PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Zone's new music

Gullible Jones
2005-Mar-20, 02:19 AM
You guys all remember the old music for The Twilight Zone, don't you? Absolutely classic.

Well, why the heck does the stinky new version of the show have to add insult to injury by replacing the old music with something reminiscent of radio static? :o

Lycus
2005-Mar-20, 02:24 AM
Heh, I forgot that there was a new version.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Mar-20, 02:25 AM
There's a new version?

Wait, there's a new show?!?

toolazytotypemyname
2005-Mar-24, 01:02 AM
which old music do you mean?

from the original show, or the original music from the new show?

It seemed like the new show started out with similar music to the original show. Even the music from the 1980's that was done by the Grateful Dead was good.

Now, the new music for the new show by Korn just doesn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Korn's music and most of their covers are pretty good, but they made too Korn-sounding and not enough Twilight Zone sounding.

By the way, somewhat off-topic, the show from the '80s is very under-rated in my opinion. There were some really good stories, on it. Some of the few that I remember were: Dealer's Choice, Small Talent for War, and the one with the Button-Unit (can't remember the title). Much better than the new show. This new show just has more famous guest stars.

Van Rijn
2005-Mar-24, 01:42 AM
There's a new version?

Wait, there's a new show?!?

Yes, is there a new one? There was one a few years ago:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-9534/

which I thought had long since been cancelled (and I wasn't impressed).

There was also one in the 80s:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-1702/

which was okay, but didn't match the original.

Inferno
2005-Mar-30, 04:06 AM
You can't change the theme song! It's an iconic part of the show!

Haven't seen the new one. The 80s show was ok at times. The problem was for every one good show, they'd have 5 awful ones.

The Bear
2005-Mar-30, 05:48 PM
Maybe you're talking about the New Twilight Zone that was on UPN a couple years back. It recently came out on DVD (February eighth). I think that's the one with the bad remix of the Twilight Zone theme. (I always thought Jerry Goldsmith did the best "new" version for the movie in the 1980s.)