PDA

View Full Version : Very Bad Cameraperson

Superluminal
2005-Aug-04, 02:22 AM
I was just watching one of those "Funny Live News Bloopers" shows. Picture an obviously empty launch pad at Canaveral. In the background you hear the loud speaker: 10, 9, 8, 7, ignition, 3, 2, 1, solid rocket boosters, liftoff of STS... Suddnely someone yells "Oh #$% your pointing at the wrong one." The camera starts swing around wildly, finally there, well up into the sky is the shuttle. #-o How could someone get a job as a camera man and not know the differance between an empty launch pad, and one with a shuttle on it?

Musashi
2005-Aug-04, 02:31 AM
Maybe he thought it launched from an underground silo? :)

mickal555
2005-Aug-04, 03:10 AM
I was just watching one of those "Funny Live News Bloopers" shows. Picture an obviously empty launch pad at Canaveral. In the background you hear the loud speaker: 10, 9, 8, 7, ignition, 3, 2, 1, solid rocket boosters, liftoff of STS... Suddnely someone yells "Oh #$% your pointing at the wrong one." The camera starts swing around wildly, finally there, well up into the sky is the shuttle. #-o How could someone get a job as a camera man and not know the differance between an empty launch pad, and one with a shuttle on it?Oh my god- I was caking myself after reading this!

Maksutov
2005-Aug-04, 04:19 AM
I was just watching one of those "Funny Live News Bloopers" shows. Picture an obviously empty launch pad at Canaveral. In the background you hear the loud speaker: 10, 9, 8, 7, ignition, 3, 2, 1, solid rocket boosters, liftoff of STS... Suddnely someone yells "Oh #$% your pointing at the wrong one." The camera starts swing around wildly, finally there, well up into the sky is the shuttle. #-o How could someone get a job as a camera man and not know the differance between an empty launch pad, and one with a shuttle on it?Oh my god- I was caking myself after reading this!
Must be one of those upside down cakes! (http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/pineapupsidecake.htm)

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/3295/upsidedowncake6sn.gif

hippietrekx
2005-Aug-04, 04:24 AM
Must be one of those upside down cakes! (http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/pineapupsidecake.htm)

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/3295/upsidedowncake6sn.gif

:lol: Poor mickal. It's a good thing he's got a good sense of humor! :)

--hippie

paulie jay
2005-Aug-04, 07:36 AM
I think Mickal meant "cacking"... :lol:

Heid the Ba'
2005-Aug-04, 11:16 AM
I thought that was just a Scots expression! :D Of course, the way mickal spells maybe he was "casking" himself!

Donnie B.
2005-Aug-04, 12:11 PM
Back to the OP: could the whole thing have been done deliberately, as a joke?

I remember a few years ago there was something similar that involved a building demolition. Several blocks away, someone shot a short film that was timed so the explosion and collapse happened as part of the story line.

NEOWatcher
2005-Aug-04, 12:25 PM
Back to the OP: could the whole thing have been done deliberately, as a joke?

I remember a few years ago there was something similar that involved a building demolition. Several blocks away, someone shot a short film that was timed so the explosion and collapse happened as part of the story line.
I agree, when video blooper shows gave prizes out for the funniest, the videos were getting more and more staged. By eliminating the prizes, I think they're getting back to true bloopers (although some of the staged ones are amusing).
In fact, I vaguely remember that implosion video.