PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Seen A UFO?

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-25, 07:35 AM
I've seen plenty of UFOs, at least to me, but I don't think any of them have anything to do with extra-terrestrials. Much as I enjoyed watching a show like Roswell and I do in fact believe in alien civilisations throughout space, I can't seriously believe that any aliens have visited us here ever.

Ever

What always amazes me is that the whole UFO phenomenon is so closely co-related to our own ability to reach for the stars. If aliens are visiting us, wouldn't they have been doing so for hundreds of years? So why weren't people in the 18th & 19th centuries telling stories about strange beings flying around and doing all sorts of horrendous things to us ordinary folk?

gwiz
2005-Oct-25, 07:54 AM
Back in those days, the abductee stories said the fairies took them under the hill.

Sticks
2005-Oct-25, 12:30 PM
I once saw a UFO in a kitchen

It was an Unidentified Frying Object :lol:

Any hue there was a programme a few weeks ago that looked at UFO sightings from the perspective of them being at first NAZI WWII secret weapons and then US Black Ops projects.

According to their source, the CIA encouraged the belief in extra-terrestrials to distract people away from the truth.

SillyMidOff
2005-Oct-25, 02:41 PM
I have never seen a UFO ... but theres always hope!

Titana
2005-Oct-25, 05:12 PM
Well i have seen many strange objects around here where i live, although i can not exactly say that they where UFOs. One time i was outside looking up at the sky with my binoculars, And suddenly saw a strange light, it was like the relfecton that a flashlight lets off. Well to explain myself better i could see a circle of light with a beam reflecting from it . Its kind of hard to explain, but anyway that light started growing larger until it came to a certain size and then started to faint away little by little. I never knew what it was, but i am sure it was not an airplane because i live very close to the airport here and i am use to what the lights coming from an airplane looks like, and besides this thing wouldn´t move it just stayed still........

Titana...........

Gryfin210
2005-Oct-25, 06:13 PM
My Grandmother claims she saw one twice. Once with my grandfather and one with my sister. I forget the details, but the former she says she saw in the car, and it was flying in a figure 8 patter, then flew over a hill and disappeared. The Former she saw flying in a straight line, but soon followed by what she thought were military helicoptors. Now I don't believe that she saw any actualy extraterrestrial, but it would be interesting to know what they saw, if anything.

Gillianren
2005-Oct-25, 07:19 PM
If she couldn't identify it, it was a UFO. If she knew it was an alien spacecraft (or whatever), it logically no longer fit the definition "UFO." I've seen UFOs, because I don't know a lot about aircraft. Since the closest I can do is "well, that's probably a plane/satellite/whatever," they remain, to me at least, UFOs.

The Mangler
2005-Oct-25, 09:35 PM
So why weren't people in the 18th & 19th centuries telling stories about strange beings flying around and doing all sorts of horrendous things to us ordinary folk?

Actually, there are stories of ancient "visitors". I personally don't believe that we are being visited by aliens, but the stroies go way back.

Sticks
2005-Oct-25, 09:44 PM
On that programme on TV they did not mention sleep paralasis, which can account for alien abductions today and the stories of night hags and visits from demons that were given during the medieval period

Sam5
2005-Oct-25, 10:12 PM
I saw one over South Los Angeles about 25 years ago. It was the weirdest thing I ever saw. I started chasing it, driving toward it. I thought that at last I had found a UFO from another planet.

Well, dang, it turned out to be a Goodyear blimp with a new set of colored advertising lights installed on the side of it.

Gemini
2005-Oct-25, 11:54 PM
Maybe these ancient stories are what they had instead of Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly etc, just a thought

The Mangler
2005-Oct-25, 11:57 PM
I think maybe they saw a comet or meteor and didn't know how to explain it.

