PDA

View Full Version : New Hubble Constant method?

Jmartin
2003-Aug-15, 07:01 PM
I came up with the following method of determining the Hubble Constant by using the gravitational constant and would like to know if it has validity and if it something new. If it is valid and it is new, just remember that you saw it here first.

According to the formula given below, the Hubble constant is 50.3 km/sec/Mpc if one assumes that the Universe is 13 billion years old.

To determine the Hubble Constant by using the gravitational constant, one must assume that the gravitational constant of 6.67E-11 cubic meters / kg X sec X sec means that the universe is growing by 6.67E-11 cubic meters per second per second for each kg of mass in the universe.

The density of the universe figures in determining the Hubble constant. To determine that density, one does not need to know the mass of the universe since mass cancels out in the formula of 2 X mass / mass X age of universe^2 X G. The determined density is then multiplied by the volume of a sphere having a radius of one Mpc to yield the mass contained within that sphere. Consecutively multiplying that mass by G and the age of the universe yields the volume of expansion of the sphere per time. By dividing that volume by the surface area of the sphere, one obtains the Hubble Constant. However, cancellations allow the Hubble constant to be obtained by using the very simple formula of 2 X 3.09E22 meters / 3 X age in seconds. (Note that 3.09E22 = 1Mpc).

It is evident from the formula that the Hubble Constant diminishes through time.

snowflakeuniverse
2003-Sep-03, 09:52 PM
I am intrigued.

Please expalin in more detail. I have done somewhat simmilar work, but I think I am more tied to a physical model. Gravity decreases with the passage of cosmic time. The expansion or distance between points slows with time, but the volume always increases with the passage of cosmic time. (Its a 2/3 's power thing).

Look forward to your next post

snowflake

Ps I responded a couple of days ago but one of you follow up postings is gone today.