PDA

View Full Version : New add using Mars

MG1962A
2005-Jul-26, 08:14 PM
A local beer company has begun running a really interesting...and suprisingly good astronomy add.

Opens with shots of a Lander entering the atmosphere, finally comming to rest among it's cluster of balloon things.

We cut to NASA guys high fiving and jumping for joy as the rover deploys.

Their faces are laced with panic as suddenly the rover stops following its mission profile and begins to deploy a series of devices for an experiement.

Suddenly we a faced with a small bar, complete with a frothing glass of beer sitting on it and the name of the beer supplied by a neon flashing sign.

The mission controller looks to the rover operator - who simply smiles back and says. "Now we wait" lol

CalabashCorolla
2005-Jul-29, 04:45 AM
That's awesome :D

Reminds me of that Diet Pepsi ad last year where the MER operator falls asleep and the next thing he knows, the "alarm" on the Rover is going off and little green men are running off with the Rover's wheels =D>

MG1962A
2005-Jul-29, 04:57 AM
I remember an add a few years a go. Viking lander hits the ground, right in the middle of a bustling martian city.

When the Martian's see the thing, they go to their high speed colour printer and start producing images of a desert wasteland to hold in front of the probe.

The point being. No matter how fast the operators moved the camera. The colour printer could produce images to hold in front of it. Thus back on on Earth we assumed Mars was a dead world

MG

Cugel
2005-Jul-29, 09:56 AM
Sounds very familiar...

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=467829&highlight=heineken#467829

This phenomena is what we call: 'To be Toseeked'.
Sooner or later it happens to all of us....

jt-3d
2005-Jul-29, 11:28 AM
Sounds very familiar...

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=467829&highlight=heineken#467829

This phenomena is what we call: 'To be Toseeked'.
Sooner or later it happens to all of us....

I knew I'd seen the thing but I didn't know it was linked here. The BA forum force is strong with this one.

MG1962A
2005-Jul-30, 08:25 PM
Yes lol that is the add. Interesting the voice over has been adjusted in our version - no mention of the rover controller being Dutch - What impressed me (Aside from the 8 wheels) The whole landing sequence is very good.

But clearly it is a fake...They didn't get the shadows right either, and why cant I see stars during the final section [-X

Graham2001
2005-Jul-31, 02:14 AM
I remember an add a few years a go. Viking lander hits the ground, right in the middle of a bustling martian city.

When the Martian's see the thing, they go to their high speed colour printer and start producing images of a desert wasteland to hold in front of the probe.

The point being. No matter how fast the operators moved the camera. The colour printer could produce images to hold in front of it. Thus back on on Earth we assumed Mars was a dead world

MG

I remember that one too, it was for Epsom, I think and actually had a pretty good reproduction of Sojourner, though the camera shown was a video camera and not the CCDs actually used.

There's also the car ad, that is clearly set in the outback. At least until the car drives past an MER lookalike...

Gemini
2005-Jul-31, 04:19 AM
Sound s like a Jeep commercial I saw once. This guy is loading a mars rover onto a Saturn V and it falls off the gantry and splatters into a million peices, so the guy gets his Jeep Liberty ( apparently a manned mission) and parks it in the payload section. The rocket launches and the technician has a satisfied grin on his face.

MG1962A
2005-Jul-31, 09:40 PM
There's also the car ad, that is clearly set in the outback. At least until the car drives past an MER lookalike...

I actually thought that was a pretty lame add. Funny first time around....but?

For those who have not seen it - A family is trying to find a lake to launch their boat on. The drive over this hill to find exactly what they are looking for

Scene cuts to NASA with scientists grinding their teeth over the fact their probe couldn't find water but this amazingly well built motor car (That obviously can handle any environment) Had found what they are look for.

Scene cuts to a close up - "How we gonna explain this to the President" asks one of the NASA crew.

There is another add playing now. Features Buzz Aldrin talking about the relience on technology to get to the Moon, then extrapolates that relience into the particular brand of car he is selling. Again not a great add, but anything that puts space exploration in front of the general public is a good thing in my book

MG