PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded dihydrodgen monoxide rears it's ugly head again

hewhocaves
2005-Aug-10, 04:32 AM
This time in the form of a spray :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791782530

Oh, when will the federal government ban it's use???

John

PS: an aquaintance pointed me to the sale. Sad to think someone will buy it thinking its a miracle product. Well, you know what they say

"Cave at Emptor."

One of these days i need to find the town of "Emptor". :lol:

Trivial Pursuit
2005-Aug-10, 05:21 AM
It's not so much more expensive than the bottled version, and you get a nifty spray bottle to. :o

Look at the very bottom of the auction, I wonder what the 1% secret ingredient is.

Just noticed...I don't see any numbers where it says "NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!!!" =D>

Gillianren
2005-Aug-10, 05:34 AM
it's even funnier if you can read the Spanish, which I mostly can. (hey, I haven't taken a class in it in years, and it's not used much around here.)

"Esto es muy malo. No trabaja. Me engañan!" -Toraidio Smith, Tijuana

I'm not sure about the third sentence, but it starts, "this is very bad. it doesn't work."

Bilateralrope
2005-Aug-10, 06:49 AM
Just noticed...I don't see any numbers where it says "NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!!!" =D>

there are some 20's

azazul
2005-Aug-10, 06:56 AM
I'm not sure about the third sentence
This is what babel fish translation gave.

They deceive to me.

mickal555
2005-Aug-10, 07:01 AM
It's a joke :D

Cleverly done 8)

I like the testimols:

"I really didn't think it would work, but now I'm a believer. I just ordered another case of WiFi Speed Spray™ and I recommend it to all of my friends." - Ted Smith, New York

"A perfect holiday gift for everyone on your list." - Todd Smith, Los Angeles

"It's an amazing product, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who has a computer or would like to have a computer." -Tina Smith, Chicago

"Esto es muy malo. No trabaja. Me engañan!" -Toraidio Smith, Tijuana

"I can't believe it. Now my FM radio even sounds better!" -Theresa Smith, Miami

"A few sprays, and we're talking 18 Mps each way! Whoah!" -Tim Smith, Seattle

Trivial Pursuit
2005-Aug-10, 07:25 AM
Yes I noticed the Smiths as well. It is the most common name in the US...perhaps it's just one giant coincidince :D .

And btw, everyone knows 20 isn't a number....

Enzp
2005-Aug-10, 07:40 AM
I called my sister once and told her my house was tested and they found DIhydrogen Monoxide in it. She was very concerned and asked if we needed a place to stay while they took care of it. I told her we would be OK, it was only in certain fairly well contained areas.

mid
2005-Aug-10, 08:59 AM
Yes I noticed the Smiths as well.

Really? I'm sorry; I didn't realise my iPod was up that loud (seriously, I had 'Hand In Glove' playing when I read that).

Meteora
2005-Aug-10, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure about the third sentence
This is what babel fish translation gave.

They deceive to me.

Silly fish. :D

We'd say, "they deceived me," or "they fooled me." <-- Equivalent, but not literal translation.

Paul Beardsley
2005-Aug-10, 11:25 AM
Yes I noticed the Smiths as well.

Really? I'm sorry; I didn't realise my iPod was up that loud (seriously, I had 'Hand In Glove' playing when I read that).
Groan! :lol:

Maha Vailo
2005-Aug-10, 11:41 AM
So, if this is a spray for a WiFi network, where do you spray it?

- Maha "water under the :-? " Vailo

John Kierein
2005-Aug-10, 12:24 PM
So, if this is a spray for a WiFi network, where do you spray it?

- Maha "water under the :-? " Vailo
Into the air on a rainy day.

hewhocaves
2005-Aug-10, 01:05 PM
As your computer sends data, each bit also carries hundreds of invisible WiFi Speed Spray™ "scrubbing" molecules. It works at the speed of light.

Personally, I love how WiFi transmission waves move at the speed of light and are able to carry particles of spray along with them, as well!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I belive we've solved our warp problem. We need to affix one one of these to the front of all our starships!!!

John

PS: by hte way, if pressed, I suspoect the *secret* 1% of the bottle is either hydrodgen hydroxide, hydric acid or possibly the straw.

jfribrg
2005-Aug-10, 01:58 PM
Look at the very bottom of the auction, I wonder what the 1% secret ingredient is.
Maybe its a slice of lemon like they do when you get the same product at a fancy restaurant

montebianco
2005-Aug-10, 02:01 PM
Personally, I love how WiFi transmission waves move at the speed of light and are able to carry particles of spray along with them, as well!!!

Wow. And I thought the winter wind off Lake Michigan was harsh, I can only imagine walking near a WiFi transmitter with those things zipping about...

Eoanthropus Dawsoni
2005-Aug-10, 02:07 PM
I am surprised that he does not advertise the product on C2C.

Humphrey
2005-Aug-10, 04:43 PM
Tisk..tisk..tisk. The obvious 1% ingredient is the small amount of Oxygen, Nitrogen, and other air molecvules stuck at the top of the bottle during the super secret Tap water filling process.

Trivial Pursuit
2005-Aug-10, 06:53 PM
Tisk..tisk..tisk. The obvious 1% ingredient is the small amount of Oxygen, Nitrogen, and other air molecvules stuck at the top of the bottle during the super secret Tap water filling process.

I like the straw idea better..heh.

BUT, perhaps the 1% secret ingredient is actually the impurities in the tap water...

tracer
2005-Aug-10, 08:51 PM
If the entire 1% is tap water impurities, that's awfully impure tap water.

hewhocaves
2005-Aug-10, 08:57 PM

reminds me of a stream in a cave I was in around Memorial Day weekend. I believe the technical term was "biologially rich".

The stream came right out of a manure dump. Yum!

Trivial Pursuit
2005-Aug-12, 03:30 AM

Shall we call it mud? Hehe.

mickal555
2005-Aug-13, 01:49 PM
I'd suggest that the 1% doesn't exsist and is just water like the rest of it...

That would mean that they are lying though...

nah, they wouldn't do that- must be something else... :roll: