PDA

View Full Version : Futurama fans: possible good news

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Jun-06, 12:50 PM
http://www.gotfuturama.com/

a Futurma movie direct to dvd??? Thoughts???

papageno
2005-Jun-06, 12:57 PM
As long as it is as good as the TV series, and the price is reasonable, why not?

mwill
2005-Jun-06, 03:18 PM
That is the best news I have ever heard.

Rich
2005-Jun-06, 03:46 PM
=D> Yay! =D>

collegeguy
2005-Jun-06, 03:48 PM
Great news. =D>

Maksutov
2005-Jun-06, 04:30 PM
Wonderful! And no Fox preemptions due to OT football games! :wink:

Perhaps the show can be even more outrageous and creative without the constraints of "family television" (read "censorship").

Should be a best-seller, as have been the DVDs of the 1999-2003 show.

=D>

Amadeus
2005-Jun-07, 12:03 PM
Even though Futurama is not sure to return and the likelihood of its return is currently unknown, this is the first time in the past few years that we have heard of Futurama being discussed at the upper levels of FOX. They'll likely have a good look at the sales of the upcoming Futurama Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection.

Boldness mine...

I saw that in the shops yesterday and thought for a moment that my dreams had come true. Then I noticed that it was just a compilation of previous shows that I already have. Not sure how well this will do because for a few quid more you can buy an entire season on DVD...

Maksutov
2005-Jun-07, 12:51 PM
Even though Futurama is not sure to return and the likelihood of its return is currently unknown, this is the first time in the past few years that we have heard of Futurama being discussed at the upper levels of FOX. They'll likely have a good look at the sales of the upcoming Futurama Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection.

Boldness mine...

I saw that in the shops yesterday and thought for a moment that my dreams had come true. Then I noticed that it was just a compilation of previous shows that I already have. Not sure how well this will do because for a few quid more you can buy an entire season on DVD...
That reissue of already issued episodes isn't the subject of this thread. Don't stop at the most recent posts in that BB. The relevant ones are earlier and have to do with the direct-to-DVD movie.

Kristophe
2005-Jun-07, 03:01 PM
But that also deals with the idea of a direct to DVD movie. The idea is presented that if the re-release of select episodes does not sell well, then there may be cause for concern that there will be no movie. Don't stop at what's been quoted. The relevant stuff is on the page that's being quoted.

Ilya
2005-Jun-10, 01:53 AM
Many "Futurama" fans hate Fox for canceling the show, AND are convinced that not restoring "Futurama" after huge DVD sales means Fox executives are morons. Now, I own ALL episodes on DVD, and certainly hate that the show ended after 75 episodes, but I do not blame Fox executives for not making more. Good sales of DVD's do not necessarily mean good ratings of future episodes -- in fact, they very likely mean the opposite. To succeed on network TV, a show must appeal to millions who would watch it once. Depth of story and detailed animation are wasted at best, and are a turn-off at worst. To succeed on DVD, the show must appeal to thousands who would watch it over and over. So, not resurrecting "Futurama" was a logical decision. And making a "Futurama" movie direct to DVD is also a logical decision (assuming Fox actually does it). I certainly would buy it!

tmosher
2005-Jun-10, 02:06 AM
Furturama is the last thing I watch before I call it quits for the night.

Don't know if I'll be able to continue to watch it once I start the new job on June 20th. The work day starts at 7:00 AM!