PDA

View Full Version : Space Station "For Sale"

thomastech
2003-Jul-28, 02:28 PM
You want "Space Commercialization"...

Here it is!

All you have to do is partner with NASA (like i did), and you too can be a "Space Entrepreneur"
Once a Partner, if you really want to make the "Big Bucks", all you have to do is try to talk someone into buying a replica of the International Space Station Destiny Module!
The price...a bargain at $2,500,000.00 (2.5 Million)

I think everybody should own at least "one"

Yes, be the first one on your block to get yours!

Here are the details:

This full-scale museum replica of the U.S. Laboratory Module Destiny is constructed with amazing attention to detail including an observation window with a flat panel screen with earth views, an astronaut sleeping cabin with sleeping bag, a treadmill just like the ones the astronauts use in space and storage facilities. Sounds recorded on the actual space station add a realistic finishing touch. You'll think you've actually made a trip to the International Space Station! Designed and manufactured by our sister company Johnson Engineering - click on the images for a larger picture.

The U.S. Laboratory Module Destiny is designed for scientific and technological research conducted aboard the International Space Station (ISS). Destny was carried into space on mission STS-98 in early 2001 and was the first dedicated laboratory module to be attached to ISS.

This Destiny replica was modeled after NASA flight trainers and finished to exhibit standards. The exhibit consists of the primary structure with exterior features of molded three-dimensional Micrometeoroid Orbital Debris Shields of near flight-like appearance. The Destiny exhibit is 29 feet in length and 15 feet in diameter and weighs almost 20,000 pounds.

On the interior there are twenty-four high fidelity Payload Racks located in four rows of six bays on the deck, port, starboard, and overhead orientation just like the Destiny module currently on orbit. The interior racks and outfitting are flight-like to the smallest detail and include flight decaling and labeling. Located over the deck racks is an inch and half thick tempered and laminated glass floor, which permits viewing and walking with out damage to the deck rack surfaces. Eighteen (18) of the payload racks are two-dimensional. There are six (6) three dimensional racks consisting of the Microgravity Specimen Glove Box (MSG), World Observation Research Facility (WORF), Treadmill Vibration Isolation System (TIVS), Human Research Facility (HRF), Zero-G Stowage Rack and the Temporary Sleep Station (TESS). The TESS can offer private accommodation for one ISS crewman and is equipped with a Russian sleeping bag. The WORF Rack has a 42 inch flat panel display located beneath its view port which can depict realistic views of the Earth for exhibit patrons.

A five-channel home theater sound system has been included for audio effect. Supporting looping video displays and audio loops convey the feeling of a working module on orbit. Other representative items include components found in the end cone and close-out sections of the module including Caution and Warning Panels (C&W), Utility Outlet Panels (UOP), Audio/Telecom Units (ATUs), General Light Units (GLUs) and hatch components. Internal electrical and lighting capabilities were also provided.

Hurry while supplies last!
Simply click on the link below; then click on the NASA banner at the bottom left of the page; then click on the "Musem Quality Replicas" link on the left side of the page...
...Its Easy!
Place your order today! B)
Web Site (http://www.customlook.us/SpaceNews.htm)

WendellG
2003-Aug-15, 11:36 PM
I'll take two.

Planetwatcher
2003-Aug-16, 04:59 PM
Is this anything like the guy who is selling plots of land on the Moon? :lol:

Locke
2003-Aug-22, 06:15 AM
Your proboly going to have to look farther than this website! :D

Locke

imported_Voyager
2003-Aug-23, 05:29 PM
I agree. :lol:

kashi
2003-Sep-16, 12:04 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=12605 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2337591883&category=12605)

"This is an apartment for the ULTIMATE Star Trek Fan. Originally a Studio Apartment but after just over 3 years it has been transformed into the interior of the starship Enterprise. Designed and built by interior designer Tony Alleyne..."

Only US $2,000,000.00 on Ebay. Place your bids now!

Kashi

Deep_Eye
2003-Sep-16, 01:07 AM
Rofl!

thomastech
2003-Nov-24, 05:23 PM
Just in time for the holidays NASA is offering a great deal for you space Santas!

What a deal!!!...

Now, you can save $850,000.00 dollars on our previous price of $2.5 Million for the replica of the ISS!

Now just $1.65 Million!!!

Hurry!!!

At this price, they will not last! B)

Graceless
2003-Nov-26, 10:23 PM
Holy. Crappola.

That apartment is HILARIOUS! I wonder if he does requests.

"I'm thinking of a Planet of the Apes motif...."

damienpaul
2003-Dec-22, 03:05 AM
if i buy the station, will i get a set of free steak knives or saucepans?

thomastech
2003-Dec-22, 04:14 AM
If you want “steak knives” or “saucepans”…?

I will see what I can do…

I was thinking I could probably work out a deal to get you a Plaque with all of the names & signatures of astronauts that have visited the Station…?

:)

damienpaul
2003-Dec-22, 04:22 AM
Yes that'd be nice and maybe throw in fries with that

Spacemad
2004-Feb-01, 02:19 PM
I´d love to have the ISS (replica) in my living room ...

... but I don´t think it would fit somehow! :)

However I think I could made space for the plaque! :) :) :)

jamerz3294
2004-Feb-17, 10:46 PM
Hmmmmmm............... now where did I put that jar of pennies? actually have the room in my pole barn, if I take out the boats! B)

zephyr46
2004-Dec-08, 05:58 AM
A few queries

Will it fly?

Can I live in it?

And

How much was the original?

misha2dope
2004-Dec-10, 05:00 AM
ummm i'm new too this site, and did you say your a partner of NASA??? and that you have that 2.5 million dallor station????!!?!?!??!

aeolus
2004-Dec-10, 01:33 PM
This station would be fine and dandy, but how am I supposed to get onboard? I'd have to buy a whole new replica Soyuz, wouldn't I!!! Its probably in the fine print.

...There's ALWAYS a catch, I guess...

Duane
2004-Dec-10, 01:48 PM
Ha good one aeolus! :lol: