PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Totally Off Topic

Fraser
2003-Sep-16, 08:09 PM
I've created this thread as a place for people to talk about anything they like that has nothing to do with space and astronomy. Go ahead, talk about the weather, sports, video games, or whatever you like. I'd prefer to avoid religious and political discussions, however, as they have a tendancy to get pretty heated, and I'm not really interested in being a referee for that kind of thing. I'm sure there are a zillion discussion boards out there for that kind of thing.

Remember Fraser's rule, however, be nice. :-)

DippyHippy
2003-Sep-26, 05:16 AM
I'm glad you've added this forum - apart from anything else, I think it will be a good place to get to know one another more and find out what other things we're all interested in. I definitely agree with the politics / religion thing too... that's one simple rule I have with friends and loved ones... no arguing over religion, politics, money or family!!!

Dips

jkmccrann
2005-Nov-01, 12:44 PM
I've created this thread as a place for people to talk about anything they like that has nothing to do with space and astronomy. Go ahead, talk about the weather, sports, video games, or whatever you like. I'd prefer to avoid religious and political discussions, however, as they have a tendancy to get pretty heated, and I'm not really interested in being a referee for that kind of thing. I'm sure there are a zillion discussion boards out there for that kind of thing.

Remember Fraser's rule, however, be nice. :-)

I was caught to thinking, shouldn't this be a sticky at the top of the area? Particularly the part advising against certain types of discussions.

Moose
2005-Nov-01, 12:58 PM
Well, I'd suggest that the topic restrictions, being part of the rules all members are supposed to read carefully and understand before posting, probably shouldn't need to be stickied in this thread. It should go without saying that all forum rules apply to this thread, like all other threads.

I don't see any real reason to sticky the thread, but then again, I don't see any real reason not to.

So. How about those White Sox?

Argos
2005-Nov-01, 01:07 PM
Isn´t there a babbling area already? No offense jkmccrann, but I think this ressurecting frenzy has gone too far. Lets look ahead. The world is full of unexplored subjects. ;)

Lianachan
2005-Nov-01, 01:24 PM
Was this thread part of the UT board before there was a dedicated off-topic forum? The thread seems pretty redundant now - why have a "talk about what you like here" thread within a "talk about what you like here" forum?

Agreeing with Argos, here.

Moose
2005-Nov-01, 01:48 PM
Isnīt there a babbling area already? No offense jkmccrann, but I think this ressurecting frenzy has gone too far. Lets look ahead. The world is full of unexplored subjects. ;)

(*swears under breath*) I hadn't noticed this was yet another resurrection.

2005-Nov-01, 02:54 PM
jkmccrann:

Stop breathing life into topics better left dead. You are harming the forum. Cut it out, please. Thanks.