the midnight shift, so I have to adjust my life around 'it's' hours. 8-[

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 12:58 PM
I've only changed timezone once, that was when we went to NSW its about a three hour drive, but the have daylight savings over their, so we had to add an hour... very wierd...

captain swoop
2005-Mar-15, 01:01 PM
I can get from my house near Whitby to Washington in about 90 minutes.

mickal555
2005-Mar-15, 01:05 PM
oh...
How far is that

I don't know what witby is...
Washington is near NY or somthing isn't it?

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 01:08 PM
Candy wrote:

So what's the term one should use that goes to bed for 8 hours during daylight? Like me. I work the midnight shift, so I have to adjust my life around 'it's' hours.

Most nightworkers I've known just use 'bedtime'.

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 01:16 PM
I can get from my house near Whitby to Washington in about 90 minutes.

But it takes at least three hours for a Tyke to clear customs :wink:

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 01:16 PM
Candy wrote:

So what's the term one should use that goes to bed for 8 hours during daylight? Like me. I work the midnight shift, so I have to adjust my life around 'it's' hours.

Most nightworkers I've known just use 'bedtime'.
I wish... oh, you mean 'bedtime'... doesn't sound as fun. 8-[

captain swoop
2005-Mar-15, 01:19 PM
Well, Washington is on Tyneside just south of Newcastle/Gateshead and Whitby is on the North Yorkshire coast.

Why? did you think I meant the plce in the US that the settlers from Washington named after their home town? :)

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 01:31 PM
Well, Washington is on Tyneside just south of Newcastle/Gateshead and Whitby is on the North Yorkshire coast.

Why? did you think I meant the plce in the US that the settlers from Washington named after their home town? :)
We still love you. :D

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 01:33 PM
oh...
How far is that

I don't know what witby is...
Washington is near NY or somthing isn't it?

Whitby, N.Yorkshire. Washington, Tyne and Wear. Both in the NE of England - about 65.4 miles acording to the AA route plan.

Edit: I see Capn. has already explained. I should add though that there is a border manned by armed guards to prevent Tykes (resident in Yorkshire) from fraternising with the enemy, Geordies (resident in Tyneside)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 01:39 PM

No, just a calm gentle ending of the day (in most cases).

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 01:42 PM

No, just a calm gentle ending of the day (in most cases).

Not even a soft silky whoopee cushion? :-&

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 01:43 PM

No, just a calm gentle ending of the day (in most cases). Try that thing that I hear guys do a lot!

Lance
2005-Mar-15, 01:50 PM
Try that thing that I hear guys do a lot!

Drink a beer?

http://img.lop.com/images/glp/images/smilies/beer2.gif

farmerjumperdon
2005-Mar-15, 01:53 PM
So I read the first page. Then I read the last page. Now I'm scratching my head.

Fram
2005-Mar-15, 02:02 PM
So I read the first page. Then I read the last page. Now I'm scratching my head.

This may help you. (http://inin.essortment.com/informationonl_pep.htm)

Candy
2005-Mar-15, 02:02 PM
Try that thing that I hear guys do a lot!

Drink a beer?

http://img.lop.com/images/glp/images/smilies/beer2.gif
Yeah, that's it. I said you name earlier, were your ears burning? I need some sleep for now. Glad I got to see you. :P

pghnative
2005-Mar-15, 02:06 PM
So what's the term one should use that goes to bed for 8 hours during daylight?
Newlyweds???

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 02:08 PM

Yep, it got a severe case of topic drift. :lol:

It does however prove that we really can all get along if we understand our differences and keep a sense of humour and I hope Vegeta will read it that way.

frogesque
2005-Mar-15, 02:10 PM

This may help you. (http://inin.essortment.com/informationonl_pep.htm)

=D> =D> =D> Now I want to scratch my head :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 04:01 PM

No, just a calm gentle ending of the day (in most cases). Try that thing that I hear guys do a lot!

Sleep?

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 06:32 PM
This topic is now the 'No Topic' Thread! The Safezone for everything~~LOL!

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 07:13 PM
This topic is now the 'No Topic' Thread! The Safezone for everything~~LOL!

To avoid misunderstandings, I would limit that "everything". :)

I had in mind to let this thread go it's own way considering topic: nothing predetermined. So we follow all the board rules considering content and form, only there is no topic to start with. The topic evolves along with the discussion. We've had quite some geography already. Of course this can change: we've had our part of German as well. And I've been teasingly threatened by Candy Kay :wink:.

Let's see where this thread leads to. We made a nice start for a no topic thread!

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 07:18 PM
I agree, On a side note my Blog says at the bottom "My Life's Saying - 'Just Make it until tomorrow, Ty..." (my name is ty) lol Whaddya think?

Umm, Back off topic? :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 07:32 PM
I agree, On a side note my Blog says at the bottom "My Life's Saying - 'Just Make it until tomorrow, Ty..." (my name is ty) lol Whaddya think?

Umm, Back off topic? :lol:

Maybe you should look a bit further than tomorrow. Formulate goals in your life and pursue them. Make sure you've always got goals to pursue.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 07:40 PM
I have/had tons of goals, Most are just shattered dreams but I keep my chin up! :wink:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 07:48 PM
I have/had tons of goals, Most are just shattered dreams but I keep my chin up! :wink:

You should. Keep on thinking about what you REALLy want, taking into account those things that have proven to be really impossible of course. From there, you'll find what is your current goal in life. Next start working on it.

I wanted to become a pilot. Jet fighters at first. But then my eyes turned bad (and my consciousness good). Next I was looking for transport pilot in Chinook helicopters. My eyes were at the bottom end already, so I let it go because of safety reasons. Ailrline pilot is very expensive and not recognzied as an education here. Add the fact that I got my information package at September 12th 2001, and you see why I quit that one too.
I have no money for private lessons.

Then I decided to let it go and study aerospace. The a side result is that I have piloted an aircraft myself now. It turns out that I might be able to get flying lessons as well. So finding a new goal in life gave me the surprise of getting part of my old goals in the end. Life is full of surprises. Just keep aiming at a goal, and you'll get through it as smooth as possible, no matter how many setbacks you have.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 07:55 PM
I have a few listed:

(no order)

1. Learn HTML/Javascript/C++
2. Videogame Designer
3. Web Designer
4. Website
5. Make my own type of forums
6. Do GFX
7. Make a Popular Anime
8. Make one last DBZ Movie using Funimations funding.
9. Become a Pro Skater
10. Have over 500 Members on a forum
11. Become staff on various sites

but most of all I want:

Sucess in life, I want to have lots of money so I can buy the things I desire like 100" Plasma TV, Hummer(s), A Big house... And I want to help out the sick and poor...

Gillianren
2005-Mar-15, 07:57 PM
back to an earlier (lack of) topic: I could take public transit to visit Beskeptical. and I'm pretty sure there's someone else around here somewhere from Olympia, too. (and not every Washington in America is on the East Coast!)

my goal, at least at the moment, is to hear back from the very nice secretary(?) of the attorney I'm hoping to hire for my disability case. if he'll take my case, I can then go file for my hearing. that would mean that, eighteen months from now (!), I might start getting actual money, something I haven't had in more than eighteen months.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 08:02 PM
back to an earlier (lack of) topic: I could take public transit to visit Beskeptical. and I'm pretty sure there's someone else around here somewhere from Olympia, too. (and not every Washington in America is on the East Coast!)

my goal, at least at the moment, is to hear back from the very nice secretary(?) of the attorney I'm hoping to hire for my disability case. if he'll take my case, I can then go file for my hearing. that would mean that, eighteen months from now (!), I might start getting actual money, something I haven't had in more than eighteen months.
Im sorry but.. Stupidity isn't a handicap. (kidding of coarse :wink: )

What is your disability? My dad was zapped with alot of voltage 10 years ago.. He almost died.

