PDA

View Full Version : GO PANTHERS!!

ChesleyFan
2005-Mar-17, 08:42 PM
I was lucky enough not to have classes today and watched the entire UW-Milwaukee v. Alabama game. Pearl's Panthers owned that game, going so far as to have a 17-point lead in the middle of the first. I've never been much for basketball, but MAN, was that a great game!

Right now it looks like we're going to face Bruce Pearl's alma mater, Boston College. Should be a good game... unfortunately, I'll miss that one 'cuz of work. :(

Maksutov
2005-Mar-19, 08:32 AM
I was lucky enough not to have classes today and watched the entire UW-Milwaukee v. Alabama game. Pearl's Panthers owned that game, going so far as to have a 17-point lead in the middle of the first. I've never been much for basketball, but MAN, was that a great game!

Right now it looks like we're going to face Bruce Pearl's alma mater, Boston College. Should be a good game... unfortunately, I'll miss that one 'cuz of work. :(
Congratulations! Good luck Saturday versus Boston College. Hope you whup those Big East turncoats.

One wonders how well Boston College will do in the ACC next year, where they won't be able to understand most of what the other teams are saying, and vice versa.

Meanwhile, Hike! UConn Huskies!

ChesleyFan
2005-Mar-20, 05:11 AM
Ooh, I feel good.

At about seven o'clock my coworker Bob and I started walking around the store, running down customers and asking if they knew who won the game. We had another coworker who was tending the service desk use the phone to call her friends to see if they knew.

FINALLY, I ran across a nice lady who told me we WON. At about the same time a group of guys walked into the store, saw my UWM shirt, and began hollering. I walked back to Bob, told him the news, and a nearby customer and both of us exchanged high fives.

Best day I've had at work in a while.

Now we play Illinois on Thursday, I'm off work (and it's SPRING BREAK), and I'm going to try to get a bunch of friends together at the Gasthaus (UWM's on-site restaurant/bar) for the game.

Should be sweet (16).

Donnie B.
2005-Mar-20, 02:51 PM
:cry:

Well, congratulations, anyhow. I guess we New Englanders have to let the rest of the country have a chance to win at something.

:wink: