PDA

View Full Version : another newbie

johnyk
2005-Jun-12, 06:46 AM
Cheers! First of all i hope i'm posting in the right place.
I felt the need to seek some answers about Hoagland's latest claim. It's a good one! That Iapetus (spelling?) is ARTIFICIAL!! He even compares it to pictures of the death star!! I guess it has a "wall" around the center. I've read a lot about Hoagland & appreciate his debunking on this site, well done! So, i just wondered if anyone here has been to his site & checked this out. It really is over the top!

Archer17
2005-Jun-12, 06:55 AM
Cheers! First of all i hope i'm posting in the right place.
I felt the need to seek some answers about Hoagland's latest claim. It's a good one! That Iapetus (spelling?) is ARTIFICIAL!! He even compares it to pictures of the death star!! I guess it has a "wall" around the center. I've read a lot about Hoagland & appreciate his debunking on this site, well done! So, i just wondered if anyone here has been to his site & checked this out. It really is over the top!Welcome aboard johnyk. You came to the right place and we're glad to have you. Iapetus is bizarre and is being discussed in this (http://badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21640&sid=6dd10203aa9f49b8aa8e4dea d382fd74) thread.

frogesque
2005-Jun-12, 09:03 AM
Hi johnyk and welcome. The whole site, including the website (allegedly 8) ) attached to this board is a mine of information and it doesn't matter if you are a working professional or a backyard binoc astronomer you will always find something relevant to your interests.

Charlie in Dayton
2005-Jun-13, 09:05 AM
Every time something comes up that is not IMMEDIATELY explainable, ol' Rich and The Boyz over at EnterpriseMission go into hyperblather mode and imply various extrasolar/extragalactic/extranefarious things.

I wonder what other-worldly beings they blamed it on when they couldn't get a date for the Senior Prom? [-(