PDA

View Full Version : One less anti-Apple Argument

Dark Helmet
2005-Aug-03, 07:39 AM
Apple seems to be stealing the clips from their heters. Even now with the, ahem......

MIGHTY MOUSE! (http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/)

A 4 button, 4 axis mouse(2 scoll axes) from Apple.

sarongsong
2005-Aug-03, 08:43 AM
...PC-compatible...Cool---especially if the BACKSPACE and ENTER keys can be programmed in.

Gullible Jones
2005-Aug-03, 10:58 AM
Now that is a really cool, innovative mouse. :lol:

Seriously, I've wondered for a while why I haven't seen any mice with 2-way scroll wheels... Would work perfectly if you had a little bit of resistance along both axes.

Kristophe
2005-Aug-03, 11:10 AM
Meh. I'll stick with mine (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=9043) for the time being. I'm going to hug it, and squeeze it, and call it George.

Gullible Jones
2005-Aug-03, 11:21 AM
Oh... maybe the new Mac mouse is not so innovative. :lol:

Gillianren
2005-Aug-03, 08:50 PM
hmmm . . . d'you think I could convince my boyfriend that the savings on batteries would be enough to make up for the price tag on that thing?

Bilateralrope
2005-Aug-03, 09:08 PM
I'll stick with my mouse. 5 buttons, 2 wheels (up/down andleft/right scrolling). I bought it a few years ago. And the buttons are simple buttons, not the senseing technology that the mac mouse must use

Gullible Jones
2005-Aug-03, 09:13 PM
Sensing technology? No... Probably just buttons with a flexible plastic cover.

tbm
2005-Aug-03, 09:45 PM
Hmmmm. I've become quite accustomed to the one button and the command key............

Why oh why must they complicate things so?

:lol:

Regards, tbm

mickal555
2005-Aug-04, 01:08 AM
Hmmm

the mouse is turning back into the joystick...

hippietrekx
2005-Aug-04, 03:38 AM
Hmmm

the mouse is turning back into the joystick...

My uncle had to run his computer with a joystick for a few weeks not long ago. One of his kids poured juice on the mouse. #-o He's a whiz at computers so he took the gaming joystick and made it into a temporary mouse. I never saw a cursor zip across the screen faster... :o

I think I'll just stick with my 1024 x 786, so there's no horizontal screenings, and my track-ball mouse with scroll bar, left/right buttons, and forward/back buttons for internet usage. :D

I can barely use a standard mouse anymore. I put my hand on it an move my thumb and nothing happens! Then I realize I had to move my entire hand. And then I kept on inadvertantly clicking on links I didn't want to on the net thinking I was hitting the back button. #-o

Computer class was torture. I'm glad I'm through with that.

--hippie

Bilateralrope
2005-Aug-04, 04:43 AM
Hmmmm. I've become quite accustomed to the one button and the command key............

Why oh why must they complicate things so?

:lol:

Regards, tbm

I've heard elsewhere that a reason they are not using a system of seperate buttons is because of people who can't handle 2 buttons, so this can operate as an expensive 1 button mouse