PDA

View Full Version : How can you patent your theory?

username24
2005-Aug-10, 05:37 AM
I have a theory and I want to patent it under my name.

How can I do that.

What is the address to contact.

This is the theory: "There are 23 earth like planets out there in the universe of universes." said by me in the year 2005, you are my witness that this theory belongs to me.

I trust you guys not to steal [-X my above theory, thanks indeed, appreciate it. :D :D

Champion_Munch
2005-Aug-10, 05:51 AM

How can I do that.

What is the address to contact.

This is the theory: "There are 23 earth like planets out there in the universe of universes." said by me in the year 2005, you are my witness that this theory belongs to me.

I trust you guys not to steal [-X my above theory, thanks indeed, appreciate it. :D :D

DOH! My theory was really similar...except I had 22 Earth-like planets. #-o

Oh btw, good job on discovering the emoticons on the left. ;)

with regards

Mosheh Thezion
2005-Aug-10, 05:58 AM
i also have a theory, and it boils down to the following.
you are all witnesses, to this and my other posts.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3281/bcoverrrr1by.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcoverrrr1by.jpg)
-MT

kucharek
2005-Aug-10, 06:00 AM

That's a guess, not a theory.

2005-Aug-10, 06:01 AM

United States Patent and Trademark Office: What is a patent? (http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/doc/general/index.html#patent)

There are three types of patents:

1) Utility patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof;

2) Design patents may be granted to anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of manufacture; and

3) Plant patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers and asexually reproduces any distinct and new variety of plant.

So, is your theory a new process, machine, or composition of matter; an ornamental design; or a plant?

azazul
2005-Aug-10, 06:05 AM
And you might want to be more specific about what an "earth like planet" is.

username24
2005-Aug-10, 07:30 AM

Thanks for conglatuting me for my discovery, thanks indeed, thank you very much, you are one of a kind, good job buddy. By conglating me, you increased my self esteem, now I can make more disvoveries.

username24
2005-Aug-10, 07:48 AM
Now I would like to prove my theory.

You might ask, how did I come up with the number 23.

You all know that there is one planet earth for sure, this does not need proving, because it is self proved.

Now, we have 22 more planets to prove.

This is the method I used to calculate the other 22 earth like planets.

On average we have at least one solar system per galaxy.

Now, since we have at least 100 billion galaxies in our universe, then we should have at least 100 billion solar systems.

Now we now that 1 planet does exist in this universe that has at least 100 billion galaxies.

Now, there should be at least one earth like planet per universe.

Now, since there are at least 100 billion universes in a bigger univer.

Then there should be at least 22 planets.

The theory does not end here....Since there is at least 100 billion universe of universes in still a bigger universe....This goes on until 67 more levels before it stops.

I don't time other wise I could prove there are more than 67 level of universe of universes of universe upword. The same works down word when you start breaking the atoms into half 67 times of levels.

But anyways to make the long story short when you add 22 proved earth like planets to 1 planet, then the total should be 23 earth like planets at this time of the universes of universes of universes of universes of universes up and down.

Please, do not hesistate to ask me anything should you have any doubts about anything, I mean anything.

Thanks indeed.

Mosheh Thezion
2005-Aug-10, 08:00 AM

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3281/bcoverrrr1by.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bcoverrrr1by.jpg)
-MT

ok now im thinking copy rights.!
-MT

Archer17
2005-Aug-10, 08:03 AM
.. Please, do not hesistate to ask me anything should you have any doubts about anything, I mean anything.What do they call a "username" that yanks our chains? :-k

Archer17
2005-Aug-10, 08:06 AM

-MT

ok now im thinking copy rights.!
-MTHate to break this to you, but decorative place-mats were already "discovered." Ever consider New Age art?

Champion_Munch
2005-Aug-10, 08:27 AM

Thanks for conglatuting me for my discovery, thanks indeed, thank you very much, you are one of a kind, good job buddy. By conglating me, you increased my self esteem, now I can make more disvoveries.

Ummm....I really hope you're not serious. 8-[

You all know that there is one planet earth for sure, this does not need proving, because it is self proved.

Conglatuations, looks like you've already made another bold discovery. ;)

On average we have at least one solar system per galaxy.

We do? From my knowledge, astronomers know of at least 100 already. I'm sure that more than 50% of star systems have planets (I'm assuming that is what you mean by "solar system"), far less just 1 per galaxy. #-o

Now, since we have at least 100 billion galaxies in our universe, then we should have at least 100 billion solar systems.

