PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: New Hubble Wallpaper

Fraser
2003-Sep-09, 06:25 PM
SUMMARY: Sorry about the delay there yesterday, we're redoing the floor here and the computer was inaccessible. Not to mention my typing hands being pretty sore after a day wielding an air chisel. It's one of those glueless wood laminate floors that interlock so well even I can't mess it up.

Anyway, here's a wallpaper of the recent Hubble photo taken of galaxy NGC 3370. The amazing thing about this picture is that they did such a long exposure (24 hours) that the background is filled with dim galaxies. The more you look at it, the more galaxies you see.

To make this your computer background, click the link below and then right-click anywhere on the image and select "Set as Wallpaper".

Click here to download the image at 1024x768 resolution. (127 KB)

I've also added the image to the photo gallery, at an extremely high resolution, so if you really want to appreciate it - purchase a print copy. :-)

Click here and then go into the Hubble gallery. It's the first image in the collection.

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

P.S. One last reminder, the contest to win a DVD Player and Apollo 11 DVD ends tomorrow, so if you haven't already, enter for a chance to win some cool prices.

Comments or questions about this story? Feel free to share your thoughts.

Planetwatcher
2003-Sep-10, 12:24 AM
I just got done downloading it and I like it better then the last couple that was made available.

Fraser
2003-Sep-11, 07:36 AM
It's my current wallpaper right now too. Don't get too cosy with it, though, I'm going to be putting up the Saturn one shortly.