PDA

View Full Version : BmpBmp...?

Revolver
2005-May-23, 06:45 PM
I think thats his name.. Where has BmpBmp been? I havent seen many scaired of life posts from him in a while... Did he leave or die or something?

Lycus
2005-May-23, 06:51 PM
For future reference, we have a thread for this sort of thing. Just search for "missing posters" with the search engine and you should be able to find it when you want it.

Missing posters (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5237&start=0&postdays=0&postorder= asc&highlight=)

Revolver
2005-May-23, 06:59 PM
If someone knows just tell me so I can avoid the stress of searching

The Supreme Canuck
2005-May-23, 07:02 PM
It's always good form to search for yourself before asking someone.

Archer17
2005-May-23, 07:05 PM
If someone knows just tell me so I can avoid the stress of searchingI don't think anyone knew him personally so there's no way to answer your question. I'd like to think that he finally quit reading the garbage that upset him.

bmpbmp did get some flack but people shouldn't forget that he came here looking for alternatives to what he read and, after all, isn't that what the main page and this board is all about?

Revolver
2005-May-23, 07:06 PM
He should have atleast told us he was going or something...

But...

Which would be more important:

Searching for posts about BmpBmp

or

Moderating this (http://iflimits.com/) spammers paradice

? [-X

Archer17
2005-May-23, 07:15 PM
bmpbmp was an infrequent poster as it was and sometimes went months between posts.

BTW, the "edit" in my prior post was to remove the underline where I bolded a couple words (thought it was overkill). You type too fast Revolver! :wink:

Lance
2005-May-23, 07:16 PM
bmpbmp was an infrequent poster as it was and sometimes went months between posts.

The world will be ending again some time soon most likely. He'll be back.

Revolver
2005-May-23, 07:18 PM

BTW, the "edit" in my prior post was to remove the underline where I bolded a couple words (thought it was overkill). You type too fast Revolver! :wink:I do alot of typing and since I usually have 30 tabs on Firefox and 20 IM windows I had to learn to type fast. :wink:

Argos
2005-May-24, 01:30 PM
For future reference, we have a thread for this sort of thing. Just search for "missing posters" with the search engine and you should be able to find it when you want it.

Many missing posters are unaccounted for; They´re ignored.

jfribrg
2005-May-24, 02:26 PM
In some of his more recent posts, I did detect that he had developed a little more skepticism about the doomsday scenarios he read at GLP and other places. This underscores the problem that we have. From many people's perspective, you have one web site saying the sky is falling, and giving scientific "proof" that it is. Then there are other sites, like this one where people are saying that it isn't falling, and in fact can't fall, also giving scientific proof. Many people don't have the background to tell the difference between the valid and phoney scientific arguments, and so conclude that both sides are partially correct, which in the regard to GLP and other Woo-woo's, is rarely the case. I credit Bmpbmp for trying to figure out the truth. In many, but not all, of his posts, he seems to know that the GLPers are wrong but he doesn't know why, and therefore posts here.