PDA

View Full Version : The Destiny of Human Expansion

mostwanted
2003-Aug-08, 01:43 PM
After profound Analysis of the way space exploration programs have been evoloving since the late 50's, It was pretty simple to come up with this conclusion concerning the high frontier:
REACHING PRIMITIVE STELLAR ENVIRONMENTS REQIURES HIGHLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY BEYOND OUR CURRENT PERCEPTION=> EXTREME TECH EMBEDDED IN INCIPIENT ALIEN ECOSYSTEMS IS UNDESIRABLE ( FOR THE ORIGIN OF LIFE SEEKERS,WHAT IS LIFE?) BUT INEVITABLE=> SPACE EXPLORATION AND COLONIZATION SHALL ALWAYS BE A SOLO PERSPECTIVE PROCESS.
So do u agree, is there a way to avoid that, ie, to find out what's up there without any "probably underminig" intervention? What are your opinions about this HIGH-FRONTIER issue?

rocketa
2003-Aug-12, 12:32 AM
If you are a Rabbit, how do you discover the intention of the Hunter? Or more to the point, how do you use the hunter's technology for your benefit?

I observe our little hamsters; we are extremely benevolent to them (outside of caging them!) and I think we must seem as gods to them as we to gods. A very hackneyed idea, but appropriate in this particular forum, this particular topic. So even to a benevolent superior being, how would you take advantage of their technology? Otherwise it is a thousand-year wait.

Oh, and I guess the larger point, who and what and where and when are THEY?

StarLab
2004-Nov-05, 01:25 AM
I dunno...but, let's ask everyone else...so, what do you guys think?

astromark
2004-Nov-05, 12:24 PM
;) I would think by observation...

GOURDHEAD
2004-Nov-05, 01:14 PM
Oh, and I guess the larger point, who and what and where and when are THEY?

Who: They are many and varied from the forge of evolution.

What: Carbon and water based.

Where: Throughout the universe but our interest is confined for now to the MW.

When: If the big bang really happened, it took a few billion years for those
elements required for carbon in water based life to accumulate in
sufficient quantities. They have been around ever since they evolved
technology until now.