PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Recommendation

Chip
2002-Aug-09, 06:27 PM
I'd like to make a little recommendation here for a movie. (Definitely a "B" picture, and most enjoyable.) It has next to nothing to do with astronomy, but does pertain to some topics on this board in it's humorous depiction of gullible folks who believe in every conspiracy theory, as personified in the film by a radio host. He refuses to accept a slightly more rational explanation for strange mutations in favor of UFOs. The film is Eight Legged Freaks (http://eightleggedfreaks.warnerbros.com/)! (Funny! Great special effects too.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chip on 2002-08-09 14:29 ]</font>

Timm
2002-Aug-09, 11:27 PM
Yeah, right! I'm so afraid of spiders, I don't think I would have fun in the cinema (and nobody else, cause I'd quite noisy in my fear /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif ). That's sad, because the teaser looks like a self-ironic and really funny horror movie... a well.

The title here in germany is so stupid... "arac attack". Now who thinks of something like that? If they keep it english (because that's cool here or so), why don't they take the original title? But nooooo...

R.A.F.
2002-Aug-10, 12:13 AM
Actually timm, "arac attack" was the original title for this movie. It was changed to "Eight Legged Freaks"
for U.S. audiences. Oh, I must congratulate Chip. I've been wanting to tell all here what a fun summer movie this is but since there is no astronomy in it I couldn't figure out an BABB angle like he did.

Timm
2002-Aug-13, 08:49 PM
Oops - Still, "Eight Legged Freaks" sounds better to me... "Arac Attack" sounds like a standart title for such a movie...

jokergirl
2002-Aug-25, 08:42 PM
arac attack sounds like another german movie they had some time ago... it was called "kanak attack" which is, imho, another rather discussable title for a movie, but whatever.
anyways, i always have myself thinking about this title when i read "arac attack"... a really stupid title, and again thanks to the achievements of the synchronization people!

if i got a cent whenever they did something STUPID in the translation of a movie/a movie title...

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif