PDA

View Full Version : Crop Circles

stephanie_dukie
2003-Jul-21, 02:17 PM
Do you believe that crop circles are a form of "communication" from somwewhere in our solar system?

If you do, why do you think they pick England as a hotspot?

Myself, I think crop circles are of Earth bound origin

Fraser
2003-Jul-21, 03:32 PM
They're a total hoax. The original crop circle creators (a pair of guys from the UK) revealed their secrets a few years ago and showed people how they make them.

stephanie_dukie
2003-Jul-21, 04:57 PM
I would tend to believe that Fraser, but then how do we explain the amount of them in places far away from England? And how do we explain the ones which have been here for years and years?

It would take quite a bit of talent and knowledge to make these things, especially some of the ones that are actually "mathmatically correct".

I saw that show you spoke about, but I have a real hard time thinking these guys were the begining and end of crop circles.

PS: I too think they are human made, but we had a very heated discussion yesterday about crop circles at a party, and I was amazed at how many people think they are indeed communications from the heavens above. And what I say above is some of the arguments made.

There was and apparently is, millions who actually believe the ones in i think, Scotland, were done SO MANY YEARS AGO, that the theroy that they were human made actually holds no water!

peter adams
2003-Jul-22, 08:04 PM
:blink: Crop Circles have been proven to be a hoax or natural winds. The idea that aliens would communicate this way is not very convincing or practical - never mind it was a nice and novel idea just trying to sort out how it could have been done !

DippyHippy
2003-Jul-24, 01:45 AM
Peter, they made for a nice album cover too :D

Dips

Fraser
2003-Jul-24, 02:40 AM
All the other circles were just made by copycats. Nothing supernatural going on.

rocketa
2003-Aug-13, 07:55 AM
Well let's take the evolution of Crop Circles. The first one I am aware of was noted in the 1950's in South Africa. It was a simple circle. The speculation was that it was a helicopter landing site or that wild dogs had used it as a "run".

Jump ahead, still circles in England primarily. Then they began becoming more complicated. The circles become more complex and linear or rectilinear forms are added in.

So it took these superintelligent awarenesses 50 years to learn how to do this?
If done, as is so popularly expounded, by "aliens" or such then the circles would have had the same intelligence content from the beginning, from the first ones. I use the same argument, incidently, when thinking about "flying saucer crashes". These aliens have spent years travelling from a distant star with super evolved machinery only to get here and CRASH?

I would not discount the making of crop circles by hoaxers nor even by an orbiting laser controlled by some government as a continuing demonstration of their superiority in the orbiting weapons arena.

stephanie_dukie
2003-Aug-13, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by rocketa@Aug 13 2003, 03:55 AM

So it took these superintelligent awarenesses 50 years to learn how to do this?
If done, as is so popularly expounded, by "aliens" or such then the circles would have had the same intelligence content from the beginning, from the first ones. I use the same argument, incidently, when thinking about "flying saucer crashes". These aliens have spent years travelling from a distant star with super evolved machinery only to get here and CRASH?

OK, that being said, maybe these "superintelligent" awareness took 50 years because they were going at the speed they think we learn at!?

Maybe these "aliens" made the circles as they assumed we were able to accept them at. Maybe they started with just a circle because humans "awareness" is/was at that level, and as we began learning about them and their capabilities, they began showing us more. (more complex cirlces)

As far as crashing, we are assuming & guessing when we put their intelligent level at any level past ours. Maybe, just maybe, they too are learning, and although they are superior to us, maybe they are not as superior as we think they are. Just because they have discovered a way to travel from planet to planet or universe to universe, does that make them immune to mistakes? Do we also assume that they have materials & equipment that are flawless and incapable to fail?

I disagree that these "aliens" are "perfect" and have the intelligence to create perfect/flawless lives for themselves. I think we are full of hot air to believe these creature/people/things are perfect in their thoughts and in their actions, and if they indeed are, then they probably expose to us, the simplist and most infintile of their capabilities, including their flaws.

But just for the record, i personally dont believe in "aliens", nor evolution, but its quite entertaining to watch humans putting "aliens" in some bracket of Godly intelligence where they make people believe we should bow down to these creatures because we think they are so much more then us.

PS: Humans have spent years & years travelling also, and we still crash

Astral
2003-Aug-13, 09:03 PM
I have a question that's just a little off-topic.

[QUOTE]its quite entertaining to watch humans putting "aliens" in some bracket of Godly intelligence where they make people believe we should bow down to these creatures because we think they are so much more then us.

Even if there are "perfect" beings out there (and, of course, we are still using a human definition of perfect), why does that automatically mean they should be worshiped?

stephanie_dukie
2003-Aug-13, 10:20 PM
Astral,

I think worship is a strong word to use, and if I led you to believe thats what I meant I am sorry.

Ya know, it isnt abnormal for us humans to have put the idea of "aliens" as some higher intelligence just because of society & our government. If there are aliens, why does the American government think we humans are going to be in some uprise or panic over the idea? Society hides the idea of aliens, keeps it in the strictist of confidence, and then everyone "speculates" the who, what where when and why's of the idea of aliens.

I disagree that they (aliens) even are real, and I think that the "worship" comes from people (scientists) claiming aliens are "foolproof" & incapable of mistakes. If we did evolve, then what would make us believe that aliens havent/arent evolving also. How do we know that aliens arent some animal form? What if Aliens are indeed visiting earth, but sending their lowest of lifeforms instead of themselves. If aliens are coming, why would they hide from us?

If evolution is true (cough-cough), then evolution is an ongoing thing. If evolution is true, then aliens have evolved also because that is what their world would be doing. I dont think that just because aliens fly from another universe/planet to our planet, that makes them superior, and if they really want to impress us humans, bring with them the cure for cancer, or the plant that cures cancer. I would think that these aliens would do a bit more then a crop circle if they came to make an impression on us. If they can travel in the cadillac of spaceships, and go places we cant, and want to be noticed, and are of this incredible intelligence, they sure are taking the long way in getting noticed.

Or are we just so dumb, that crashing a spaceship is the best we can understand.