PDA

View Full Version : Phil "The Bad Astronomer" Plait Featrued at AM

Russ
2002-Aug-02, 10:44 PM
I have not seen any conversations on this little item. Of course that doesn't mean it hasn't taken place, just I haven't seen it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Our own favorite Bad Astronomer, Phil, is featured as being on the "Contributing Editor" staff at Astronomy Magazine. See here: http://www.astronomy.com/content/static/misc/webstaff_bios/staffbio_plait.asp

(in voice of "Valley Boy") That's like totally aaaaawsome duuuuuuude! (back to comfortable west Texas drawl) He has gained the authority of the printed & mass circulated word. This is even above and beyond that of his highly successful and aclaimed book. Before long it'll be the "Tonight Show" with Leno. Then on to his own mini series "Bad Cosmos". The final step is to eclipse Sagan in the pantheon of astronomy stars! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif (pun intended)

All ribbing asside, I was just cruising the AM web site and stumbled across this. Did Phil mention this here? Has anyone else? I've been gone alot lately and may have missed it.

Whatever the case; Phil, you have my humble congrats.

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Aug-02, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure I ever brought it up. I write some features for the Astronomy website, so I get to be a contributing editor. They've published two of the four I have submitted, and I wonder when the other 2 will get in?

An article I wrote a year ago will be printed in the magazine in January. Wait'll you see that one! Heehee.

David Hall
2002-Aug-03, 06:58 AM
BA, I think you mentioned it in passing a while back inside of another post. But it's nice to have the clarification. Thanks! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Aug-03, 08:57 AM
I've been watching 'em since you announced it in October. Check out the thread new column for Astronomy magazine (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=44&forum=2), from 10/25/2001. Keep up the good work.