PDA

View Full Version : Zelda

Silent Knight
2005-Mar-21, 02:10 AM
Yesterday I was playing the original Zelda on my cousin's Gameboy Advanced. I was doing quest 1 and I made it to level 9 without dying. I was finally killed for the first time by a bat in a tunnel. I had some close calls. I had to get out of level 6 and 8 with 1/2 a heart and was trying to get out of 9 with half a heart. My cousin had 4 hearts after 13 turns and I wanted to show him I could get further than him in one turn.

Crazieman
2005-Mar-21, 02:22 AM
uhh... yeah

Links awakening is fun, but what sparked this post? :)

BAroxMysox
2005-Mar-21, 02:27 AM
The Legend of Zelda is good enough for a random post.

Kristophe
2005-Mar-21, 02:48 AM
Here, here. Has anyone else seen the latest trailer for the new game?
*drools*

Iris
2005-Mar-21, 03:13 AM
I did see the two trailers... Oh boy, it finally seems they're entering a creepier, more adult age. OOT was a start, but it still wasn't mature enough for me!

I just... can't wait for the game. :D Zelda are the best games EVER!

Andromeda321
2005-Mar-21, 03:37 AM
I think one of the most fun things my brother and I recall is when he got Ocaria of Time back in the day for N64. He was really into the actual violence but I was pretty good at the puzzles, so between the two of us we were quite awesome I daresay! I'd send him on random quests to get magic beans and such with him wondering if it was ever going to be worth it only to discover later it was... 8)
Then he got an XBox and now plays Halo all the time instead. Sigh, I miss the old days.

Lycus
2005-Mar-21, 04:10 AM
Here, here. Has anyone else seen the latest trailer for the new game?
*drools*
Ahh, you can have your fancy shmancy new-fangled games. A Link to the Past is and will always be the king of the franchise. :)

Iris
2005-Mar-21, 08:59 PM
Link to the Past IS good, very good in fact, but I can't decide if I prefer LTTP or OOT. They are both my favorites. And I can't stand Majora's Mask. :-?

Anyone played OOT Master Quest? I wish they would have modified the dungeons literally, but I loved the changes. Made it a bit trickier!

Lycus
2005-Mar-21, 09:21 PM
Link to the Past IS good, very good in fact, but I can't decide if I prefer LTTP or OOT. They are both my favorites. And I can't stand Majora's Mask. :-?

I personally think that the Ocarina of Time represented a lot of spoiled potential. I came away with a list of problems that I had with the game that are probably way too geeky to go into. :)

Doodler
2005-Mar-21, 09:30 PM
Yesterday I was playing the original Zelda on my cousin's Gameboy Advanced. I was doing quest 1 and I made it to level 9 without dying. I was finally killed for the first time by a bat in a tunnel. I had some close calls. I had to get out of level 6 and 8 with 1/2 a heart and was trying to get out of 9 with half a heart. My cousin had 4 hearts after 13 turns and I wanted to show him I could get further than him in one turn.

Heh, I don't believe it, the original NES is old enough to have become the lost dynasty. The original Zelda was much older than the Gameboy Advanced, SK. I remember that bad boy on the ol' gray box when it was a gold foil covered plastic cartridge that was the first home console game to feature the ability to save your progress when you turned it off.

My God, is it possible that the Nintendo generation might actually be old enough to take up the mantle as the Information Age's first codgers already? :)

Iris
2005-Mar-21, 09:42 PM
Heh, I don't believe it, the original NES is old enough to have become the lost dynasty. The original Zelda was much older than the Gameboy Advanced, SK. I remember that bad boy on the ol' gray box when it was a gold foil covered plastic cartridge that was the first home console game to feature the ability to save your progress when you turned it off.

My God, is it possible that the Nintendo generation might actually be old enough to take up the mantle as the Information Age's first codgers already? :)

Don't you know? Nintendo re-released Zelda 1 and 2 on gameboy advance, along with some other oldies like Donkey Kong, Mario Bros 1 (The original graphics one that is), Ice climbers...

Doodler
2005-Mar-21, 09:57 PM

Don't you know? Nintendo re-released Zelda 1 and 2 on gameboy advance, along with some other oldies like Donkey Kong, Mario Bros 1 (The original graphics one that is), Ice climbers...

To be honest, no I had not. I haven't played console games in ages. Good to hear there's still life in the classics, though. :)