So, whaddayall think?

Donnie B.
2001-Nov-18, 11:58 AM
Oh lordie... a bean counter?

ToSeek
2001-Nov-18, 03:16 PM
On 2001-11-18 06:58, Donnie B. wrote:
Oh lordie... a bean counter?

My gut reaction is basically the same. On the other hand, James Webb, the NASA administrator during Project Apollo, also came out of the OMB. So don't give up on him yet.

Ilya
2001-Nov-18, 08:48 PM
Considering the pig's breakfast NASA made out of ISS, someone from the Office of Management and Budget may be exactly what it needs.

Some honest accounting practices would be a welcome change.

Mr. X
2001-Nov-19, 01:36 AM
O'Keefe... rings a bell...

Doesn't he have a brewery that now belongs to Molson? (Not being a beer drinker, or a drinker I don't really know, but..)

Maybe they're trying to make beer in space! The most expensive beer, brewed in microgravity! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That should help NASA get some funding!

I wonder what it will be called...
Maybe something along the lines of Space Ale, only with more zazz, or zing if you prefer /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I can really picture the NASA logo on the label! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr. X on 2001-11-18 20:38 ]</font>

ToSeek
2001-Nov-19, 01:55 PM
On 2001-11-18 15:48, Ilya wrote:
Considering the pig's breakfast NASA made out of ISS, someone from the Office of Management and Budget may be exactly what it needs.

Some honest accounting practices would be a welcome change.

I was thinking the same thing - maybe NASA needs a bean counter right now.

Irishman
2001-Nov-19, 02:19 PM
"We must save the budget, regardless of the cost." *

I can just hear him saying that.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But I get the feeling NASA is in for lean times. We thought Goldin was hitting hard with his mandatory 10% reductions and such. Ack.
-----
* Yes, I made that quote up.

ToSeek
2001-Nov-21, 09:44 PM
On 2001-11-19 09:19, Irishman wrote:
But I get the feeling NASA is in for lean times.

I think NASA's been in lean times for the past thirty years.

BigJim
2004-Jul-27, 10:57 PM
Thought that this might be an interesting thread to bump to the top... what do you all think of him now, 2 1/2 years later? Also, the linked picture of him isn't very good.

Kervin Nada
2004-Jul-28, 11:34 AM
Total disaster!
O'Keefe's a Bad strawman for Bush-Cheney and Northrup Grumman.
Platitudes ad nauseum; not a single original thought. He stumbles and mumbles when trying to cover for the Blind Cleric Bush's space visions, or the "stuff" about why Hubble can't be safely repaired. He's the cover man for the massive smoke-filled transfer from NASA investigative science to NASA military science.

ToSeek
2004-Jul-28, 12:53 PM
Well, I disagree with him on the Hubble decision and believe that he handled it badly. Overall, it's hard to say. I think his main focus has been on getting the ISS budget situation under control, and I think he's done all right with that. But he's not much of a vision guy.

Swift
2004-Jul-29, 02:49 PM
But he's not much of a vision guy.
I would say you are being kind.