PDA

View Full Version : In-Finite

LTSCOTT
2018-Jul-16, 05:58 AM
I feel compelled to say, "I agree with the theory regarding Black Hole Singularity." In that it's infinitely small. Regardless if it can or cannott be quantified. Without any need for mathematics, understanding infinitely small can be understood with a Bumblebee Stinger. Surely a Bumblebee's Stinger when compared to our Spiral Galaxy is thought to be closely in size to the average black hole singularity..... Or maybe the tiny hairs on the Bee's stinger. One thing is for certain, "That bee sting is as real as the nerve that had the unfortunate luck of knowing that (stuff)."

Jim
2018-Jul-16, 11:50 AM
LTSCOTT, welcome to the Forum. Please familiarize yourself with our Rules for Posting (link in my sig), especially Rule 3 Language. I have edited your post accordingly. (Our software will replace some words with asterisks because the words are not allowed. If you choose to make such a substitution before posting, you are admitting the word is - at best - iffy.)

Cougar
2018-Jul-16, 12:24 PM
....Surely a Bumblebee's Stinger when compared to our Spiral Galaxy is thought to be closely in size to the average black hole singularity.....

Welcome to the boards, LT!

The "average black hole singularity" does not have a "size." Since you seem to like analogies, does division by zero result in a size?

cosmocrazy
2018-Jul-16, 12:27 PM
I feel compelled to say, "I agree with the theory regarding Black Hole Singularity." In that it's infinitely small. Regardless if it can or cannott be quantified. Without any need for mathematics, understanding infinitely small can be understood with a Bumblebee Stinger. Surely a Bumblebee's Stinger when compared to our Spiral Galaxy is thought to be closely in size to the average black hole singularity..... Or maybe the tiny hairs on the Bee's stinger. One thing is for certain, "That bee sting is as real as the nerve that had the unfortunate luck of knowing that (stuff)."
Hi and welcome,

There is no comparison, a bee's stinger or hair even a hair on the bee is trillions of times greater in magnitude than quarks & gluons (particles that make up protons and neutrons inside an atom). A singularity is a mathematical concept rather than physical, in that physically a true singularity may not be able to exist. We don't know what physical form resides at the centre of a black hole, if any at all. But if it is something infinitesimally small, then it will be immeasurably smaller than even a quark or gluon.