PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Reason to Hate Microsoft

Maksutov
2005-Jun-13, 11:33 PM
Bill and the boys are helping the Chinese government censor the Internet. Perhaps he considers this a testbed for later applications in the US.

Article here. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050613/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_china;_ylt=AigfH3xaR4F.sG7u3Zx16EOs0NUE; _ylu=X3oDMTA2NDg4NWRqBHNlYwN0Yw--)

Humphrey
2005-Jun-14, 02:06 AM
He tried to do this by having I.E. specific internet coding and by leaps and bounds most of the major profesional website makers went out oif their way not to use it if they did not have to.

People will find a way around it.

Maksutov
2005-Jun-14, 02:26 AM
He tried to do this by having I.E. specific internet coding and by leaps and bounds most of the major profesional website makers went out oif their way not to use it if they did not have to.

People will find a way around it.
I hope so. Manchurian Taikonaut's posts are always a good read, plus isn't Singapore under Chinese control?

Halcyon Dayz
2005-Jun-14, 02:29 AM
No it isn't.
It just has a large percentage of ethnic Chinese citizens.

(And I understand Morrolan is moving to Oz anyway.)

Archer17
2005-Jun-14, 02:40 AM
I didn't have too many nice things to say about Gates as it was, but aiding in censoring information is unpardonable. I agree with Humphrey though, people will find a way around it. Human ingenuity should never be underestimated.

paulie jay
2005-Jun-14, 02:50 AM
Great opportunity for Firefox to get a foothold in China, then. Free And Uncensored!

Humphrey
2005-Jun-14, 02:55 AM
It just won't happen in the U.S. without govt' intervention. Adn even with gov't intervention, there is no real eway to enforce it.

How will they make everyone who has a computer download the gigantic patch that will be required to add code to every single program that acess the inter net to rout throught special servers that filter out unwanted material?

I mean people still use windows 98 and have never updated it in their life. Not only that but how long will it take to crack it, two, three hours at most?