PDA

View Full Version : A Bad Astronomer, revisited

Shewolfe
2005-May-16, 07:30 PM
Hello, Mr. Plait. Yesterday you insulted me and locked my thread. Locking the thread ends the discussion, which doesn't even give a person time to contemplate the questions posed, to present a cogent answer, to at least try to answer. Then you said you didn't say it was because I was promoting Hoagland.

"Peddle your anti-science garbage somewhere else. Sheesh. You came to the Bad Astronomy site to promote reverse speech and Hoagland? Wow.

Locked."

You did say I was promoting Hoagland.

Crazieman
2005-May-16, 07:32 PM
:-({|= :-s

Jorge
2005-May-16, 07:38 PM
déjà vu

Shewolfe
2005-May-16, 07:42 PM
Locked threads, locked minds.

What a scenario for scientific exploration. Oh well, I shall go swoon now, to the melodious tunes of my violin player, and lay by the side of the river bank, and contemplate why the world isn't ready.

~Shewolfe

Gullible Jones
2005-May-16, 07:46 PM
The world won't be ready for doom for another 4.9 billion years.

Our civilization might go sooner or later. There's no telling.

You, however, will probably face banning very shortly...

pumpkinpie
2005-May-16, 07:57 PM
Shewolfe,
He already admitted in your thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21696&start=0) titled Mr. Plait that he mis-typed "Hoagland" when he meant to type "Oates." So when he said you were "promoting Hoagland" he meant (I assume)you were "promoting Oates."

Kristophe
2005-May-16, 07:58 PM
You already have a thread that no one paid serious attention to wherein you complain about Dr. Plait locking your first thread in which no one paid any serious attention to you. Why don't you keep posting in that one, instead of spamming up the fora with posts consisting of you whining about having your first post (which no one paid attention to, I remind you) locked. At least that way, people will have fewer threads to not pay attention to.

Archer17
2005-May-16, 08:00 PM

What a scenario for scientific exploration. Oh well, I shall go swoon now, to the melodious tunes of my violin player, and lay by the side of the river bank, and contemplate why the world isn't ready.

~Shewolfe You don't bring anything to the table Shewolfe but empty rhetoric. You had ample time to supply straightforward answers in the first thread you started before it was locked, but chose not to do so. You also chose not to respond to anything in the second thread you started yesterday. Now this. Spare the "poor little old me" stuff and either back up what you initially posted or I suggest you take your act elsewhere where unsupported claims and refusal to address direct questions won't be an issue.

peter eldergill
2005-May-16, 08:50 PM
I actually find this entertaining, in a watching-an-accident-from-your-car kind of way

Pete

Makgraf
2005-May-16, 09:17 PM
Mr. Plait.
Doctor Plait! He didn't spend six years in bad astronomy school to be called 'mister'.

R.A.F.
2005-May-16, 09:17 PM
You did say I was promoting Hoagland.

...and (as pumpkinpie has pointed out) he corrected himself...

Well, that's rather funny. I didn't mean to type "Hoagland", I meant to type "Oates". After reading all that about Hoagland, I mixed up one nonsense-peddler with another. My bad.

frogesque
2005-May-16, 09:24 PM
Spare us another bite of the bitter cherry please.

I first made the link to Hoagland though your reference to the petition. The writer of which has also instigated a petition to get NASA to recognise RC Hoagland. A link on that petition apeared to be false and took me directly to a site where RC Hoagland has a major (if not exclusive) input. Rightly or wrongly it gives the impression that Hoagland was indirectly canvassing NASA (not that he has a face on Cydonia's chance of success)

Personally I don't care if two grown ups fall out, if neither of them are big enough to swallow their own egos then so be it and Messers Bell and Oates can live the rest of their lives in obscurity - it will not impact my life one way or the other. What you have done is to spread gossip and inuendo about serious allegations of a criminal nature in someone's private life and my advice then and now is; if you have evidence, take it to the appropriate authorities.

PatKelley
2005-May-16, 09:26 PM

~Shewolfe

For... what? Bad Poetry? A completely different website, but possibly more amenable to your petition...

Lurker
2005-May-16, 09:55 PM
anti-science garbage somewhere else. Sheesh. You came to the Bad Astronomy site to promote reverse speech and Hoagland? Wow.
Uh.. other than the fact that he may have gotten the name wrong, which part do you disagree with shewolfe?? Just curious... :-k

Edited to add:

~Shewolfe

uh... no..., but if you build a coherent case we will listen... 8)

Van Rijn
2005-May-16, 10:07 PM
I think it is pretty clear she isn't listening. She is engaged in a monologue. Perhaps she enjoys stirring us up, so unless she starts responding to questions and comments rather than just repeating herself, this is the last thing I'll say on the subject, or any thread that she starts.

Jorge
2005-May-16, 10:14 PM
Mr. Plait.
Doctor Plait! He didn't spend six years in bad astronomy school to be called 'mister'.

Could have been worse right?

It could have been
Misses Plait ;)

(BA: hope i didn't offend you)

frogesque
2005-May-16, 10:18 PM
Regarding the original thread: isn't this interesting?

David Oates reversespeach.com (http://www.reversespeech.com/products.htm)

Its Only A Metaphor

Published 1996 by David John Oates in Manuscript form, autobiography and metaphorical journey, creation theories. 130,000 words. Available as a Download Only ...... $24.95

Lurker
2005-May-16, 10:25 PM
Regarding the original thread: isn't this interesting?

David Oates reversespeach.com (http://www.reversespeech.com/products.htm)

Its Only A Metaphor

Published 1996 by David John Oates in Manuscript form, autobiography and metaphorical journey, creation theories. 130,000 words. Available as a Download Only ...... $24.95

Wow still a steal at half the price... :wink:

Kristophe
2005-May-16, 11:00 PM
I think it is pretty clear she isn't listening. She is engaged in a monologue.

Yup. I think she came here just so she could call use closed minded. People love to do that. I'm going to stick around until she decides we're all apart of whatever conspiracy it is she's pushing.

Remember boys and girls: It's all YOUR fault.

Jorge
2005-May-16, 11:05 PM
Remember boys and girls: It's all YOUR fault.

Nah, Just blame the goverment, and all will be allright :roll:

The Bad Astronomer
2005-May-16, 11:14 PM
Since Shewolfe came back and deleted her opening post in the other thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=471061#471061), I am locking this one to prevent her from doing it here. Revisionism is something I will not allow.