Grey
2005-Mar-15, 08:15 PM
Grey just made my list of BABBers to meet.
I'm flattered. :D If you're ever expecting to be in the neighborhood, let me know!

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 08:19 PM
Topic Change: TV Shows

Ever watch Walker Texas Ranger or Blue Collar TV?

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 08:20 PM
no

:)

really

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 08:23 PM
How is Your New World ORDER a Mess?! :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 08:25 PM
[Moe voice]
C'mon guys, it's a play on words. Get it? AHAHA AH ahaaooh ok never mind, thought it was funny [/Moe voice]

(the episode where Flanders builds Maude's amusement park)

W.F. Tomba
2005-Mar-15, 08:25 PM

Actually, I believe most of the Washingtons in the US are named after a fellow called George Washington. Apparently he was a somewhat important guy over here a couple hundred years ago. I'll have to look it up. :wink:

JimTKirk
2005-Mar-15, 08:31 PM

Actually, I believe most of the Washingtons in the US are named after a fellow called George Washington. Apparently he was a somewhat important guy over here a couple hundred years ago. I'll have to look it up. :wink:

I don't have to look it up.

He's the guy that built wooden teeth and made the Frisbee!
:wink:

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 08:31 PM
I'm in kentucky so you can basicly tell no-one's gonna be near me + I wouldn't meet anyone from internet! :)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 08:36 PM
I'm in kentucky so you can basicly tell no-one's gonna be near me + I wouldn't meet anyone from internet! :)

In general that's the safest policy indeed. Certainly when you're parents demand it (and for good reason!)
You never know what kind of people you're dealing with. We're being not being called maggots for no reason! :wink:

Seriously, I would be very, very cautious with inviting people you only know from the internet indeed. At this time, I'd only invite a few BABBers. I haven't met someone else on the internet that I would send my address to. Well in fact I did, but that guy needed to send me a package :).

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 08:52 PM
There are only two people who I would EVER give my Phone number to even! Dranet64 of AIM and Dranet.com/NFSupreme.com and SSJ Saiyakid of Budokai GT/AnimeSS/IFSZ =D>

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 08:53 PM
The wrong people having your phone number could be quite a pain...

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 08:58 PM
My best freind is the worst, That guy calls at midnight sometimes, We live 20 minutes away from each other and Im usually up at midnight!

Johnno
2005-Mar-15, 09:08 PM
I would be very, very cautious with inviting people you only know from the internet indeed.

Well, how else are you going to actually meet the people you talk to online, unless you live closeby and can meet somewhere public? I've hooked up with 3 people off the internet, two of them before even *speaking* with them (phone/voice chat), both times when travelling to a foreign country.

It's not that dangerous meeting people off the 'net, as long as you've known them for a while, and if you're really paranoid, meet them with friends, and arrange things so that you never have to spend too long alone with them. That is if you're really paranoid.

It's just like meeting "real" people. Anyone you ever meet on the street, at a sports event, the bar, convention, anything really, could be insane/violent or just a plain regular mean person. You won't know until you've got to know them properly, and/or gotten them drunk, and/or married them. You never know.

It's not like you're in a rush when you're going to hook up with someone from the 'net, for someone to casually talk to you for a year or two, or even longer, without ever showing their true self, they'd have to be pretty out there, and then the same thing could just as well happen in reallife.

If you're still not convinced, meet them with friends, at a public place, and have them stay at a hotel, and then hook up at the next event, instead of actually inviting them home and being social.

But hey, if you never take any chances, you might be missing out on a really good friend. One of the cornerstones of friendship is trust.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 09:12 PM
Yes, and one of the cornerstones of the internet is weird people :D .

I'm just saying that people can present them totally differnet than they are on the internet, and you'd better get to know somebody well on the tinternet before inviting them to your house.

I'm not paranoid :).

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 09:23 PM
I've met a number of people off of the internet.

The wrong people having your phone number could be quite a pain...

I agree.