By saying 'at least' I guess you can't really be wrong...

Now we now that 1 planet does exist in this universe that has at least 100 billion galaxies.

Oops! You forgot to add in the word "at least" before "1 planet." Guess that kinda throws off everything else your about to say.

Now, there should be at least one earth like planet per universe.

Now, since there are at least 100 billion universes in a bigger univer.

Then there should be at least 22 planets.

You're kidding, right? Where is the sense in that...I can't see any relation to those 3 statements at all.

The theory does not end here....Since there is at least 100 billion universe of universes in still a bigger universe....This goes on until 67 more levels before it stops.

Just 67 times? Gee, that doesn't sound like enough to me. [-(

I don't time other wise I could prove there are more than 67 level of universe of universes of universe upword. The same works down word when you start breaking the atoms into half 67 times of levels.

I ... see.... :-?

Apart from nearly every aspect of your hypothesis being ridiculous to downright stupid, what you have compiled involves a thought process similar to that it took for me to eat my sadwitch for lunch today. None of the maths adds up properly, none of what you have said is even remotely based upon any scientific observations (or even what would appear to be general knowledge...) - and most importantly, it's not something anyone would bother to patent. It's just a theory, similar to my theory that your strange idea won't get past this thread, except when I tell it in joke style to my mates tomorrow.

with regards

azazul
2005-Aug-10, 08:41 AM
I was basically going to say what champion_munch said above.

There are 23 earth like planets out there in the universe of universes.
Your "proof" seems to me to show at least 23 earth like planets, but your statement in the OP seems to imply exactly 23 earth like planets. I will also ask again, what specifically is an "earth like planet"?

Ara Pacis
2005-Aug-10, 09:12 AM
You can print and publish a theory or even a hodge podge of gibberish and get it copyrighted, but you can't get a patent on it unless it meets the definition of patentable as mentioned above.

Jens
2005-Aug-10, 09:22 AM
There is a story about patenting; I should be able to say I stole it from the Hitchiker's Guide, but no, it's actually my own.

Einstein patented the GR. He demanded that the universe pay him a royalty for using his theory, but got no response. Outraged, he refused to allow its use, and POOF, the speed of light became random and the universe collapsed into a space-time contradiction. End of story.

- or -

Adam got a bright idea and patented the idea that God existed. God got real angry, and smote Adam. End of story.

:D

mickal555
2005-Aug-10, 12:12 PM
what you have compiled involves a thought process similar to that it took for me to eat my sadwitch for lunch today

You tried to chuck a eaten sandwich at the ground hoping it would appear through a scab in your mouth and be reabsorbed through your foot?

wow....

grant hutchison
2005-Aug-10, 03:02 PM
I have a theory and I want to patent it under my name.On a point of terminology, you don't have a "theory". A theory is a self-consistent model that has been tested and supported by observation. You don't even have a hypothesis, which is a model that has yet to be tested. You might have a conjecture, which is science-speak for an educated guess, except that your idea is so far short of being scientifically falsifiable that it fall into the "not even wrong" category. :)

Grant Hutchison

Saluki
2005-Aug-10, 04:27 PM
I hope that each and every person who is poking fun at poor young UN24 gets a personalized chastizement from W. F. Toomba just like I did. I have no idea who W. F. Toomba is. He might be an alias for UN24, but he certainly cares about UN24's feelings.

NEOWatcher
2005-Aug-10, 04:46 PM
You can print and publish a theory or even a hodge podge of gibberish and get it copyrighted, but you can't get a patent on it unless it meets the definition of patentable as mentioned above.

Just mail it to yourself (http://www.snopes.com/legal/postmark.asp)

Snip
what you have compiled involves a thought process similar to that it took for me to eat my sadwitch for lunch today.

I'd be sad too if I had magical powers but were to be eaten.

8) (Just a little more hit and run)

Champion_Munch
2005-Aug-10, 11:15 PM
what you have compiled involves a thought process similar to that it took for me to eat my sadwitch for lunch today.

I'd be sad too if I had magical powers but were to be eaten.

Oh don't worry, I didn't really eat her. ;)

with regards

stanhbaker
2005-Sep-06, 12:07 AM
How can I do that. You can't.
Write a book about it and you can hold the copyright to the book!