PDA

View Full Version : Google spots Jesus in Peruvian sand dune

amstrad
2005-Jul-20, 03:18 PM
Forget your shower curtain, Phil, check this out:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/15/google_spots_jesus/

Gullible Jones
2005-Jul-20, 05:00 PM
Looks like a face if you stare at it a bit.. Bears no resemblance to Jesus, as he is usually depicted.

Normandy6644
2005-Jul-20, 05:29 PM
That's funny, someone sees a face in a satellite image and automatically it's Jesus.

Trebuchet
2005-Jul-20, 06:55 PM
Looks like James Randi to me!

Tranquility
2005-Jul-20, 07:00 PM
It kinda looks like Saruman from the LOtR movies. Certain angles...

Charlie in Dayton
2005-Jul-20, 08:24 PM
It looks a lot like Photoshop to me...

collegeguy
2005-Jul-22, 12:04 AM
They also talk about a conspiracy theory where a google map only shows the US, the UK, Central America and Cuba to say that in Bush's new world only those places will exist. Cuba? as an excuse to continue researching weapons. central america to have immigrants doing their cleaning jobs, Uk for its help and support of this country. :D

As for canada, we don't know why they are still there :lol:

This conspiracy theory is great, I should hand it to the conspiracy theorists of sherdog.com and see what "evidence" they will provide believing it is real. :lol:

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Jul-22, 12:37 AM
Heh. I found out about that a few days ago, and wrote a blog entry for it (http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/?p=97).

Lenin is still better.

Lianachan
2005-Jul-22, 12:53 AM
The picture is indeed a genuine image, it's not been tampered with. What it shows is the “Perfil de Jesucristo”, a man-made representation of Jesus.

I can't get any google hits in English about it to give you further info, though.

mickal555
2005-Jul-22, 01:11 AM
Looks like a pretty good face- but no jesus there....

Van Rijn
2005-Jul-22, 01:19 AM
Looks like a pretty good face[snip]

Well, maybe. I had to look at it for a bit. I don't think I would have noticed anything without the hint. The "nose" is severely broken, and I had to think about Gandolf before I understood where the hair was. I definitely don't see these things as often or as easily as some do.

W.F. Tomba
2005-Jul-22, 02:00 AM
The picture is indeed a genuine image, it's not been tampered with. What it shows is the “Perfil de Jesucristo”, a man-made representation of Jesus.

I can't get any google hits in English about it to give you further info, though.
Man-made?? Someone went out and painted the dirt black so as to look like Jesus? How do you know this? Please give us any information you have, in whatever language.

(If that's man-made, they didn't do such a hot job, did they?)

hippietrekx
2005-Jul-22, 03:21 AM
I don't see Jesus. I see Hulk Hogan. :o

--hippie

Gramma loreto
2005-Jul-22, 10:56 PM
I see a slight resemblance to the face on the shroud of Turin. However, if I hadn't heard what it was supposed to resemble, I can't say if I'd see it the same way or not.

Man-made? Wow. That'd be a big project with it being about 2½ x 4½ miles in size.