Back when I was 17, my father received a phone call from some girl that started chatting with him. I guess as things went along, she asked him if he had a son or something along those lines. Next thing I know, my father comes knocking on my door, and passes me the phone. I asked him who it was, and he said "It's your girlfriend". This really had me wondering, so I assumed it was my exgirlfriend he was talking about.

So I pick up the phone, and start talking to her, but right away I realized it wasn't my former girlfriend since it didn't sound anything like her. So I started by asking her some trick questions, and before I knew it, she told me who she was. It turned out that she just picked random numbers out of the phone book, and started calling people. My father just happened to be the lucky one. So I'm talking to this girl, and she tells me that she's 17 as well, and that she's a cheerleader. This started to get me interested in the conversation, so we went on talking for a few more hours until we came to the point in the conversation where we decided that we would meet.

That was a BIG mistake! I don't think it was until a couple of days later, and a few more conversations before we actually met. When the time came, I used my fathers truck to go pick her and her friend up. I ended up getting there, and to my surprise she didn't look like what I expected to be cheerleader material, mind you her friend was a real cutie. So I'm there, and I wasn't about to just take off, so they jumped in, and we went for a ride around town for about an hour. In the end I dropped them off back at the one girl's house.

When I get home I get a phone call from the girl, and we start to chat. She tells me that she likes me, and that she wants to do all kinds of things to me.... Yadda yadda. I told her I was more interested in her friend. So they're continually passing the phone back and forth between them, and in the end I tell them that I have to get going. So the conversation ends, well for the time being as it was.

Next thing I know I get another phone call from this girl, and when we were finnished talking and finally hang up, she phones back again, and again. And this goes on for the next 2 weeks! After a while, I think she noticed that I wasn't too interested in talking, and I didn't exactly want to be rude and tell them to get lost. So she tells me if I don't want to talk to her, just say so. So I did! And she says something along the lines of "Ok, fine". But did that stop her from phoning me back 2 minutes later? NOPE!

Luckily, my father and I were in the process of moving to Winnipeg. The first phone call that she made to me was about 2 weeks previous to us leaving. So I felt very fortunate to get away from that mess!

Johnno
2005-Mar-15, 09:30 PM
Yes, and one of the cornerstones of the internet is weird people

Depends where you go to meet people online Nicolas. But sure, if you go into a random chat room and just ask someone completely random if they wanna come over, chances are they'll be weird in some way. Also depends on how you define weird. How *do* you define weird Nicolas?

People are people. You'll pass the same people on the street without thinking twice about them being weird. It's not until you get to listen to their inner most secrets or thoughts that you decide they're weird. If you actually talked to as many people in reallife as you do online, about the same amount of different subjects, you'd realize people are weird. Not just people online, but people in general.

I'm just saying that people can present them totally differnet than they are on the internet, and you'd better get to know somebody well on the tinternet before inviting them to your house.

Some people do present themselves differently online, but out there, in the real world, people present themselves differently as well, they hide things, lie, etc.

It really depends what kind of friends you're looking for Nicolas, what kind of personalities and charasteristics. You'll find all types online, but with just text you won't often be able to tell the difference. That's where voice chat comes in. I remember how shy I was about actually speaking with people over the internet when I started with voice chat two and a half years back, but after a while you get used to talking, I was really shy in reallife as well, barely talked to anyone about anything, now I can talk about most things easily.

There's no need to be more afraid of meeting people from the 'net than meeting people in reallife, after all, we're all people, you just have to know how to handle people, what warning signs to listen/look for, and so on.

But as I said, get to know them, meet in public places, and then invite them to your house.

Personally I just invite them to my house straight away, I feel the need to live on the edge! :P

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 09:34 PM
I think my words sounded more serious or heavy than what I meant.

I just meant that there are some (not ALL) weird people hanging out at some places on the internet. Just like there are in real life indeed.

Therefor I can understand that parents use the general rule not to meet people you only know from the internet (especially because normally the parent's don't know them at all).

Again, I'm not a paranoid person. Some people I only know from the internet (like some BABBers) I would love to meet in person.

