PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world are you!???

mickal555
2005-Jun-13, 01:50 PM
Where in the world are you

Very broud.

mutant
2005-Jun-13, 02:04 PM
I have absolutely no idea at the moment. My GPS broke last week and I can't afford a new one. #-o

Argos
2005-Jun-13, 02:15 PM
For statistic ends it would be interesting to consider North and South Americas as separate entities.

jfribrg
2005-Jun-13, 02:23 PM
my location says it all

Melusine
2005-Jun-13, 02:40 PM
Mickal, I agree with Argos, North America and South America should be separated, therefore I did not vote. :(

Edit add: you've named continents, so you might as well name all seven. :D

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 02:52 PM
Mickal, I agree with Argos, North America and South America should be separated, therefore I did not vote. :(

I like this about the choices. It makes me feel closer to Argos. Have you seen his photo? :P

farmerjumperdon
2005-Jun-13, 02:58 PM
Geographer chiming in. We need to know which definition you are using for Europe. Political, geophysical, or cultural?

tmosher
2005-Jun-13, 03:15 PM
With Waldo and Dick Cheney - Waldo, however, will be easier to find than Dick Cheney.

Kristophe
2005-Jun-13, 03:15 PM
With Carmen Sandiego, of course ;)

Melusine
2005-Jun-13, 03:18 PM

I like this about the choices. It makes me feel closer to Argos. Have you seen his photo? :P
Yes, I have--a handsome guy, but South America is another continent, and since Africa, Europe, and the rest are separated, Mickal might as well have separated North and South America and added Antarctica...someone could be there, you know. :)

Just my opinion. Again, I haven't voted. :wink:

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 03:21 PM

Yes, I have--a handsome guy, but South America is another continent, and since Africa, Europe, and the rest are separated, Mickal might as well have separated North and South America and added Antarctica...someone could be there, you know. :)

I think the poll only allows 5 options. I could be wrong. I can't remember. It's been awhile since a did a poll thing. :-k

[EDIT - Oh dear, I believe I just posted a statement (poll ~ pole) that I will soon regret.]

teddyv
2005-Jun-13, 03:26 PM

I think the poll only allows 5 options. I could be wrong. I can't remember. It's been awhile since a did a poll thing. :-k

[EDIT - Oh dear, I believe I just posted a statement (poll ~ pole) that I will soon regret.] :lol: :lol:

Argos
2005-Jun-13, 03:30 PM

The distance won´t separate us, honey. :) 8)

The number of continents varies from 5 to 7, depending on the source and the criteria used. I grew up with the (geographic) notion of six continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Antarctica). Some talk of an Eurasian continent, while others talk of two Americas.

America stretches from pole to pole, over two hemispheres. Gathering all this spatial distribution into a single body wouldn´t give you meaningful information.

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 03:32 PM
Gathering all this spatial distribution into a single body wouldn´t give you meaningful information.
Sure makes me want to try, though. 8-[

[EDIT - I said this on purpose.] :wink:

cyswxman
2005-Jun-13, 04:03 PM
I don't know for sure. The slogan here once was, "Like no place on Earth", and it seems that way!

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 04:24 PM
I like living in Midwest, USA. I'm a Hoosier, born and bred. If I ever have a child (only with Dr. Brian Cox), I would want the child reared in the Midwest (private schools, of course). I would want a little Einstein that will grow up with a nanny as the surrogate mother. 8)

I'm not really into babies, so I will take over after the child has reached manhood. Am I a bad person or what? 8-[

umop ap!sdn
2005-Jun-13, 04:50 PM
One of these days I'll memorize my new coordinates. *looks them up* 112.185°W, 33.539°N. :D

I'm not really into babies, so I will take over after the child has reached manhood. Am I a bad person or what? 8-[
No, not a bad person - or at least not the only one. :lol:

2005-Jun-13, 04:53 PM

What, if it's a 'she'? :D :D :D

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 04:58 PM

There will be no she's in this family. :wink:

pumpkinpie
2005-Jun-13, 05:01 PM
I like living in Midwest, USA. I'm a Hoosier, born and bred. If I ever have a child (only with Dr. Brian Cox), I would want the child reared in the Midwest (private schools, of course). I would want a little Einstein that will grow up with a nanny as the surrogate mother. 8)

No, it's all about personal preferences. Just adopt an 18 year old! :wink:

After seeing my niece growing (she's almost 2) I realized that I could do without the happenings from birth til about 6 months old. I'd be perfectly happy adopting a baby that age! I know there are plenty in the world that need good homes.

(After 6 months or so, babies are AMAZING!!! I wouldn't want to miss that for the world. Or, at least for the Americas, whereever they should stretch....to get this back on topic!)

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 05:09 PM
Isn't Glom 18? I'd adopt him in a heartbeat. :P

Moose
2005-Jun-13, 05:10 PM
I have absolutely no idea at the moment. My GPS broke last week and I can't afford a new one. #-o

So where were you just before your GPS broke? :P

As for me, wherever I happen to be, there I am!

Tranquility
2005-Jun-13, 05:11 PM
In Asia, but it's still too expensive to visit Japan.

Tranquility
2005-Jun-13, 05:13 PM

19, fairly neat, got my own TV, can curl up on mattress, will be out all day looking for work... :P

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 05:33 PM

19, fairly neat, got my own TV, can curl up on mattress, will be out all day looking for work... :P
DONE! :D

jfribrg
2005-Jun-13, 05:45 PM
After seeing my niece growing (she's almost 2) I realized that I could do without the happenings from birth til about 6 months old. I'd be perfectly happy adopting a baby that age! I know there are plenty in the world that need good homes.

(After 6 months or so, babies are AMAZING!!! I wouldn't want to miss that for the world. Or, at least for the Americas, whereever they should stretch....to get this back on topic!)

I agree that the first 6 months are kind of thankless, but even then its not the terrible ordeal that some people make it out to be (nor are the so-called terrible twos either). Watching a kid grow up is a rather amazing experience.

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 06:23 PM

I agree that the first 6 months are kind of thankless, but even then its not the terrible ordeal that some people make it out to be (nor are the so-called terrible twos either). Watching a kid grow up is a rather amazing experience.
I guess I've seen to many wayward kids. I'm very skeptical. 8-[

Superluminal
2005-Jun-13, 06:37 PM
I had to put North America, since you didn't have +33 W93 as an option.

2005-Jun-13, 06:38 PM

You'll love it the same, mate - you wait... :D :D

Candy
2005-Jun-13, 06:42 PM

You'll love it the same, mate - you wait... :D :D
Don't you have three teenage girls? Now-a-day, you can actually pick the gender of a child. Or so I hear. 8-[

mickal555
2005-Jun-13, 08:42 PM
your only allowed five options- I orginonly had south and north seporated....

Lycus
2005-Jun-13, 09:41 PM
With Carmen Sandiego, of course ;)
Google found her, by the way:

LINK (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=Where+in+the+World+Is+Carmen+Sandi ego%3F&btnG=Search)

Lianachan
2005-Jun-13, 10:09 PM
Scotland for me.

Not too far from Pete Tattum, as it happens.