PDA

View Full Version : Hee hee Eurovision

Glom
2005-May-21, 07:55 PM
Usual weirdness. Nothing better on. Israel's lead singer is super fit. Serbia and Montenegro's seems like Nightmare staring Take That. Good thing we have the Welshman to entertain us.

frogesque
2005-May-21, 08:03 PM
Another, (how many entrants are there in this year's debachle?), good reasons for not owning a TV :lol:

kleindoofy
2005-May-21, 08:23 PM
Just watching now and living out my masochistic tendencies. I'm rather surprised by the number of fake breasts. Fake breasts in Romania and Israel? At least the Israeli woman could sing. :roll:

Glom
2005-May-21, 08:41 PM
They were voluptuous. Mind you, France isn't too bad either. Our own... *drool*.

(Yes, I know this isn't the most 21st century style of posting.)

kleindoofy
2005-May-21, 08:52 PM
... Our own... *drool*....

Well, at least Gracia's are real - and she can sing.

In the short review I noticed that Albania's hopes were also based on artificial mammaries. :roll:

Glom
2005-May-21, 09:28 PM
We're doing worse than Germany. That is an outrage. Germany couldn't hit the high notes. And our girl was fitter. It's all because of Iraq doncha know. :wink: :^o

This shouldn't happen to a girl that pretty. :cry:

Glom
2005-May-21, 09:33 PM
It's okay now. Regional bias sometimes works in our favour when the Irish are around. We're not at the bottom. Wogan is a fortune teller. He knows exactly where votes are going because he knows about regional bias.

Parrothead
2005-May-21, 09:56 PM
LOL! Interesting, Estonia didn't make it out of the semi-finals, but the Swiss entry is by the group Vanilla Ninja, which an Estonian band...

Glom
2005-May-21, 10:02 PM
Thanks to some regional bias by Macedonia, the irony is now firmly established. The three axis powers of Europe are at the bottom.

More importantly, I think Boeing has had something to do with these results. The four Airbus countries are at the bottom.

jumbo
2005-May-21, 10:49 PM
Just finished watching it. The usual voting silliness happened. I thought we would get our political 0 points again this year.
Terry Wogan (I assume hes the 'welshman' entertaining us...null points for geography but 12 points for realising hes the entertainment for the night) was the main reason i had for watching. I think he should be given the chance at the end to knock points off or add them for utter ridiculousness sake.

He good was that body artist guy in the intermission. The one handed twirling around and balancing was pretty impressive to my by then sozzled eyes.

captain swoop
2005-May-23, 10:01 AM
Good old Tel is the reason to watch. He's Irish, not Welsh.

Ken Bruce is good on Radio 2 as well, He is a Scottish Terry Wogan.

Heid the Ba'
2005-May-23, 11:29 AM
It is surprising how seriously some countries still take this, I watched it in Spain and it was a biggish thing there. OK nowhere near as big as Real -v- Athletico on the other side but still big. I prefer Ken Bruce to Wogan, more understated but gets the same points accross.

papageno
2005-May-23, 01:34 PM
It is surprising how seriously some countries still take this, I watched it in Spain and it was a biggish thing there. OK nowhere near as big as Real -v- Athletico on the other side but still big. I prefer Ken Bruce to Wogan, more understated but gets the same points accross.
In Italy it is basically ignored.
I have never seen it broadcast by one of the major channels (in the UK it was on the BBC!).