Johnno
2005-Mar-15, 09:40 PM
Therefor I can understand that parents use the general rule not to meet people you only know from the internet (especially because normally the parent's don't know them at all).

I was just saying in general, but that's true for kids, it's just like talking to strangers I guess. It's just one of those things you teach your kids.

But I mean if kids are meeting kids it should be ok, back when I was young (like uh 10 years ago), we'd be playing on the street with kids we'd never seen before, that's how you get friends. If you just stick to kids at school and sports or whatever you'll barely have any friends at all. Of course it depends on how many friends you want/need. Some kids are happy with just a handful, others want more.

Again, I'm not a paranoid person.

Remember Nicolas, repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true. ;)

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 09:44 PM
The reason why kids can't meet people online is because they could be fakers, If you see a kid down the street, go meet em, If theres a hot girl on the net, Dont give personal info. :)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 09:47 PM
The reason why kids can't meet people online is because they could be fakers, If you see a kid down the street, go meet em, If theres a hot girl on the net, Dont give personal info. :)

Especially not if "her" screen name is HoT_GIrL :D

Johnno
2005-Mar-15, 09:51 PM
The reason why kids can't meet people online is because they could be fakers, If you see a kid down the street, go meet em, If theres a hot girl on the net, Dont give personal info.

The thing you're missing, Majin, is that if kids follow the "rules" (guidelines for parents to teach their kids as rules), they'll be fine. First off they should tell their parents about the people they talk to online (if they wanna meet em that is), parents should talk to their kids about what they do/talk about online. And in the end, depending of course on how old the kid is, the parents, or older siblings could go along for the meeting. In a public place, in daylight... or whatever.

As for the hot girl, depends how long you talk to her, how well you get to know her, etc. If she sends her picture during your first chat, forget about it. But if you talk for a year or two, then get a picture, have her get a webcam and mic and do a live 'net conference... then you'll know who you're really talking to.

But that's overcomplicating things. Should just keep it simple. But hey, depends how paranoid you are, how afraid you are of something actually happening, and so on. As I said, you could be missing out on the best friend ever.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 09:52 PM

I was just saying in general, but that's true for kids, it's just like talking to strangers I guess. It's just one of those things you teach your kids.

But I mean if kids are meeting kids it should be ok, back when I was young (like uh 10 years ago), we'd be playing on the street with kids we'd never seen before, that's how you get friends. If you just stick to kids at school and sports or whatever you'll barely have any friends at all. Of course it depends on how many friends you want/need. Some kids are happy with just a handful, others want more.

Again, I'm not a paranoid person.

Remember Nicolas, repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true. ;)

I had the parental thing in mind indeed. I wasn't very clear in my saying :). As an adult, it is hard enough to know who can be trusted on the internet, therefor I see why parents often use this rule with their kids.
And I used to play with kids I'd never seen before as well. At least on the street, you can see for yourself isf she really is a HoT_GIrL. And if he's not, you can quickly go inside :D .

And I'm not paranoid!!! Everyone's saying so, but that's becasue they want to frame me. They're after me. They're everywhere! Nobody is to be trusted!! They've got the gov on their side. Somebody please help me! I can't trust nobody. Stay away!! They're all paranoid!! They're afraid!! They'll do something to me!! :lol: :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 10:23 PM
BTW "Newton" (Isaac, I presume) just send me a mail. As the topic used a variant of the subspecies name for a certain human ancestor, I deleted the mail before opening it however.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 10:56 PM
What?

Dude, I think it's easier for kids to know whos evil or good on the net, Well most anyways...

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:01 PM
What?

Dude, I think it's easier for kids to know whos evil or good on the net, Well most anyways...

This can be correct when your parents have little or no experience on the net indeed. But when internet experience is equal or even bigger (as becomes the case these days), the added life experience and maturity might be a very good help when judging things.

For one thing, you're looking more rational at what HoT_GIrL has to say when you're no longer looking for a girlfriend.

