PDA

View Full Version : 10.5 vs. Spring Break Shark Attack

gethen
2005-Mar-21, 02:52 PM
Did anyone catch either of these t.v. movies last night? I thought it was an incredible silly movie conjunction, both movies being shown at the same time on two different networks. I didn't see any of the shark movie, but the previews featuring scantily clad college kids on a boat being attacked by a flotilla of sharks was hilarious. I saw about 20 minutes of 10.5, just enough to see that they were going to use the obligatory nuclear weapons to attempt to "fuse" the San Andreas Fault, and that the special effects were pretty bad. Anyone else?

(Did a search on this, hope I haven't been ToSeeked.)

Lance
2005-Mar-21, 03:02 PM
I saw 10.5 when it first aired on NBC (last fall?) and watched Spring Break Shark Attack last night. Neither has made my Best Movies of All Time list but I don't think either was terrible either. Just your typical low budget made for TV movie.

I will admit though, some of the scenes in SBSA that were supposed to be dramatic, I found to be humerous instead. Just bad science. That was probably the case in 10.5 as well, but I don't remember.

SKY
2005-Mar-21, 07:48 PM
The part that sticks out in my mind from 10.5 was when the train was chugging along on the tracks and a fissure opens up behind it. The crack then follows directly behind the train, even when the train makes numerous turns on the tracks, the crack follows right behind it!!!. That darn fissure was purposely out to get the train and wasn't going to let reality get in the way. :lol:

gethen
2005-Mar-21, 10:18 PM
My attention was on how large sections of land were falling into the spreading sea in perfect cube shaped chunks. Amazing.

SKY
2005-Mar-22, 02:15 AM
My attention was on how large sections of land were falling into the spreading sea in perfect cube shaped chunks. Amazing.

I missed that part. I only saw the first episode when it aired in the fall. I didn't bother with the second episode.