PDA

View Full Version : First the Frog, Now the sheep

Sticks
2005-Jun-28, 05:08 AM
It seems that awful Crazy Frog has got some competition on the Ring Tone Market

See this link (http://www.golakes.co.uk/baarmysheep/)

So which do you prefer? :-?

paulie jay
2005-Jun-28, 05:11 AM
I think I'm the last person on earth who's phone just goes "ring ring"...

Enzp
2005-Jun-28, 05:14 AM
Geez, I am so far out of it I thought this thread was going to be about cloning. My phone is different, it has these wires, y'know, and it connects to a socket in the wall. Call me old fashioned, but nothing sounds more juvenile than a phone playing tunes.

mickal555
2005-Jun-28, 05:38 AM
I can not stand Crazy frog

Sticks
2005-Jun-28, 09:22 AM
I can not stand Crazy frog

Neither can your wallet

Crazy frog can be rather expensive See this link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4626517.stm)

WaxRubiks
2005-Jun-28, 10:44 AM
crazy frog reminds me of Majin Vegeta.

Swift
2005-Jun-28, 12:19 PM
Nope, there are two of us. :wink:

Glom
2005-Jun-28, 04:15 PM

No you're not. :D

Gillianren
2005-Jun-28, 05:15 PM
mine doesn't, but I'd like it better if it did. also if I could figure out how to get the stupid answering machine (second hand, no manual) to pick up after four rings instead of one.

Charlie in Dayton
2005-Jun-29, 12:40 AM
As one who fondly remember's ELP's version of "Jerusalem", I am of the opinion that these sheep should be rendered into chops, kebabs, curry, and sweaters instanter... :o

worzel
2005-Jun-29, 12:55 AM
So which do you prefer? :-?
Death.

Mine does too now. But back in the day when everyone had a Nokia 3330 with a limited range of monophonic ringtones and a composer I took pride in my personally transcribed and individualised ringtones.

Commerciallism ruins everything 8-[

Sticks
2005-Jun-29, 05:29 AM
Geez, I am so far out of it I thought this thread was going to be about cloning.

It might as well, when every one has the same ring tone, and a mobile phone goes off , everyone asks if it is theirs in unison. :roll:

My phone is different, it has these wires, y'know, and it connects to a socket in the wall. Call me old fashioned, but nothing sounds more juvenile than a phone playing tunes.

I remember hearing a mobile with a polyphonic ring tone of......

.... 1950's bakerlight telephone ](*,)

paulie jay
2005-Jun-29, 07:05 AM
Nope, there are two of us.

No you're not.

Mine does too now.
Ahh, then I'm much cheered to know that I'm not alone! I tell you, I'm so sick of hearing all these little jingles and ditties every time I'm in a crowd. And I'm a musician!

Maksutov
2005-Jun-29, 10:51 AM

No you're not.

Mine does too now.
Ahh, then I'm much cheered to know that I'm not alone! I tell you, I'm so sick of hearing all these little jingles and ditties every time I'm in a crowd. And I'm a musician!
Then there are five of us!

Just say NO! to ringtones!

(and rugs!)

Swift
2005-Jun-29, 12:38 PM
And it is not just mobile phones. At work we got a new phone system a few months ago that allows everyone to customize among about 25 ringtones. Actually, that is somewhat helpful - we have a bunch of offices around a common space, so you can figure out who's phone is ringing. But some of the ringtones are very annoying. The worst is one that is a woman's voice going "Are you there? Are you there?". We made him change it. :-?

Robert Andersson
2005-Jun-29, 09:08 PM

No you're not.

Mine does too now.
Then there are five of us!

Six!

Are we enough for a petition to ban these abominations?

Sticks
2005-Jun-30, 10:20 AM
Dum - Dum de Dum

Dum - Dum de Dum

Dum dee, Dum de dum dee
Dum dee, dum de dum dee

etc

I feel like we are in a cheap remake of the Magnificent 7 (http://www.discoverynet.com/~ajsnead/theme/midi/seveng.mid) :D

Conspiracy Cam
2005-Jun-30, 01:02 PM
Geez, I am so far out of it I thought this thread was going to be about cloning. My phone is different, it has these wires, y'know, and it connects to a socket in the wall. Call me old fashioned, but nothing sounds more juvenile than a phone playing tunes.

So did i. ROFLOL

I don't like the original crazy frog but the remixes are good.

Sticks
2005-Nov-30, 09:18 AM
Anyone fancy Roast Lamb for Christmas instead of Roast Turky :razz:

See this link (http://www.golakes.co.uk/xmasbaarmysheep)

Lianachan
2005-Nov-30, 09:43 AM
And it is not just mobile phones. At work we got a new phone system a few months ago that allows everyone to customize among about 25 ringtones. Actually, that is somewhat helpful - we have a bunch of offices around a common space, so you can figure out who's phone is ringing. But some of the ringtones are very annoying. The worst is one that is a woman's voice going "Are you there? Are you there?". We made him change it. :-?
Cisco perhaps? That is indeed an annoying ring "tone".

My mobile uses an mp3 of the theme tune to Rhubarb and Custard, which is a first rate little tune. I created my own ringtone which I use for certain contacts and which is not suitable for description on such a forum as this.

Egarim
2005-Nov-30, 11:10 AM
I think I'm probably one the 5 people on Earth who still don't have or even want a cell phone. Heck, I even keep my real phone on silent most the time. It makes people think I'm busier then I really am :shhh:

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Nov-30, 11:31 AM
Anyone fancy Roast Lamb for Christmas instead of Roast Turky :razz:

See this link (http://www.golakes.co.uk/xmasbaarmysheep)
OMG that tune was so annoying, never know ppl might still buy that. So much crap sells these days

Heid the Ba'
2005-Nov-30, 01:33 PM
My mobile is rarely switched on, when it is it rings with the tone it came with.

Mrs B and I watch a fair amount of european tv and love a German ringtone which seems to be a drunken elk singing a carol. It is better than I just made it sound. If I knew any German I would sign up just to buy it.

Donnie B.
2005-Nov-30, 01:40 PM
also if I could figure out how to get the stupid answering machine (second hand, no manual) to pick up after four rings instead of one.If you have the manufacturer's name and the model number, try going to their web site. Lots of product manuals are available online these days. Ah, our modern era... :razz:

Dark Jaguar
2005-Nov-30, 03:46 PM
I can't stand all these tunes, but worse than the tunes are the "jokes", like that frog. The thing about the "frog" is, well, there was a time when it was just a zany sound with no animal attached to it. Those idiots on those commercials just decided to add a CG animal to all the various funny sounds they just stole from the internet, and just pretend that's what it was intended to be all along.

Then there's this. What of those tones? I can just see someone listening to their custom ring tone while, on the other end, the caller is waiting through 10 or so rings and eventually just gives up.

A ring should be a ring. I don't mind if they customize it to a ding or that Star Trek communicator sound, but keep it a simple sound effect. No jokes, no music, no movie quotes. A simple sound.

Swift
2005-Nov-30, 04:56 PM
Cisco perhaps? That is indeed an annoying ring "tone".

THAT'S CORRECT! Johnny, tell us what they've won.... :clap:
;)

Lianachan
2005-Nov-30, 05:04 PM
THAT'S CORRECT! Johnny, tell us what they've won.... :clap:
;)

I know a little something about CallManager, for my sins.

Have I won something nice?

:)

pumpkinpie
2005-Nov-30, 05:20 PM
My favorite ring tone I've heard is on a friend's phone--it goes, "BLAH-blah blah blah." :D
I like customizable ring tones. It saves everyone from having to check their phones every time one in the room rings!!
But when I have my phone "on" me and I'm around other people, I keep it on vibrate so as not to bother others.

suntrack2
2005-Nov-30, 05:48 PM
can frog survives for a long time on the mars as compare to the other earth creatures?

Swift
2005-Nov-30, 06:13 PM
I know a little something about CallManager, for my sins.

Have I won something nice?

:)
My admiration for your insightfulness?
(I know, I know, you were hoping for a car, but our corporate sponsor pulled out at the last minute. :liar: )

Metricyard
2005-Nov-30, 09:10 PM
Six!

Are we enough for a petition to ban these abominations?

Toss in my vote. I refuse to own a cell phone. Why? Because I don't want to be found 24/7/52. If you want to find me, leave a message. I'll get back to you. Maybe.

I can't stand being at the movie theatre, concert, restaurant,etc and having those stupid little diddies come out of knowhere.

pumpkinpie
2005-Nov-30, 10:36 PM
My cell phone is my only line now. I live alone, so I pay my bill. I don't have a working computer, so I don't need a land line for internet. I don't talk a lot on the phone, so my minimal number of minutes is plenty. And my plan is cheaper than I'd pay for a land line with local and long distance, so I didn't bother getting one. It's nice to have when I'm traveling--I can make calls without being charged an arm and a leg byt hotel phone services. I also feel better having one when I'm driving alone--if my car breaks down I don't have to get out for help. I can make a call and stay safely in my car until help comes!

Like I said above, I'm not one of those bothersome people who interrupt other people's outings with their rings and phone calls. You can't lump all cell phone users into that group. Many are courteous!

Metricyard, remember that having a cell phone *doesn't* mean you can be found at any time! You can ignore the phone. Or leave it off. Then people will have to leave a message! It's up to you.

I have mine off 2/3 of the time even though it's my only personal line. I don't have it on at work or when I'm sleeping.

Hopefully, eventually the novelty will wear off and people will start to be more responsible cell phone users. :D

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-30, 10:37 PM
Ditto to what Pumpkinpie said.

You can't judge me just because I happen to own a cell phone.

Priscilla
2005-Nov-30, 10:57 PM
My vote: destroy them both.

LurchGS
2005-Nov-30, 10:57 PM
I think I'm probably one the 5 people on Earth who still don't have or even want a cell phone. Heck, I even keep my real phone on silent most the time. It makes people think I'm busier then I really am :shhh:

I make up for you. I carry 2 cell phones, a PDA, AND a pager. One cell just chirps up with "you've got a call".. the other I've configured to produce different rings depending upon who's calling. None of them are obnoxious (unless you are my wife and hear my phone ring the death march when she calls. I had to change that one). Just music, and NOT MIDI. I hate MIDI.

pumpkinpie
2005-Dec-01, 07:21 PM
My vote: destroy them both.

Both--as in me and lonewolf?? :eek:

Oh wait--you mean land lines and cell phones? :lol:

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-01, 07:32 PM
You aren't destroying my cell phone.

not only does it make me easy to contact for my family (which is good for changes of plans), and also makes my easier... but it also gives me easy access to the news as I'm on the bus. But hey, just because you happen to find a few people annoying, I guess that justifies getting rid of this valuable tool altogether.