PDA

View Full Version : So Long So Long So Long So Long...

Andromeda321
2005-May-12, 09:21 PM
And thanks for all the fish!!! (http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/games/dolphin.html)
*loves Douglas Adams*
:D :D :D

A Thousand Pardons
2005-May-12, 09:34 PM
is this just a summer thing?

Nicolas
2005-May-12, 11:43 PM
I thought this was about the song "So long" by Fisher Z :D .

The Supreme Canuck
2005-May-14, 12:23 AM
You know, I had this song stuck in my head for three days after seeing the movie. Love it!

beskeptical
2005-May-15, 08:28 PM
I hate that music genre.

They ruin a lot of good movies with it. Nightmare before Christmas comes to mind.

mickal555
2005-May-15, 10:43 PM
I saw the movie on saturday- Loved it :D

I just need to read the book now :D

Parrothead
2005-May-15, 11:58 PM
I hate that music genre.

They ruin a lot of good movies with it. Nightmare before Christmas comes to mind.

Wow, I think Nightmare is one of the best Burton/Elfman collaborations, the score to Batman being my fav.

Gillianren
2005-May-16, 08:44 PM
I hate that music genre.

I'm sorry; I thought the dolphin song was more music hall, and Nightmare was musical. to what genre do you refer?

mid
2005-May-17, 08:45 AM
Courtesy of Hammer & Tongs themselves, I bring you those opening titles in full (http://bvbp-qref.vitalstream.com/HitchhikersGuide/HG2G_FishSong_1500.mov).

Don't say I never give you anything...

Maksutov
2005-May-17, 09:30 AM
For a few seconds I thought you referring to the "theme" song from Head (http://www.jacquedee63.com/porpoisesong.html) by Carole King/Gerry Goffin: now there was a song with a porpoise!

beskeptical
2005-May-17, 04:32 PM
I hate that music genre.

I'm sorry; I thought the dolphin song was more music hall, and Nightmare was musical. to what genre do you refer?The music style. I can't help it, it bores me. And I do like the vast majority of music styles so it isn't just rock or bust. 8)

I haven't seen the movie and actually that song made me worry there would be more of the same throughout the movie. I didn't think it was a musical before, so I'm glad to hear it isn't.

Gillianren
2005-May-17, 07:04 PM
but I'm still confused; those are two different styles of music--music hall is what the dolphins sing. frankly, Nightmare is not horribly different from Oingo Boingo; it's certainly closer to that than it is to the dolphin song, for the most part.

beskeptical
2005-May-17, 10:22 PM
but I'm still confused; those are two different styles of music--music hall is what the dolphins sing. frankly, Nightmare is not horribly different from Oingo Boingo; it's certainly closer to that than it is to the dolphin song, for the most part.I am not aware of the distinctions you are making. I know the dif between rock and blues where I doubt my parents would. It sounds like I am lumping several music styles together in blissful ignorance. :P Take my statement with the level of ignorance it is. I didn't like the dolphin music nor the music in NmBfCm. Oh well. I loved the claymation and story in Nightmare. :D I'm sure I will be going to the Hitchhiker's Movie. I enjoyed both the book and the BBC series.

BTW, I didn't like "Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul" by Adams. I had a hard time following the ?plot.

mickal555
2005-May-19, 10:36 AM
I was thinking of getting that book(while I wait for hichikers)... any recomendations

beskeptical
2005-May-19, 06:23 PM
I was thinking of getting that book(while I wait for hichikers)... any recomendationsWhich book?

Gillianren
2005-May-19, 07:19 PM
if you mean Nightmare, it's a picture book and not easy to find. (I have it, though.)

devil's advocate
2005-May-19, 10:32 PM
don't you love how quickly this topic turned from Hitchikers Guide to music styles? Anyways, I've seen it twice and I'm now reading the books. Funniest movie I've seen in a long time

MAGRATHEA!!