Pip
2005-Oct-26, 12:30 AM
My friend and I thought we saw a UFO at a football game once. Turns out it was lights on some power lines across town.

ufogirl
2006-Apr-18, 01:51 AM
To tell you the truth there has been sightings of E.T's years ago by Columbus. In his journals he states that he saw a serious of flying objects that came from out of the water and, seemed to glow like a lit candle. He states that he has seen them through out his jurney. Reserchers etc. have a prediction, that ufos may use water as a fuel source. That is why you usually see ufos huvering over water.

ufogirl
2006-Apr-18, 01:57 AM
There has been sightings of ufo's and uso's by columbus in his journal. He states more than one of these sightings over the cource of his travel across the world.

ufogirl
2006-Apr-18, 01:59 AM
sexyevilprincessfromhell@yahoo.com

grammiescatmeow@yahoo.com

Maksutov
2006-Apr-18, 05:50 AM
My one and only UFO experience was detailed in this post. (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=255809&postcount=43)

jkmccrann
2006-Apr-18, 07:31 AM
Something's weird, because I know I didn't start this thread - my post was a reply to another.

Weird, anway.......................

Daffy
2006-Apr-18, 02:21 PM
Saw one many years ago...in broad daylight. I have no evidence whatsoever that it was extraterretrial. But it was very weird, and I have never stopped wondering what it could have been.

Captain Kidd
2006-Apr-18, 04:03 PM
My father had a similar observation that he always wondered about. Working at a national park (in Minnesota I think, way before my time), he and quite a few other rangers saw a spherical object. He called up the local weather station to see if it was one of their balloons. However, they hadn't launched any for days, all were accounted for, and for the past several days the wind had been blowing such that the park was upwind so any launches wouldn't have flown over the park anyways.

After awhile everybody got tired of looking at ti float there and went about their business and nobody saw how it left.

He figured it was somebody else's weather or other use balloon, although he did spend some time trying to track down whose it would have been and came up empty. I think he was always very slightly wishful that it might have been of ET origin.

R.A.F.
2006-Apr-18, 04:36 PM
Something's weird, because I know I didn't start this thread...

No, you didn't start this thread, you bumped an existing thread...

...my post was a reply to another.

Sure of that, jkmccrann?? If memory serves (and it does), this is one of those old threads that had no posts that you decided to "bump".

You weren't replying to a post, you were replying to the title of this thread.

I can't believe that you don't remember...

NEOWatcher
2006-Apr-18, 06:27 PM
No, you didn't start this thread, you bumped an existing thread...
Sure of that, jkmccrann?? If memory serves (and it does), this is one of those old threads that had no posts that you decided to "bump".
You weren't replying to a post, you were replying to the title of this thread.
I can't believe that you don't remember...
Now you got me confused.:eh:
It's an old thread, but was bumped by ufo girl from 6 months ago.

I don't know who it is, but judging from the style of all 3 of her posts (in succession), and the names of the links on her third post, I would worry about following them.

2006-Apr-18, 07:20 PM
Now you got me confused.:eh:
It's an old thread, but was bumped by ufo girl from 6 months ago.

jkmccrann did the first resurrecting bump, which produced article #1 (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=585979&postcount=1). That was back in the day jkmccrann was thoughtlessly bumping lots and lots of old articles (and I'm glad that's over -- thanks). It was so old when it was first bumped, from pre-merger days, that the software had lost track of all articles, so jkmccrann's article became #1.

Then, after a few replies, it went idle again for many months until ufogirl jkmccrann'd it.

NEOWatcher
2006-Apr-18, 07:36 PM
snip
Then, after a few replies, it went idle again for many months until ufogirl jkmccrann'd it.
What made it confusing is that the first post actually has some substance to it... not the normal "me too" type reply that was classic for jkmccrann :doh:

2006-Apr-18, 09:53 PM
jkmccrann posted nearly 50 articles October 25. It was one of those days. It wasn't quite as memorable as October 21, at 90-plus articles, so awesome that I was inspired to start the Resurrecting Old Topics (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=33985) topic. Let's just say jk was in his resurrecting prime that week.

