PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Bjarne
2003-Jul-16, 01:10 AM
Greetings fellow travellers!

I just wanted to let you know that after a short time I have climbed on board with Fraser (our wonderous webmaster ;) and am now assisting as moderator (He does have a web site to run, a child notwithstanding! I have been a regular to Universe Today and most recently (over the past couple of years) an avid reader of the subscription Fraser has sent out to those requesting it.

I find that the responses to the various topics on the main page to be very refreshing and a lot of fun to read. A gentle reminder folks is, however, required. Please, please keep from knocking others. If you dislike someone or organization that's up to you; but this is a forum of ASTRONOMY related items and negative murmurs are seriously off topic.

Enjoy your stay and as always: If you see or know of a topic that isn't here drop either Fraser or myself a line and we'll look into it for you!

Until next time,

Clear Skiesv all!

MikeV of Seattle
2003-Jul-17, 01:41 AM
DITTO for me as well Fraser;
I just want to say thanks Fraser, I have been getting your newsletter for a long time now and I think you do a fabulous job! :rolleyes:

DippyHippy
2003-Jul-17, 03:20 AM
Good point Bjarne.

Do we need posting rules and guidelines or are we adult enough to respect one another?

Dips

Fraser
2003-Jul-17, 08:07 PM
I have no official posting rules right now. So far I'm extremely happy with the way things are going.

All I ask is that people be respectful and behave nicely.

Now, I'm not some naive fool. I've been involved in enough message boards to know that eventually the trolls show up. There will always be people who are rude like it's their job.

This isn't a democracy, this is a Caintatorship, I'll use my awesome power to silence, edit, ban, and generally enforce the kind of message board I want this to become.

Let's all hope it doesn't come to that. :-)

DippyHippy
2003-Jul-24, 12:38 AM
LOL!!

I know what you mean Fraser... I'm sure those of us who are here to enjoy ourselves and who already enjoy astronomy and all things space-related will have no problem abiding by that simple rule.

Dips

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-13, 01:22 AM
Oh good good, I saw it! "Lol" Good. Abbreviations can be used, and it seems many people know them. Any of you played runescape? Hmmm..
What is Caintatorship by the way?

Fraser
2003-Sep-16, 08:26 PM
It's a Fraser "Cain"taitorship. Sort of like a Dictatorship... but I'm a little nicer.

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-17, 11:17 PM
Ahh, sorry about that, I'm on a freshman in high school.

StompRocketman
2006-Mar-06, 12:22 AM
I just installed a junk mail blocker and I tryed to put Universe Today on the approved list but it wants an e-mail address. I couldn't find one what should I use?

StopmRocketman:doh:

Fraser
2006-Mar-06, 09:31 PM
maybe my email address? info@universetoday.com

suntrack2
2006-Mar-11, 04:40 PM
bjarne, I like your greetings above very much.
this is great place of great people ( i am not a great one:) )
Fraser Sir and their team here are taking great pains in maintaining the good things at good place with a decent manner.

sunil