PDA

View Full Version : Hitch Hikers Guide movie- trailer looks lame

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Apr-22, 10:49 AM
doesn't look promising...

Captain Kidd
2005-Apr-22, 11:10 AM
Which one did you see? We rather enjoyed the internet trailer (extended version of the British trailer I think) making fun of trailers.

Fram
2005-Apr-22, 11:25 AM
This is discussed in the Bad TV section already.

Normandy6644
2005-Apr-22, 12:33 PM
Which one did you see? We rather enjoyed the internet trailer (extended version of the British trailer I think) making fun of trailers.

Yeah, I saw that one and thought it was fantastic.

Matherly
2005-Apr-22, 03:22 PM
At this risk of being a "Me Too"ing git...

The trailer that had the Guide entry for 'Movie Trailers' was amazingly funny! Admitedly the T.V. spots I've seen since then were ho-hum, but I'm still gonna be there on opening night!

Probibly just another case of marketers having no clue what to do with a movie (remeber the abysmal trailers for the Iron Giant?).

paulie jay
2005-Apr-23, 06:49 AM
I think that trailer looks fine. Don't forget when you go to see the movie that Douglas Adams continually refined the story up until his death. If you are expecting a word for word movie version of the book or radio script then you are going to be disappointed.

John M. Dollan
2005-Apr-23, 08:39 AM
I think that trailer looks fine. Don't forget when you go to see the movie that Douglas Adams continually refined the story up until his death. If you are expecting a word for word movie version of the book or radio script then you are going to be disappointed.

Especially considering that such a thing is nearly logistically impossible, and certainly economically impossible.

...John...

Antilles
2005-Apr-23, 10:38 AM
I understand that the movie might diverge somewhat from the book.....but as a huge fan of DA, I really hope they don't go TOO far afield.

The trailer I've seen looked promising.

Kristophe
2005-Apr-23, 06:42 PM
Having not yet read the books, I'm looking forward to the movie. I had planned on reading the books until I heard the movie was in production, and decided to wait until after I saw the film. I've found in the past that this way, you're never disappointed by motion picture, and always amazed with the book.