PDA

View Full Version : Another Blues & Barbecue Festival

sidmel
2005-Jun-01, 01:40 PM
Got another invitation to a festival if anyone is in this area or is travelling and wants to a break and listen to some awesome blues music. I'm on the committee for the Henderson Music Preservation Society that sponsors a free concert every year, the Handy Blues & Barbecue Festival.

It's June 11th through the 19th here in Henderson, KY just south of Evansville, IN. The 17th and the 18th (Fri, Sat) will have the best bands if you have happen to be travelling through.

http://www.handyblues.org

I'm the Webmaster, so don't blast me on the design. :P

Candy
2005-Jun-01, 01:59 PM
Why must all the fun be had the weekend, or before, I'm graduating? :evil:

sidmel
2005-Jun-01, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that's a bummer. Last year we were rated the best free festival in KY

Candy
2005-Jun-01, 02:35 PM
My quest starts after the weekend of June 17th. I will see the States and the World. I want some BBQ, darn it. :D

jrkeller
2005-Jun-02, 03:07 AM
My quest starts after the weekend of June 17th. I will see the States and the World. I want some BBQ, darn it. :D

Then come to Texas.

Candy
2005-Jun-02, 01:38 PM

Then come to Texas.
I don't know about that. I saw what Texans sprayed (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=478345#478345) on their BBQ. It seemed a little scary. :wink:

jrkeller
2005-Jun-02, 06:51 PM
BBQ and Mexican food are the two foods that I found that Texans do very well. If you live close to the coast like I do, the seafood is pretty good too.

Candy
2005-Jun-03, 02:14 AM
BBQ and Mexican food are the two foods that I found that Texans do very well. If you live close to the coast like I do, the seafood is pretty good too.
Now, I'm really hungry. 8)