PDA

View Full Version : 'Superman Returns'

sarongsong
2005-Apr-26, 04:31 PM
"The first image (http://starbulletin.com/2005/04/26/features/) from the highly anticipated action adventure "Superman Returns," starring newcomer Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel, has been released by Warner Bros. Pictures..."

kucharek
2005-Apr-26, 05:30 PM
Caaaaandyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Humphrey
2005-Apr-26, 05:32 PM
Oh i prey...ppprrraaayyyy...that they ignore all the stupid powers that superman 2-4 gave him.

Doodler
2005-Apr-26, 08:19 PM
Is it just me, or is this guy just a bit too scrawny to you?

kucharek
2005-Apr-26, 08:42 PM
Is it just me, or is this guy just a bit too scrawny to you?

Compared with me - no! :D

V-GER
2005-Apr-26, 08:55 PM
Why couldn't they have updated the costume?That's just wrong, really, who would wear a cape?!?! oh yeah, batman.... well still, looks kinda stupid.

Humphrey
2005-Apr-26, 09:30 PM
Havn't they seen the incredibles? No capes! :-P

Moose
2005-Apr-26, 09:41 PM
He does look like he needs to bulk up a bit more, but I think the problem with the suit are just a few minor details: the S is too small. His belt needs to be placed a couple of inches higher, and the red has to be a lot brighter (or tone down the blue correspondingly.)

Basically, the Dean Cain look, IMO. Modern enough, but not geeky. (Well, as not geeky as a "strongman in tights" can get, anyway.)

Lianachan
2005-Apr-26, 11:17 PM
I'm more looking forward to Batman Begins myself. It's sad that the best Batman film ever made was The Crow (at least, that's the closest to the Batman film I would write :evil: )

General Zod
2005-Apr-27, 01:43 AM
I love the superheroes/villains of comics but I think they look best in cartoon form. The reason for the flashy costumes was to sort of liven up the characters to make them stand out. When it gets transferred to real life the spandex looks silly. And don't get me started on the over-use of that crutch called the "green screen." :x

Kebsis
2005-Apr-27, 02:00 AM
They should use a cooler bad guy than Lex Luthor. Like The Cyborg. At least they got Kevin Spacey playing him, he's a good actor.

tmosher
2005-Apr-27, 02:13 AM
Looks like he needs to see Candy's personal trainer. You know, Sargeant what's his name.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Apr-27, 05:17 PM
Yeah the belt is definitely lower than previous Supermen. Appears they are going for the current fashion trend of low-rider hip-hugger stuff. At least his boxers aren't hanging out the top, . . . and bottom.

paulie jay
2005-Apr-28, 12:02 AM
Yeah the belt is definitely lower than previous Supermen. Appears they are going for the current fashion trend of low-rider hip-hugger stuff.

Oh great - that willl date well :roll: Why didn't they just put Christopher Reeve into box flares...