I don't mean "kids are stupid" but I personally learned that with life experience comes a better capability of judging things. I've been a kid too. Part of me stays a kid.

PS I'm no "dude".

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 11:07 PM
What are you then? A dudette? :o

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:22 PM
No. I'm Nicolas.

I'm not a dude, nor a homey, partner, chap, pal, mate, or anything else. As I don't know how exactly I should interpret the use of those words in a post, I prefer that people call me using my name. Of course, when fooling around other things are allowed. IIRC I called Candy "woman" myself today, but that wasn't serious (she's really a woman though as far as I know :)).

It's just that I can't know whether you meant "you arrogant little guy" or "my dear friend" or anything in between with "dude". That's why I prefer that people don't use these terms in a text board, where lots of conversational information gets lost in the message.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 11:26 PM
Well... DUDE, Just don't think about what it means, Flo with it my man. :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:34 PM
Problem: I do think...

And my wife won't laugh at other people referring to me as "my man" :D

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:34 PM

You have a wife? :o

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:43 PM

You have a wife? :o

The government will answer "no". (this is not a conspiracy claim :D ).

As I've been very closely togehter with the same woman for the past two and a half years, without looking for (or dating) other people, without feeling that need, with a strong anticipation of finding ourselves a place to live together(which wasn't possible untill now due to practical reasons), I do believe my current relationship is much closer to husband&wife than to "just a couple dating". In fact we haven't had a true date together in like a year or longer. We try to live together (daily life, not just a cinema visit or things like that )everytime we can (which is rather hard considering all the traveling between Belgium and the Netherlands and internally in both countries).

I've kind of had it with this LAT relationship (which we didn't actively chose, but which is reality due to circumstances); I'm really looking forward to being together whenever we want or don't want :).

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 11:47 PM
Who else thinks this topic is really interesting?!

Nicolas
2005-Mar-15, 11:49 PM
Who else thinks this topic is really interesting?!

Topic??? If there's a lack of anything in this thread, than it's a topic! :lol:

Strange observation: the more topics one has, the less topic there is... 8-[

dvb
2005-Mar-15, 11:56 PM
The government will answer "no". (this is not a conspiracy claim :D ).

As I've been very closely togehter with the same woman for the past two and a half years, without looking for (or dating) other people, without feeling that need, with a strong anticipation of finding ourselves a place to live together(which wasn't possible untill now due to practical reasons), I do believe my current relationship is much closer to husband&wife than to "just a couple dating". In fact we haven't had a true date together in like a year or longer. We try to live together (daily life, not just a cinema visit or things like that )everytime we can (which is rather hard considering all the traveling between Belgium and the Netherlands and internally in both countries).

I've kind of had it with this LAT relationship (which we didn't actively chose, but which is reality due to circumstances); I'm really looking forward to being together whenever we want or don't want :).

You better inform Candy of this other relationship that you claim to have. [-(

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-15, 11:58 PM
This is my biggest (anti?) topic ever! I wub BABB... Do you?

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:06 AM
You better inform Candy of this other relationship that you claim to have.

I'm being very fair with my wife. She knows just as well as everyone else here that I'm plainly irresistible. Candy's no more than any other woman, don't expect her to do things beyond her power. I try to calm her down, but to no avail.

Jah.. :D

Hear me :roll:. Seriously though. I do have female friends, and in the week me and my s.o. have little to no control on what we're doing as we're not together, but I'm very serious about our relationship. About Candy: she's the flirty type, she likes to fool around, we're both on the final weeks of our Bachelor Education, but I really see nothing more into it than an internet friendship. I hope (and assume) so does she. While she's good company on a board like this, I do believe I and Candy really would NEVER fit as a couple (not that I anticipate anything like that). She'd need her Sgt Dan more than once! :D Me and my s.o. feel like such a good fit now; that's why we want to develop our relationship into living together somewhere in the (near) future, to see whether we're really the "perfect" fit.