James_Digriz
2006-Apr-18, 10:17 PM
I once saw a UFO in a kitchen

It was an Unidentified Frying Object :lol:

Oh brother. Booooooooo! Boooooooooooooo! Shame on you! Bad dog! Bad dog!

Cookie
2006-Apr-18, 10:30 PM
Here's two pictures my brother and I made a while back that clearly show a UFO.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/lilly_collins/joeshomepage/photos_main_car_photo.jpg

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/lilly_collins/joeshomepage/photos_main_car_photo2.jpg

Unfortunately, it turns out that the UFO came from a small corner of the galaxy named Photoshop...

Num chucks pete
2006-Apr-30, 10:30 AM
i have seen something weird in the sky, two lines travelling slowly slowly across the horizon enough so to use my telescope to see what it was. it wasnt a plane , or a bird. was it an alien???

The skeptic
2006-Apr-30, 10:40 AM
No. It was Superman!

loglo
2006-Apr-30, 11:07 AM
No. It was Superman!
And Superwoman! ( as there were two streaks :D )

Here is one way to explain the odd movement of "balls of light". :-
http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s818193.htm

I like this particular example. It shows good science in action IMHO. They noticed a similarity between two different phenomena and posed a hypothesis which seemed to explain the results. They then tested the hypothesis and found it to correspond with reality. Simple really, I don't know why people say science is hard. :)

TrAI
2006-Apr-30, 11:17 AM
No. It was Superman!

Uhm... Then it would be an alien, wouldn't it?

The skeptic
2006-Apr-30, 11:23 AM
Uhm... Then it would be an alien, wouldn't it?

That's true...;) ;) ;)

MG1962A
2006-Apr-30, 09:49 PM
Well, dang, it turned out to be a Goodyear blimp with a new set of colored advertising lights installed on the side of it.

My big UFO observation was similar, and my reaction was "OMG did I say that"

Was standing on the patio with a friend, commanding views of the Sydney skyline maybe 20 miles away. A huge yellow light was gracefully drifting over the city skyline at night.

My friends asked, do you think thats a UFO?

I said maybe, if it is, undoubtedly we are going to read about it in the papers the next day.

For the record it turned out to be the Whitman's chocolate blimp with internal lighting lol

Weird Dave
2006-Apr-30, 10:06 PM
Well i have seen many strange objects around here where i live, although i can not exactly say that they where UFOs. One time i was outside looking up at the sky with my binoculars, And suddenly saw a strange light, it was like the relfecton that a flashlight lets off. Well to explain myself better i could see a circle of light with a beam reflecting from it . Its kind of hard to explain, but anyway that light started growing larger until it came to a certain size and then started to faint away little by little. I never knew what it was, but i am sure it was not an airplane because i live very close to the airport here and i am use to what the lights coming from an airplane looks like, and besides this thing wouldn´t move it just stayed still........

Titana...........
Could it have been an Iridium Flare?
http://satobs.org/iridium.html

Although they move - and you say yours was still?

I saw a bright flare in daylight once, that wasn't listed on Heavens-Above; I assume it was one of the faulty, tumbling satellites.

umop ap!sdn
2006-May-04, 08:46 PM
Some time last year I saw a strange light in the sky while looking out the window at my residence.

It was an odd point source, of a very strong green color, and it was quickly moving around in strange arcs, often abruptly changing direction. I ran to get a pair of binoculars, hoping it would not be gone when I got back, and fortunately it was still there. Through the binoculars the light seemed to be elongated, like a slit or a rod, and at an oblique angle. Looking closer, I could see against the dim backlight of the night sky (this was in a well lit area in a large city) that this small green light was part of a much larger object, dark in color, possibly triangular or wedge shaped, and also inclined at a strange angle. At this point I was understandably shaken. :eek:

The motion of this light seemed oddly familiar, but it took a minute to figure out what it was. Somebody must have taken one of those chemical lightsticks (the kind with the glass tube inside that you have to break to get the fluids to mix and light up) and affixed it to a kite, and they were flying the kite after dark. :D