PDA

View Full Version : New handheld - Palm or Pocketpc

frenat
2005-Apr-24, 08:56 PM
I currently own a Tungsten T3. I've had it less than two years and for some reason today a weird problem started. When trying to drawa smooth line in the notepad application, I instead get a dashed broken line. Other features that require a steady pressure with the stylus in a particular location won't work because it acts like a rapid tap instead. The touchscreen seems to intermittently be going out. Luckily though it is still under a replacement plan at Best Buy. I noticed on their sit they no longer sell the T3 so if they don't have any in stock, I may get my choice for my previous purchase price.

So my question is this. Should I get the new Tungsten T5 or switch to a Pocket PC? I have a lot of apps for the Palm but they are all free or demos so it is not that big of a deal to swich. On the other hand, I only really use it the occasional address, games, bible for church and minor MP3 usage. I would have around $400 to spend if it comes to that.

Kesh
2005-Apr-24, 09:07 PM
It really depends on your needs.

PalmOS is built around acting as an organizer. It's quick, handles calendars and alarms really well, and still works for other media uses.

PocketPC is built around being a really slimmed down PC. It's good for native editing of files, games and communication, but has problems with basic PIM use.