BTW Candy knows about this "really big arm" I'm dating (see the picture of yourself thread). :D

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 12:10 AM
Really big.... Oh, Thats sick! You sicko! Kidding... Can this topic be called a topic since theres no topic to this topicless topic?

dvb
2005-Mar-16, 12:12 AM
BTW Candy knows about this "really big arm" I'm dating (see the picture of yourself thread). :D

Yes, I'm well aware of this alleged arm that you are dating. ;)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:12 AM
Really big.... Oh, Thats sick! You sicko! Kidding... Can this topic be called a topic since theres no topic to this topicless topic?

It was rather funny Candy called it a "really big arm" as my s.o.'s arms are not quite"really big" :).

Call this a "thread". Saves a lot of headaches.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 12:13 AM
I'm not! Please... Please.. Tell me hes not talking about what I think he is.... Link me to the post please.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:16 AM
I just posted some pictures of myself, and on the edge of 2 of them you could see my s.o.'s shoulder/arm. That's why Candy joked that I was just having an arm instead of a complete woman next to me.

I don't have the time to look it up now. Search for "really big arm" by "Candy" in the "post a picture of youself thread". There's little more there than what I told you here though.

Disclaimer: those pictures aren't too recent :)

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 12:23 AM
I don't really care. But I do wanna see you lol I can't belive this anti-topic is so big! :lol:

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:23 AM
there's a lot people can say about nothing (oh the irony of those words).

If you want to see BABBers, there's the post a picture of yourself thread in BABBLing, and the attached BABB photo album.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 12:27 AM
I can't find the topic, Where is it?

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:30 AM
http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=427783&#427783

I scrolled to the first post where I posted pics of myself. read through this and the next page, and you'll find the "big arm" conversation.

You could find the thread by just searching for "post a picture of yourself thread". Scrolling down in the results gave the thread in the first page already (preceding hits were mainly this thread :)).

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 12:36 AM
:o :o :o Not what I expected. I expected a dorky looking 40 year old with grey hair and a gf who was around 70 :o Dont ask why. :lol:

Captain Kidd
2005-Mar-16, 12:38 AM
:o :o :o Not what I expected. I expected a dorky looking 40 year old with grey hair and a gf who was around 70 :o Dont ask why. :lol:

Err, go look at my picture fast before whatever whacked out image of me you have sets like concrete. ;)

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:39 AM

quite wrong :lol:

She's got quite some time to go before she's 70! And I before I'm 40. Looking dorky probably will take less time. Grey hair is less likely than becoming bald in my case.

btw she took the one picture she's not partially on :)

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 12:49 AM

Err, go look at my picture fast before whatever whacked out image of me you have sets like concrete. ;)

Can't find yours, But I have an Image of a 12 year old boy with an eye patch, hook hand, weird clothes, pirate ship style room, two earrings, Parrot named patchy and a sign out side your door that says poop deck lol

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:52 AM
During a rather dull hour, we theorized that parrots tend to pick out human eyes, as can be seen by the number of pirates which lost an eye. They all have a parrot next to their head, don't they? 8-[

Captain Kidd
2005-Mar-16, 12:56 AM
Can't find yours, But I have an Image of a 12 year old boy with an eye patch, hook hand, weird clothes, pirate ship style room, two earrings, Parrot named patchy and a sign out side your door that says poop deck lol

Close except for the age, hook hand, eye patch, and clothing. ;)

I'm on the last page. (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=432203&#432203)

During a rather dull hour, we theorized that parrots tend to pick out human eyes, as can be seen by the number of pirates which lost an eye. They all have a parrot next to their head, don't they? 8-[

No no, the eye patches tend to happen after getting the hook and they attempt to wipe away sea spray.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 12:59 AM
We had a theory about hte hook as well, but I fogot. Rock solid theory, that is :D .

I thought it had to do with not seeing what they were doing after getting their eye picked out or something like that :).

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 01:00 AM
We had a theory about hte hook as well, but I fogot. Rock solid theory, that is :D .

I thought it had to do with not seeing what they were doing after getting their eye picked out or something like that :).

