PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Space Commercialization

Fraser
2003-Jul-12, 03:42 AM
Use this forum to discuss making money from space.

CyndiPooh
2003-Jul-16, 09:13 AM
These guys seem to have the right idea!
Link1 (http://www.eclipticenterprises.com)

Link 2 (http://www.starship2040.com/about.html)

I really like the 2nd link to Starship 2040.

I used to have a link to a man that is building a rocket and has his own launchsite on his property but I have lost it.

I think one of the first venture should be in the Adventure business! You'd never ride another rollercoaster if you could blast staight up propelled by a rocket and comeback down via glider or water slashdown!

Ange Kenos
2003-Jul-17, 06:47 AM
:rolleyes:
Hi, I am one of the founders of the Victorian Space Science Education Centre, in Australia. This innovative educational facility will be the first of its type in the Southern Hemisphere and we are lucky to have government funding.

But that funding is limited and if we are to offer students the VERY best, we need to source other avenues.

Any ideas?

A T Kenos

thomastech
2003-Jul-25, 05:59 AM
Hello Ange,

Please read my post in"Other Stories"..."Hug an Astronaut"

This might give you some ideas & I would not be afraid to contact NASA to see if they can help!

Good Day! :)

imported_Draco
2003-Aug-05, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ange Kenos@Jul 17 2003, 06:47 AM
:rolleyes:
Hi, I am one of the founders of the Victorian Space Science Education Centre, in Australia. This innovative educational facility will be the first of its type in the Southern Hemisphere and we are lucky to have government funding.

But that funding is limited and if we are to offer students the VERY best, we need to source other avenues.

Any ideas?

A T Kenos
Hey Ange so the Victorian Space Science Education Centre is a University? I live in Brisbane and am interested in Astronomy. You guys do offer Astronomy as a course? <_<

Locke
2003-Aug-23, 07:23 PM
HAHAHA-When I was little someone told me that they were going to build a billboard in space that took up the entire sky. I was soooo mad. :lol: :lol:

Locke

MarQ
2003-Sep-13, 07:12 PM
I&#39;m surprised that we don&#39;t see more Pizza Hut and Pepsi logos on the side or rockets. And how about putting advetising stickers on the Shuttles like NASCAR...NASACAR&#33; And, of course, you have the astronauts space suit covered with patches from Taco Bell, Sony and Goody&#39;s Headache Powders&#33; I think Russia has beat us to that...

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-16, 01:09 AM
NO Italian food?

Manchurian Taikonaut
2004-May-18, 04:17 AM
SPACE TAXI CABS DRIVERS, SOLAR SAILORS AND ASTRO TRUCKERS TO BECOME THE FUTURE OF THE SPACE ECONOMY AND SPACE COMMERCIALIZATION &#33;>?

YES&#33;&#33;&#33; Finally&#33; It&#39;s a shame NASA isn&#39;t getting involved in this, although suggestions are being made that a modified space tug could be used to move the Hubble to the ISS.

Can the Space Tugs be reused? The story seemed to indicate that they would be merely addons to existing satelites so that those can continue maintaining orbit.

Could they be used to clean up space debris? There are lots of big satelites that long ago went out of commission, but are still zipping around the Earth.
Orbital Recovery has signed a long term contract with Arianespace to launch five of its space tugs as secondary payloads on future Ariane 5 launches. The ConeXpress Orbital Life Extension Vehicles (CX OLEV) will dock with satellites in geostationary orbit which are running out of fuel and take over the process of station keeping, which keeps the satellite in position and pointed at the same spot on the Earth. This will allow satellite operators to continue getting revenue from an otherwise perfectly functioning spacecraft.

The first ones are just attachments to satillites that have run, or are running, out of fuel. Further advancements include tugs that can capture and deorbit relic satillites, station keepers and reusable tugs, and tugs that can do things like service the Hubble.

Very neat stuff&#33;

While doing my own marketing research, I encountered the following publication.
In an effort to help stimulate the thought processes of the entrepreneurial minds…
… I thought this might help… :D

© European Space Agency. All rights reserved.

Feature
Space - a new marketing territory for sports equipment
The Station is a brand new marketing territory. The high level of visibility of the Station and interest in the project as it develops offers an opportunity to link in and catch the imagination of the public. There have been many examples of companies using associations with space in marketing promotions in the past. But this opportunity is unique.
The eyes of the world will be on the Station as it develops and contributes to society. It will be a continuing story of the triumph of human endeavour in conquering the difficulties of living and working for long periods in space. We will all eventually benefit from the contribution that this outpost in space can make to improve the lives of ordinary people back on earth through the research and development that happens on board.

The opportunity exists for companies to associate their name with one of the biggest achievements in our time. The range of possible business activities is immense and is perhaps only limited by the imagination. Here are a few examples:

Sponsorship
Companies may be interested in supporting the research on the International Space Station because the mission of the Station, to improve the quality of life on Earth, is matching their mission to provide quality to their customers. With this association such companies associate their image to the Station’s space research in front of the European public.

Products
Some companies have shown an interest in adding value to their products by having them working in space. However, to achieve this, a product must be rigorously tested to ensure its suitability and safety for space travel. Only products of exceptional quality are likely to pass the tests and receive the coveted "Space Proved" accreditation.

Entertainment/Education
The Space Station could provide an opportunity for a broadcaster to transmit from space. Other possibilities may be teaching lessons transmitted from Space Station by TV networks, or support to film productions, images from space of the earth or even art from space.

Media and Media Services
Media services will be necessary to support many of the non-research related activities associated with the Station. Media associated with the Station could be a whole business in itself with the potential for CDs, web site links, that make use of this theme and location.
Web Site (http://www.esa.int/export/esaHS/ESACI91VMOC_iss_0.html) ;)

John L
2004-May-19, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MarQ@Sep 13 2003, 07:12 PM
I&#39;m surprised that we don&#39;t see more Pizza Hut and Pepsi logos on the side or rockets. And how about putting advetising stickers on the Shuttles like NASCAR...NASACAR&#33; And, of course, you have the astronauts space suit covered with patches from Taco Bell, Sony and Goody&#39;s Headache Powders&#33; I think Russia has beat us to that...
NASA can&#39;t. Its against the law. If we want to have sponsors and logos on our gear then Congress needs to change the laws prohibiting it.

StarLab
2004-Jun-16, 09:00 PM
Aww, come on, partypooper&#33; If sports and hollywood can do it, why can&#39;t a gov&#39;t affiliation do it? It&#39;d get more press and more youngsters interested in space exploration&#33;