PDA

View Full Version : Best WWII joke

Glom
2005-May-13, 08:14 PM
On HIGNFY, they show us a picture of Churchill making the two finger peace sign.

"He won, because Hitler always chose paper."

Glom
2005-May-13, 08:24 PM
It got worse. When talking about sympathy marks in an exam, including extra marks for family bereavement and serious car accident,

"So that's how Prince Harry scraped through his A levels."

Krel
2005-May-13, 09:30 PM
On HIGNFY, they show us a picture of Churchill making the two finger peace sign.

Actually it is not a 'peace sign', it is the 'Victory V', or 'V for Victory' sign. It was stolen by the hippies in the 60's. [-X

I am assuming the the palm is facing out, if the knuckles are facing out, then it means something totally different. :o

David.

rleyland
2005-May-13, 09:57 PM

Actually it is not a 'peace sign', it is the 'Victory V', or 'V for Victory' sign. It was stolen by the hippies in the 60's. [-X

I am assuming the the palm is facing out, if the knuckles are facing out, then it means something totally different. :o

David.

In classic Churchillian fashion, he was sending both messages! :-)

Robbo

The Supreme Canuck
2005-May-14, 12:07 AM
I seem to recall hearing that his advisors told him not to do it because of the, er, extreme rudeness of the gesture. He did it anyway. Churchill: hilarious.

Enzp
2005-May-14, 05:40 AM
That's the BEST WW2 joke?

I thought it was this one:

I know a guy who is half Black and half Japanese, and every December 7th he attacks Pearl Bailey.

Now THAT is a WW2 joke.