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 01:17 AM
My reason pirates have one eye is because they forget they have a hook for a hand and reach up to get the contact out and... Well I think you know the rest. :lol:

Captain Kidd
2005-Mar-16, 01:26 AM
Actually the joke goes like this:

A shipping company was needing a captain for one of their ships. The owner was interviewing candidates and in walked this guy with an eye patch, hook hand, and peg leg.

'Wow,' the owner thought, 'this guy must be an expert with so many injuries.'

So he procedes to interview the guy and starts with his injuries.

'So, sir. How did you get the peg leg?'

'Well,' answered the sailor, 'I was involved in fierce ship-to-ship combat and a cannon ball took it right off.'

'Wow! So you have ship-to-ship experience, good! What happened to your hand?'

'Well, in another battle, we were fighting off boarders and one cut my hand off with his sword. So I have this here hook.'

'Wow, so you have deck combat experience too! I think your hired. What happened to your eye? a splinter from a mast hit by a cannon ball? Did a shark bite it out? What?'

'No, no. It was a nice calm day at the docks. I was walking along looking up at the clouds and a seagull pooped in my eye. Unfortunately it was the first day with the hook.'

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 01:37 AM
Seagulls, Bags of poop with wings... I just made 1,000 Posts on IFP.

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 01:38 AM
And what about the evil parrots? 8-[

Nice story Captain Kidd =D>

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 01:44 AM
Not evil, Just parrots with attitude, Like Tubby Smith (coach of university of kentucky)

dvb
2005-Mar-16, 01:50 AM
Not evil, Just parrots with attitude, Like Tubby Smith (coach of university of kentucky)

I always wondered what it would be like to eat KFC in Kentucky. Or KFP, in the case of parrots. :)

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 01:53 AM

I always wondered what it would be like to eat KFC in Kentucky. Or KFP, in the case of parrots. :)
Well, Offers never expire, Like popcorn chicken went away in the other states for a whil but we had popcorn chicken and still do lol ; It's pretty cool

dvb
2005-Mar-16, 01:56 AM

Well, Offers never expire, Like popcorn chicken went away in the other states for a whil but we had popcorn chicken and still do lol ; It's pretty cool

mmmm, popcorn chicken is GOOD! :D

Have you ever tried perogies?

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 02:00 AM
Perogies? No, what the heck is that?! Have you had 'Dippin Strips' from Pizza Hut? :)

dvb
2005-Mar-16, 02:03 AM
mashed potatoes and cheese mixed together, in a soft pie like bitesized shell. They're usually fried or boiled, and mixed with bacon and onion, and are to die for!

Can't say I've tried dippin strips though, but they do sound good.

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 02:09 AM
Pizza Hut's Dippin Strips are pizza with ranch, garlic, and maranara sauce! Yummie! Whats your favorite movie? I like 'Little Nicky' Cast are as follows:

Nicky: Adam Sandler
2 Satanists: The Gay Couple from 'Big Daddy'
Nicky's Mom: The sexxy woman from the 60's in Austin Powers 1
The 'You Can du et' guy from 'Waterboy' as himself
Ozzie Osborne as Himself
Chubbs from 'Happy Gilmore' as Himself

^ Good cast eh?

dvb
2005-Mar-16, 02:18 AM
My favorite movie right now, really isn't a movie, but a 10 hour miniseries. The series known as Band of Brothers directed by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. 10 parts, and 600 minutes long. :D

Majin Vegeta
2005-Mar-16, 02:32 AM
Okey, My favorite Mini-Series was the Animatrix

SKY
2005-Mar-16, 03:45 AM
My favorite TV show right now is "The Ultimate Fighter" on Spike TV. 8-[

mickal555
2005-Mar-16, 05:21 AM
Check here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/babbalbum/album?.dir=7fff) for all the Photo's...
I'm there too...
What were you thinking I might have looked like?

Nicolas
2005-Mar-16, 09:24 AM
Oh I see it is updated with my most recent photo 8) . (which is about 9 months old :) )