PDA

View Full Version : University Students?

Infinity
2005-Jun-11, 12:13 AM
Hey,

Are there any students on this board? I'm sure there are, I'd just like to know who? I'm a undergrad science student, I go to York University in Toronto, Canada.

Where do you guys go, or have gone, or whatever?

Kristophe
2005-Jun-11, 12:19 AM
I'll be finishing up my UG this upcoming year just a few hours NE of you.

azazul
2005-Jun-11, 12:22 AM
I am an undergrad at Angelo State University in San Angelo Texas. I have a B.S. in Computer Science and Math and am working on a B.S. in Physics.

Parrothead
2005-Jun-11, 02:27 AM
The Orange Snail (if it's still open) - I minored in pub, euchre and darts many moons ago. :wink:

Andromeda321
2005-Jun-11, 03:28 AM
Finished my first undergraduate year in a physics major, astronomy and history double minor at Case Western Reserve University. :D
Oh, and since no one knows where that's at it's in Cleveland, Ohio. :P

jrkeller
2005-Jun-11, 05:56 AM
Finished my first undergraduate year in a physics major, astronomy and history double minor at Case Western Reserve University. :D
Oh, and since no one knows where that's at it's in Cleveland, Ohio. :P

I've been there and I went there specifically to visit. It's a pretty famous school for heat transfer, especially micro-gravity heat transfer. Here's why (http://mae1.cwru.edu/mae/Pages/Faculty_Staff/Faculty/Ostrach/Ostrach.htm)

Tobin Dax
2005-Jun-11, 06:13 AM
I don't need another reason to feel old (especially since I'm realizing how much younger than me undergrads are getting), but I need to break the rythm here. :)

I'm a grad student in the astronomy department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My B.S. was in physics from Oregon State. (I'm a native Oregonian, and this hot midwest weather right now is killing me.)

Weird Dave
2005-Jun-11, 11:13 AM
I'm still (just) an undergraduate; three weeks of post-exam freedom to go!

If I get a 2:1 I'll be doing a PhD in experimental Quantum Computing at Oxford (that's the English Oxford for all you Connecticutians out there).

papageno
2005-Jun-11, 11:50 AM
I used to be an undergraduate student.
Now I am finishing a PhD in Physics (somewhere south-west of London, but don't tell my boss that I'm here :-$ ).

Candy
2005-Jun-11, 12:27 PM
I don't need another reason to feel old (especially since I'm realizing how much younger than me undergrads are getting), but I need to break the rythm here. :)

I'm a grad student in the astronomy department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My B.S. was in physics from Oregon State. (I'm a native Oregonian, and this hot midwest weather right now is killing me.)
I thought you were 18. :o

I graduate June 17th with a Bachelor's in Technical Management. Basically, I finally get a degree in my field of work. I call it job security. I help manage Reservation Offices (Honolulu, Denver, Detroit, Chicago, South Bend, Ft Wayne, & Washington Dulles). Plus, some outsourced offices in Port Hawksbury, Pune, and Mumbai.

I'm still debating if I should do the Masters in Network Communications. I may have to, since I won't be able to start paying back my student loans.

Humphrey
2005-Jun-11, 04:12 PM
Bachelors at the University of Florida in Anthropology. Working on a M.B.A. at University of Central Florida.

ChesleyFan
2005-Jun-11, 08:01 PM
Majoring in geosciences at Wisconsin-Milwaukee.