PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle interview with me at 3:00 Pacific time

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Jul-26, 09:06 PM
I just got a call from Paul Harris; I'll be on his radio show on KMOX in St. Louis around 3:00 p.m. Pacific time to talk about the Shuttle. Tune in here (http://www.harrisonline.com/).

Donnie B.
2005-Jul-26, 10:16 PM
Wow, perfect timing... I just turned on the live feed... here you are!

Edited to add: nice, clear description of the launch and debris issue. I think you're getting more comfortable in front of the camera/mike as you gain experience.

Wolverine
2005-Jul-26, 10:27 PM
Doh! I was hypnotized by NASA TV and came into the show late, listening now though.

Donnie B.
2005-Jul-26, 10:28 PM
You don't speak for NASA?? Hah!

Everybody knows that you're a paid disinformation agent... :wink:

Donnie B.
2005-Jul-26, 10:31 PM
Good job, Phil.

I like this Paul Harris guy; I'd never heard of him before. Gotta love a broadcaster who says he's going to TAM-IV!

Sticks
2005-Jul-27, 05:12 AM
I just went there and they have a recording of the interview on the site, which was quite good to listen to.

BTW where can I see and possibly download that footage taken from the external fuel tank as it fell away from the shuttle?

kucharek
2005-Jul-27, 05:20 AM
BTW where can I see and possibly download that footage taken from the external fuel tank as it fell away from the shuttle?

http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/main/index.html at the lower right.

Harald

Sticks
2005-Jul-27, 08:18 AM
Our works PC don't allow streaming Real player to work :cry:

mickal555
2005-Jul-27, 09:47 AM
I'm listening now :)

I love theses recorded ones :D

Champion_Munch
2005-Jul-27, 09:59 AM
Nice. :)

with regards

Jorge
2005-Jul-27, 11:30 AM
phil is getting very active with podcasts lately eh?
latest SA Chit-Chat and this, and the seti one not so long ago

mickal555
2005-Jul-27, 11:44 AM
Podcasts rock! :D

R.A.F.
2005-Jul-27, 04:36 PM
It was very interesting to hear the BA's thoughts on the manned space program. Good show!

side note...I hate dial-up...it took me 93 minutes to download 13 minutes of audio! :roll:

Jorge
2005-Jul-27, 04:44 PM
Podcasts rock! :D

they do indeed, maybe we should start a BABB podcast.

Catch Line: For BABB members, By BABB member to eliminated all stupidity ;)

pumpkinpie
2005-Jul-27, 07:46 PM
It was very interesting to hear the BA's thoughts on the manned space program. Good show!

side note...I hate dial-up...it took me 93 minutes to download 13 minutes of audio! :roll:

Is there a transcript anywhere? That would be nice for recorded bits all over the web, because not everyone has easy access to listening/viewing.

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Jul-27, 09:44 PM
Edited to add: nice, clear description of the launch and debris issue. I think you're getting more comfortable in front of the camera/mike as you gain experience.

First, thanks! Second, I've been doing this for a few years now. I have some good days and some bad ones. Yesterday I was particularly lucid. I did a local TV news show, and thought it came out coherent as well. 8)

Donnie B.
2005-Jul-28, 11:34 AM

First, thanks! Second, I've been doing this for a few years now. I have some good days and some bad ones. Yesterday I was particularly lucid. I did a local TV news show, and thought it came out coherent as well. 8)
Keep taking those vitamins... :wink: :P