this needs to be said

to the best engineer Star Fleet ever had

We love you Scotty!

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Mar-30, 08:35 PM
Och Aye the noo!

Superluminal
2005-Mar-30, 11:07 PM
Interesting to note that Neil Armstrong made one of his rare public appearances and made the keynote speech.

Spacewriter
2005-Mar-31, 12:43 AM
Och Aye the noo!

Aye -- I ken Scotty wiss ra first engineerin' Scot I ever met!

kucharek
2005-Mar-31, 05:48 AM
Interesting to note that Neil Armstrong made one of his rare public appearances and made the keynote speech.
Armstrong always considered himself an engineer.

aurora
2005-Mar-31, 06:34 PM
Doohan once visited the engineering school I was attending, long ago. It was great. Even though he was an actor, not an engineer, he had it all down just right.

For example, if the Captain would just give the engineers the time to actually fix things correctly, things wouldn't always be in crisis!

It is... green.

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Mar-31, 10:02 PM

As a matter of interest, Armstrong was invited to Scotland to be made a Freeman of Langham, the seat of the Armstrong clan.

He was more nervous making his speech than he seemed to be making his one small step!

kucharek
2005-Apr-01, 08:21 AM

As a matter of interest, Armstrong was invited to Scotland to be made a Freeman of Langham, the seat of the Armstrong clan.

He was more nervous making his speech than he seemed to be making his one small step!

He seems to be a shy guy and when you forget the tv audience, the moon is a pretty private place, so he may have felt pretty comfortable there.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj.adel.gif

mythrealwriter
2005-Apr-01, 11:30 PM
GO SCOTTY!

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Apr-02, 09:51 PM
Captain Kirk never actually said "Beam me up, Scotty,"

did he, same as James Cagney never said "You dirty rat," and wassername never said "Play it again, Sam."

SeanF
2005-Apr-03, 10:37 PM

did he, same as James Cagney never said "You dirty rat," and wassername never said "Play it again, Sam."
What's his name never said, "Play it again, Sam."

What's her name never said, "Come up and see me sometime."

:D

Sigma_Orionis
2005-Apr-04, 01:05 PM

What's his name never said, "Play it again, Sam."

What's her name never said, "Come up and see me sometime."

:D

And what's his name never said "Elementary my dear Watson" :D